• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Deadline Day January 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Wonder how long before Fat Sam tries to convince Niles that he is just as good a manager as Arsène...

Wish Willock well, but can't wish well a player that is going to play for that gimp.

He'll have some cracking stories for him...

"Ainsley lad, I heard you came here to play midfield and get an england call up....back in my day when I was england manager for 2 weeks, I was great, unbeaten record, better then wenger that record"

"Don't mind playing RWB this game do ya?"

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Oh, no doubt West Brom are excited. Somehow as the worst team in the PL they've added the best player to move to any PL team on deadline day!

But there are 3 parties who can benefit in a loan and I don't see how going to a bottom feeder like this is going to get AMN to the Euros or bump his transfer value up for Arsenal in the summer.

That said, obviously good luck to him and I hope I'm wrong.

In Willock's case - yeah, perfect place for him to land for both teams and for the player.
It's brave or mad by AMN. I like to think he and Willock will come good and allow us to rebuild our midfield for free. AMN must have assurances that he plays midfield and has decided it's make or break time. He'd regret not trying more than coasting at RB imo. Good luck to him. Fat Sam owes us for the kickings of fifteen years ago.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
AMN will have to work in this team. Can't go there with that nonchalant attitude. He has to stand out there or his career is over.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He'll have some cracking stories for him...

"Ainsley lad, I heard you came here to play midfield and get an england call up....back in my day when I was england manager for 2 weeks, I was great, unbeaten record, better then wenger that record"

"Don't mind playing RWB this game do ya?"
Pint of Blue Nun at half time, on Big Sam no doubt.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Have a bad feeling Tierney won't play again this season...would be our luck :lol:

My guess is that Cedric will be backup for LB, and Chambers will be tried as RB backup. Chambers was pretty good before his injury.

What if Nelson will get more chances and Saka will be an attacking LB again if Tierney is injured?

I certainly would have liked some LB acquisition.

Surely they don't plan to try Joel Lopez in these important matches for the first time.

One point about getting the Mustafi's etc. out is that they don't stink up the training ground atmosphere, which I would guess could happen easily, no matter how mature the players are mentally.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Speaking about Mustafi, Wenger added: "He is at the right age. He has good experience. He is a very focused player who can play with the ball as well. We have taken a great player but have prepared well for the future."

...Arsène saying that about Mustafi like...

2r1alc.jpg

Gazidis definitely done Big Wengz dirty with this transfer :lol:

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Decent loan moves.

AMN in midfield at WBA is better for him.. Either it works and he gets to prove himself as a CM, or it doesn't and he accepts that full back is a better option. I also think fat Sam will be a good match for developing what AMN needs to...focus, on-pitch discipline, consistency within games and security on the ball. He has the athletic and technical skills to be to CM at EPL level, but lacks the mentality to make you feel safe selecting him there at the top level. If he can get more switched on, he could yet be an option for us there.

Willock going to Newcastle is good for all parties. He needs games desperately, Newcastle are desperate for an athletic central player with goal threat, and Steve Bruce has always done right by Arsenal when loaning players from us in the past, and though I'm not convinced he's a dynamic coach, he always comes across as a thoroughly decent guy to me. Was one of very few of the mid 90s United team to not be a massive ****.

Shame Nelson couldn't step out too, but I think for our quotas, letting more than 2 HG guys out the club was always going to be a problem, and it sounds like he didn't get any good offers.

And of course Mustafi going feels like one more step towards this club being a serious entity again. Seems like a decent guy, but just not one with the mentality for a club of Arsenal's size.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Speaking about Mustafi, Wenger added: "He is at the right age. He has good experience. He is a very focused player who can play with the ball as well. We have taken a great player but have prepared well for the future."

...Arsène saying that about Mustafi like...

2r1alc.jpg

Gazidis definitely done Big Wengz dirty with this transfer :lol:

Imagine giving Gazidis the free reign of £72m in his hand, go find us a winger.

zilfy

Mikel will have to make up for Reiss's failed loan by actually playing him every now and again.

I'm okay with that though- take Willian's minutes, he doesn't seem to want them anyway

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Bizarre start to this interview about the Bale and Alli situation at Sp**s...

Jim: "Remember that night Adebayor and co spanked you 4-0, on your big Champions League night...anyway what's your view on Gareth and Dele?"

This really made me laugh, 'arry doesn't sound happy :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom