David Luiz

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by bingobob, Jan 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GunnerUK

GunnerUK Well-Known Member

2. Tosker

Tosker Hates Foreigners

it sounds as if the situation is similar to ours with Alexis - money raised became less of an issue than the need to get rid of a disruptive influence

we can only hope Luis turns out better for us than Alexis did for United

3. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

£5m? Idc what anyone says, that would be unbelievable business

North5 and CarolinaGooner like this.
  4. Chaoz_Enigma

Chaoz_Enigma Active Member

Yassssss! A portugese speaker for martinelli.

L3T5 PL4Y, North5 and Hunta like this.
  5. GunnerUK

GunnerUK Well-Known Member

That settles it then...

North5 likes this.
  6. Iceman10

Iceman10 Well-Known Member

tbh, it's likely we'll find tomorrow a figure closer to 12m, if the deal does go through.

7. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Prefers To Be Called Dennis

Two horrible footballers. Don't deserve me looking up vomit gif.

8. Finesse

Finesse Well-Known Member

I am not sure why anyone is not satisfied with Luis considering where we find ourselves less than 24 hours to the close of the window. We have shown ambition in our rejected bid for Upamecano! 55m according to reports. A big investment for a young player who would have come in and not gone straight into the team. He had to be eased in slowly. That would have left us with Sokratis and Mustafi as sure starters. With Kos gone and Holding still far away from full fitness , Luis at 5m is a very good shout. He will come into the team easily and knows the PL better. I will be more comfortable with Sokratis and Luis for starts while we wait for Holding to gain fitness and push them. Anything to keep Mustafi out of the team. Luis’ experience, character and winning mentality speaks for itself. Chelsea had to break their over 30 policy to give him a 2 year deal for a reason. He is fit and raring to go. No need to dwell on that. He will bring in some grit into the defence and his influence in the dressing room should be immense. Let’s complete this as get on with the season. We can go back for Upamecano in a year when his contract has 1 year to go.

9. ThlRama

ThlRama Well-Known Member

I don't like Luiz as a footballer and he is anything but a natural defender (which unfortunately is exactly what we need) but for under 10m you'd have to be a fool to not take him undet the current circumstances. Offer him a 2 year contract, he'd have the incentive to play his heart out to get a renewal or a last paycheck at the end of it, PL experienced, winner mentality and we weaken a rival in the process. He'd instantly be our best ball-playing defender by far, thus he improves us, even if going forward. We had trouble in playing out from the back last season.

Even if he doesn't start over Sokratis and Holding necessarily, he is as good as a 3rd-4th option as they come - and we need that. Plus a plan B for games in which we need to be more expansive, or with 3 at the back. Then we can sell some defender he displaces (Mustafi, Chambers) for a higher fee. A no brainer.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    L3T5 PL4Y, Jackie_Treehorn and jvw like this.
  10. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

Anything under £15m for this guy is fine.

£5-10m is a bargain considering we have no time left anyway.

11. Highbury_2006

Highbury_2006 Village Idiot

He was in Chelsea's starting eleven 47 times last season. But sure, he is on Mustafis level.

12. every little thing

every little thing Well-Known Member

55m +iwobi 30m should be enough to get upamencano.....i suspect we dont have the money already

13. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

55M for Upemacano was a massive bid as well. A rushed 70M bid would have been irresponsible imo. We can’t be following Man U’s stupidity.

14. Özillionaire

Özillionaire Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

The disrespect we get from the media is hilarious. Chelsea sell him and suddenly it's all "Lampard couldn't guarantee him minutes".

Yeah, because he was going to be replaced at CB by Zouma and Tomori.......

North5 and ThlRama like this.
  15. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

Zouma is sh*t as well btw.

16. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

Not his fault, guy was a don before that horrific injury.

ItWasMeBarry and OnlyOne like this.
  17. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Jep hated that so much, regardles of rivalry. He was playing so great and reaching his potential, all gone in seconds. Hope Sane will come back ok.

NieThePiet and Rex Banter like this.
  18. Gunner-Union

Gunner-Union Well-Known Member

me too a like watching sane when he is on form so much pace and danger with him

19. CarolinaGooner

CarolinaGooner Active Member

I think Luiz is the perfect stopgap until we get Saliba back on loan. Hopefully Rob will be back in a few months as well. A trio of Sokratis, Holding and Luiz is an upgrade over last season.

20. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.