• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dušan Vlahović

Which club will Vlahovic end up at?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I think the same, I don't like his attitude, he is acting like he were WC for seasons. We have seen how it goes when they do that (Aouar).

Go for Schick and we will be ok. Or take Felix from Atlético and play him as false nine. I bet he can do everything Laca does better.
After scouting him, I don't think he will be a good fit for the dressing room.

Especially given the high wage demand of him, will unsettle our other talents.

Please can you both elaborate on what you've seen about his attitude that makes you question him not being a good fit? Thanks.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Its funny how times have changed. Data and radars really do colour our view of players. Sometimes it is simply about. Are they a very good footballer or not? If we don't get him there are other options. Isak is a very good footballer in his own right.

Ask yourself this. When Henry was at Juventus. What would his radar have looked like? 105 appearances for Monaco. 20 goals. 16 for Juventus, 3 goals.

If he he existed now, we would be hoping we missed out on him. Sometimes we need to trust the guys who have played, develop and understand what improvements a footballer can make.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Its funny how times have changed. Data and radars really do colour our view of players. Sometimes it is simply about. Are they a very good footballer or not? If we don't get him there are other options. Isak is a very good footballer in his own right.

Ask yourself this. When Henry was at Juventus. What would his radar have looked like? 105 appearances for Monaco. 20 goals. 16 for Juventus, 3 goals.

If he he existed now, we would be hoping we missed out on him. Sometimes we need to trust the guys who have played, develop and understand what improvements a footballer can make.
I agree, but this is an issue in every sport where nerds have taken over in assessing talents with numbers instead of real football people who can judge ability with their eyes. To this day whenever they post xg stats I don’t get it

Game Over

Exactly. Look at the type of players StatsDNA got us - Elneny, Mustafi...

After a near flawless summer window as far as incomings go, we should trust these guys will get this transfer right.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
All these constant mentions/non-mentions, one day, I tell ya...

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Makavelii

I agree, but this is an issue in every sport where nerds have taken over in assessing talents with numbers instead of real football people who can judge ability with their eyes. To this day whenever they post xg stats I don’t get it

This logic always baffles me. Even the tippy top best managers in the world put more weighting in the stats than their eyes. Do you think you know better than them?

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service

The data is certainly useful and it certainly works in giving us condensed and objective summaries of players but it will inevitably miss out on the complexities and intangibles of football.

Players organically develop trees of decision making that may or may not bear fruit, in their current form a computer isn’t going to be able tell if something a player is unsuccessful trying to implement today is going to work tomorrow, for that kind of an assessment of if a player is on the right track you need an informed person.

Humans are still the most advanced pattern recognition machines known so there’s no reason to throw out their insights whole sale but it would be stupid not to use data analysis to try to aid our understanding and assessment of footballers.

At least that’s my uninformed opinion on the matter.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This logic always baffles me. Even the tippy top best managers in the world put more weighting in the stats than their eyes. Do you think you know better than them?
they dont, otherwise people wouldnt question managers who prefer certain type of players and persist with them when the average person cant see why. stats dont take account to human emotions and how being comfortable in a team and in ones life effects ones football.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Over reliance on data has taken a bit of magic away from the game, no one will convince me otherwise.

Need more stuff like this...

E9VxHYmXEAknUw4

E9VxHYiWEAU7xmO

...this is football!

GoonerJay24

I feel there is a place for stats and data monitoring in relation to football talent identification. It makes the process of gauging player ability more thorough.
However this shouldn't override 'the eyes' of top coaches and scouts who have years of experience within the game.

Some of these sport science or multidisciplinary setups in football academies are causing alot of problems and wasting even more money. It should be implemented in clubs but not on a massive scale.

GoonerJay24

Anyway on Vlahovic, good goalscorer with ability to become a top striker. But I'm not sure if he'll suit Arsenal's current style. David in that striker position would offer far better link up, interplaying and combinations with Martinelli and Saka.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I feel there is a place for stats and data monitoring in relation to football talent identification. It makes the process of gauging player ability more thorough.
However this shouldn't override 'the eyes' of top coaches and scouts who have years of experience within the game.

Some of these sport science or multidisciplinary setups in football academies are causing alot of problems and wasting even more money. It should be implemented in clubs but not on a massive scale.
I agree. Specially when it comes to really young players as players develop physically and mentally at different stages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results
Top Bottom