• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

GDeep™

League is very weak
Is it an attack on fashion though? I have yet to see anyone attack it because they thought the skirt was ugly. It's rather that wearing a skirt is not considered masculine.

I know your knowledge is extremely limited here but being gay and being trans are different things.

Being norm breaking was probably the entire point of dressing up like that. Why should we look down on someone for doing it though? Again reactions like this is probably the exact reason why a gay player has yet felt comfortable to come out. Which is terrible.
From what I read it was more about DCL being another “fashion first” footballer. It was similar with Bellerin, he was attacked for his fashion sense, modelling etc, taking over his football.

Goonger

We all get judged on our fashion. If I was walking around with yellow pyjamas on the streets I would get laughed at by some people. If I walk around with a skirtsame thing will happen. Questioning his fashion doesn’t make one homophobic

Im Scottish, our national outfit is a glorified skirt.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

We all get judged on our fashion. If I was walking around with yellow pyjamas on the streets I would get laughed at by some people. If I walk around with a skirtsame thing will happen. Questioning his fashion doesn’t make one homophobic
A society where men are forced to conform to masculine norms is not desirable and unhealthy. "If two men were making out in public they would be laughed at by some people. Questioning two men kissing each other in public is not homophobic" this is basically the same argument.

From what I read it was more about DCL being another “fashion first” footballer. It was similar with Bellerin, he was attacked for his fashion sense, modelling etc, taking over his football.
I've seen very little in the vein of "Ugh another footballer obsessed with fashion" and more "Eww, a man wearing a skirt, what a wuss".

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

DLC is not gay. So why is questioning his fashion sense even homophobic. Either way he is nowhere near worth what Everton would sell for the summer. Limited player who is very very injury prone

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I keep wondering about DCL’s injury record though regardless of whether he’s the right fit or not. Makes for concerning reading

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

DLC is not gay. So why is questioning his fashion sense even homophobic. Either way he is nowhere near worth what Everton would sell for the summer. Limited player who is very very injury prone
DCL is not gay. But if this is the reaction to a man simply wearing a skirt. I can't imagine the amount of derision a gay man fotballer would get here.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
So is DCL gay or not?

Trying to figure out if I am gonna be getting a mention in this thread soon!

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

DCL is not gay. But if this is the reaction to a man simply wearing a skirt. I can't imagine the amount of derision a gay man fotballer would get here.
No one would care about gay player. The reason no player want to come out is not because of players and fans, but the media who would make everything about his sexuality and mention it every chance. Any pics they see him standing next to another man they would make about his sexuality in a sly way. John smith picture with a mysterious man wink wink.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

No one would care about gay player. The reason no player want to come out is not because of players and fans, but the media who would make everything about his sexuality and mention it every chance. Any pics they see him standing next to another man they would make about his sexuality in a sly way. John smith picture with a mysterious man wink wink.
Incredibly naive prediction. People will deride a man wearing a skirt but not a man being gay? Yeah no.

nah you should get **** dressing up as a school girl

it was not just a skirt it was a school girl outfit
Do you think Drag Queens should get ****?

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
nah you should get **** dressing up as a school girl

it was not just a skirt it was a school girl outfit

****ing hell someone gets it, its not the skirt its the ridiculous 'fashion' side of it all.

Its in line with the weird fashion you see on catwalks with some person wearing a bin bag, Scottish people wear kilts no one cares, DCL just looks ridiculous because he is dressed like a school girl like it looks any good, you can bullshit and talk it up as 'fashion' but its all bollocks, 'fashion' is like art and is subjective and it attracts opinions.

But come on, the whole 'fashion' side of that nonsense is shock value and pushing looking different to shock.

tcahill

He's a good looking fella who can pull off basically anything.

On the actual football side, good player but definitely not worth the money Everton would ask. I'd rather get two Tomiyasu level strikers signings for still cheaper and see if one of them makes the cut.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom