• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dušan Vlahović

Which club will Vlahovic end up at?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
People keep saying they want they want their preferred striker without knowing the main issue lol.

Goonger

I think our name is being used here. Inter seems the likeliest destination.
Im not sure Inters owners would want to put out the money required, & also that they'd sign him as well as Dzeko.

I think Sp**s are the main rivals if I'm honest, & they are certainly more decisive than us while we monitor or prepare.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Hoping there's something serious in this rumor because the manager we get after Arteta is gone will have a gem on his hands.

Those who think Dusan is only a big, strong limited target man are very wrong in my humble opinion.

He's well rounded, has a solid technique, he's still very, very young, and has shown so much potential already.
He carried Fiorentina so hard last season. At the age of 20/21. That's a historic club with a lot of pressure, in a very turbulent period who has just let their biggest star, Chiesa, leave for Juventus.
Huge pressure on him. Last season was anything but a good season for Fiorentina. And he pulled them through at many times.

Look at both of these screenshots from Whoscored.com and the Tweet after.

View attachment 3972

View attachment 3973

His Player goal/Team goals over the entire season was at 45%! He's 21!
Still, he can and will improve on many aspects.

Those comparing to Zlatan or such are a bit too optimistic atm. Dusan doesn't - yet - posses that kind of technique and dribbling skills, but he posseses plenty other skills. Zlatan is a fan though.

What makes me think he will take his career further up regardless is this:

(Clearly he thinks he's Zlatan 2.0 too) but his work ethic is in place. He works hard in games, and outside of games. He is confident - he had him in his own fantasy team and when socring a hat-trick he commented that he was going to score a lot of points :lol: -

He's shown promise of being able to add to his game, and with that sort of confidence and edge that a top striker needs, and still having what seems to be his head in the right place you can take your 1.9m body to great heights. Tbh. I do, similar to some of these reports I read on him, see similarities to Kane in Dusan. The style, the movements. He doesn't dive as much luckily and Dusan's dialect isn't as ****ed, but he seems to be able to spread play out well, and I could see Dusan drop deep similar to what Kane did so devastatingly for England during the Euros.

As is probably evident by now, I have a lot of time for this kid, and think we would do a great deal with him - also for around 50M. It's rare that I back someone this hard, but having seen many of Fiorentina's extremely dreadful games the past season (about as dreadful as most of ours tbh) I see a lot of aspects of Dusan that is missed in compilations or in generic reports found. I can't completely put my finger on it (no more than I already have I suppose) I just feel he has it. Think he can really turn big, and would fit in well as the striker with the players we would have around him.
Well this just lets us know we're not getting him, the length and reasoning. Has there been any player in the past that appears to meet several requirements and seemed liked they could suit us - that we actually got?

mirrorstare

Is he our next option? seems Italy wants to throw money on Abraham for some weird reason.

If he's a targetman then I'm all in, we need something for our cross and hope approach.

If you ever take a tript to Mostar feel free to contact me for a free tour. I can also show you some "non-tourist" beautiful places 👍.

Ontopic: Just looking at that kierney crossing compilation and laca and auba missing shots, have a feeling this guy would be a monster...

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Gives you vibes he won't flop tbh, he looks like a quick physical beast with the same mentality as Haaland, reckons he's the best on the pitch. Exactly what you want from a striker.
Yeah, that's the comparison I see. I don't get why people say he is like Giroud. He is no slouch. Also is much better in the air than Haaland. I would go for him over Abraham.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, that's the comparison I see. I don't get why people say he is like Giroud. He is no slouch. Also is much better in the air than Haaland. I would go for him over Abraham.

Yeah agreed. I’ve only watched YouTube clips but he looks like he has the qualities defenders absolutely hate, quick and strong while relishing the physical part. Left foot worries me and his price tag is a huge risk but we’ve spunked money before let’s do it again.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
His all round creative numbers and in particular his passing numbers are very poor and it's always going to be a gamble going for a one season striker.

Agree with what others have said though. This is one where the eye test feels like a better judge. Some of his goals and movement have that instinctual quality to them with a range of finishes that remind me of the very best strikers. Together with his physical traits and what looks like a top mentality and he could develop into a massive player.

If we go for this, people will need a bit of patience though, he's not the finished article. If he had a slow start or a goal drought you'd hear all the donkey stuff coming out pretty quickly.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah agreed. I’ve only watched YouTube clips but he looks like he has the qualities defenders absolutely hate, quick and strong while relishing the physical part. Left foot worries me and his price tag is a huge risk but we’ve spunked money before let’s do it again.
Gooners talk did a break down and compared him to Abraham. All of Abraham's successful shots occur in the 6 yard box. What do we create in that area? Vlahovic is able to inside the box, but closer to the 18 yard line. He has much better shooting technique and scores a lot from the left going across the keeper. So I wouldn't worry about his left foot. Seems to have that mentality to develop his right foot also.

40 million + Torreira may do it. I don't think we will go for him though. We are at the stage of the window where we are being reactive and opportunistic. We are waiting to see what happens in the market and who becomes available. Literally shown by having no back up keeper by the start of the season. A position where we don't even need a player to leave to fill.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
His all round creative numbers and in particular his passing numbers are very poor and it's always going to be a gamble going for a one season striker.

Agree with what others have said though. This is one where the eye test feels like a better judge. Some of his goals and movement have that instinctual quality to them with a range of finishes that remind me of the very best strikers. Together with his physical traits and what looks like a top mentality and he could develop into a massive player.

If we go for this, people will need a bit of patience though, he's not the finished article. If he had a slow start or a goal drought you'd hear all the donkey stuff coming out pretty quickly.
Abraham isn't the finished article either. When you consider we barely create anything I reckon the Chelsea reject chants would come out pretty quick.

Also I would associate someone who is slow with being a donkey. I reckon Vlahovic actually have the strength to knock a defender back and power into the box would be a shock to the system or Arsenal fans since we are used to our centre forward not being able to move.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Lukaku is left footed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom