• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 🛒

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 969,946

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

A lot of reports when he signed for Chelsea said Bayern scouted him and deemed technically not good enough. Werner is not good enough for Chelsea or Liverpool

That’s what the average fan thinks now but I remember everyone and their dog having him in their wishlist a few summers ago. Can you name the last striker that actually succeeded in this low block Chelsea team (if we’re not going all the way back to those Drogba days)? The only one that comes to mind is Giroud, who was criticised heavily by our own fans for being a “donkey” and was seen as a squad player for them.

In terms of Liverpool, I think a lot of their attackers aren’t technically gifted but the fast paced, quick transition system Klopp has them in, they don’t need to be. Take Diogo Jota as an example, I’m certain if he was in this current Chelsea team, he’d be having a hard time. Sometimes I think people underestimate what playing under a good management and system that suits their strengths does to a player.

There’s a good thread on Twitter that I’ll link below on Werner, have a look through it and you’ll see what I’m talking about:

I can see a lot of similarities between the Pepe and Werner situations as they’re both at the wrong teams and I’m certain they’d look like a completely different player in another system.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

That’s what the average fan thinks now but I remember everyone and their dog having him in their wishlist a few summers ago. Can you name the last striker that actually succeeded in this low block Chelsea team (if we’re not going all the way back to those Drogba days)? The only one that comes to mind is Giroud, who was criticised heavily by our own fans for being a “donkey” and was seen as a squad player for them.

In terms of Liverpool, I think a lot of their attackers aren’t technically gifted but the fast paced, quick transition system Klopp has them in, they don’t need to be. Take Diogo Jota as an example, I’m certain if he was in this current Chelsea team, he’d be having a hard time. Sometimes I think people underestimate what playing under a good management and system that suits their strengths does to a player.

There’s a good thread on Twitter that I’ll link below on Werner, have a look through it and you’ll see what I’m talking about:

I can see a lot of similarities between the Pepe and Werner situations as they’re both at the wrong teams and I’m certain they’d look like a completely different player in another system.
Salah, Mane and Diaz are far more technical than Werner….are you serious? Just because fans have wish list of player doesn’t mean they are right. Go to the wish list thread in this forum and read the wish list posts 3 years ago and you would think wtf. We have seen enough of Werner to see he lacks the ability to play as a starter for an elite team. Doesn’t mean he is a bad player. He could play for a West Ham, Tottenham or Arsenal

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Salah, Mane and Diaz are far more technical than Werner….are you serious? Just because fans have wish list of player doesn’t mean they are right. Go to the wish list thread in this forum and read the wish list posts 3 years ago and you would think wtf. We have seen enough of Werner to see he lacks the ability to play as a starter for an elite team. Doesn’t mean he is a bad player. He could play for a West Ham, Tottenham or Arsenal

This post is classic A-M in using the dark arts of paraphrasing.

Nobody is comparing Werner to any of those, my point was that Liverpool players aren’t as technically gifted as you’re suggesting. I’d say their most technically gifted one isn’t even starting in Firmino. Unlike our club under Arteta who have the narrowest filter in what sort of striker would be guaranteed of working in our system, Liverpool/Klopp have built one that many attackers with Werner’s key attributes would flourish in. Like I said in my original post, Jota looks far more dangerous at Liverpool than he ever did at Wolves with their negative, five at the back system as Klopp is utilising his strengths with his directness and pace something that rarely happened under Nuno at Wolves.

By the way, I completely disagree with the last part, tell me what would Werner do at Arsenal under Arteta? He’s a confidence player that mainly relies on his movement and pace to get in behind which is in a similar mould to another striker that we paid a team to get off our book in the last window. If he wasn’t able to succeed under Teta ball then I don’t see how Werner would be able to do so.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
De Jong, The Jesus, and Gnabry and start shipping the silverware if it happens. Any time you can sign a striker named The Jesus like he isn’t any ordinary old Jesus like the Shepherd and savior guy, for around 40 million jump on it.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This post is classic A-M in using the dark arts of paraphrasing.

Nobody is comparing Werner to any of those, my point was that Liverpool players aren’t as technically gifted as you’re suggesting. I’d say their most technically gifted one isn’t even starting in Firmino. Unlike our club under Arteta who have the narrowest filter in what sort of striker would be guaranteed of working in our system, Liverpool/Klopp have built one that many attackers with Werner’s key attributes would flourish in. Like I said in my original post, Jota looks far more dangerous at Liverpool than he ever did at Wolves with their negative, five at the back system as Klopp is utilising his strengths with his directness and pace something that rarely happened under Nuno at Wolves.

By the way, I completely disagree with the last part, tell me what would Werner do at Arsenal under Arteta? He’s a confidence player that mainly relies on his movement and pace to get in behind which is in a similar mould to another striker that we paid a team to get off our book in the last window. If he wasn’t able to succeed under Teta ball then I don’t see how Werner would be able to do so.
Salah is the most technically gifted forward in Liverpool and then Mane and both start. You arguing werner is good enough for Liverpool, but Arteta would hurt his feelings and he would lose confidence. Liverpool probably is the best club team in the world and a player who would lose confidence under Arteta would be good enough for them?

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
He wouldn't be perfect. His touch and his shooting simply are not goof enough. Ball over the top and he handballs it ffs.
He's not the finished article, and will always have these loose touches, but look at everything else, he's a handful. Pace, strength, skill, movement, supermodel legs to knick the ball before the defender, a threat in the air. He has a bit of everything.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He's not the finished article, and will always have these loose touches, but look at everything else, he's a handful. Pace, strength, skill, movement, supermodel legs to knick the ball before the defender, a threat in the air. He has a bit of everything.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Salah is the most technically gifted forward in Liverpool and then Mane and both start. You arguing werner is good enough for Liverpool, but Arteta would hurt his feelings and he would lose confidence. Liverpool probably is the best club team in the world and a player who would lose confidence under Arteta would be good enough for them?

Define technique because I’m confused as to how you think Salah and Mane are better technically than Firmino. I think because they’re a lot better in many other aspects is why you’re probably swaying towards them. I’m sure a lot of Liverpool fans who watch them regularly would probably put him over those two in terms of technical ability.

I think you missed the point judging by your response that you think I’m implying that Werner should be playing for them. All I said was Werner would look a different player in Liverpool’s system and under a manager like Klopp who would build his confidence and not throw him out to the wolves like Arteta and other managers are known to do. He’s a confidence player and ticks a lot of boxes that Klopp looks for in his players, I don’t see anything wrong in suggesting that.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Define technique because I’m confused as to how you think Salah and Mane are better technically than Firmino. I think because they’re a lot better in many other aspects is why you’re probably swaying towards them. I’m sure a lot of Liverpool fans who watch them regularly would probably put him over those two in terms of technical ability.

I think you missed the point judging by your response that you think I’m implying that Werner should be playing for them. All I said was Werner would look a different player in Liverpool’s system and under a manager like Klopp who would build his confidence and not throw him out to the wolves like Arteta and other managers are known to do. He’s a confidence player and ticks a lot of boxes that Klopp looks for in his players, I don’t see anything wrong in suggesting that.
Klopp is more ruthless than Arteta. Just because he doesn’t talk rubbish like Arteta doesn’t mean he isn’t. The squad Klopp took over in Liverpool in 2 years he got rid of most of the players, certainly more than Arteta did. So no I don’t think Klopp would accept the chances he misses and his poor play. Werner don’t really like confidence as he never hides during games. He is just technically poor

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Klopp is more ruthless than Arteta. Just because he doesn’t talk rubbish like Arteta doesn’t mean he isn’t. The squad Klopp took over in Liverpool in 2 years he got rid of most of the players, certainly more than Arteta did. So no I don’t think Klopp would accept the chances he misses and his poor play. Werner don’t really like confidence as he never hides during games. He is just technically poor
Have you not watched Jota or Salah? They miss a ton of chances. Difference is, they get a ton to put away.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

By that same flawed logic then Auba hides in games too, right? A striker not getting the ball, playing in a system that suits his strengths or at the wrong club/manager = hiding in games. With that sort of thinking, I worry for whatever attacker that joins us next season as they’ll be in for a rough time.

If you had a look at that Twitter thread that I posted then you’ll fully understand what the issue is here with Werner and many other strikers at Chelsea. I posed a question to you earlier that you failed to answer, what was the last Chelsea striker that succeeded in their low block system? I’ll help you if you’re struggling, it was Diego Costa which was 5-6 years ago and in that period they’ve been through Morata, Batshuayi, Higuain, Lukaku and Werner who failed to impress, that’s not even accounting for the likes of Tammy and Bamford who are flourishing at other teams but were deemed “not good enough” for Chelsea. Some of my friends who support them even rue losing Tammy Abraham but he was clearly never going to make it there as that’s the nature of the beast of playing at that club. Tammy is thriving in the Roma team with 25 goals in all competitions this season and Bamford before his injury scored 17 goals in the PL last season - both look completely different players by not being held back in that stale system.

A player that scores 34 goals in 45 games in his final season at Leipzig doesn’t automatically become washed overnight. Saying that, I don’t think he’ll do those numbers at another club but he’ll be useful in a system that utilises his strengths, the same goes for Pepe imo.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

By that same flawed logic then Auba hides in games too, right? A striker not getting the ball, playing in a system that suits his strengths or at the wrong club/manager = hiding in games. With that sort of thinking, I worry for whatever attacker that joins us next season as they’ll be in for a rough time.

If you had a look at that Twitter thread that I posted then you’ll fully understand what the issue is here with Werner and many other strikers at Chelsea. I posed a question to you earlier that you failed to answer, what was the last Chelsea striker that succeeded in their low block system? I’ll help you if you’re struggling, it was Diego Costa which was 5-6 years ago and in that period they’ve been through Morata, Batshuayi, Higuain, Lukaku and Werner who failed to impress, that’s not even accounting for the likes of Tammy and Bamford who are flourishing at other teams but were deemed “not good enough” for Chelsea. Some of my friends who support them even rue losing Tammy Abraham but he was clearly never going to make it there as that’s the nature of the beast of playing at that club. Tammy is thriving in that Roma team with 25 goals in all competitions this season and Bamford before his injury scored 17 goals in the PL last season - both look completely different players by not being held back in that stale system.

A player that scores 34 goals in 45 games in his final season at Leipzig doesn’t automatically become washed overnight. Saying that, I don’t think he’ll do those numbers at another club but he’ll be useful in a system that utilises his strengths, the same goes for Pepe imo.
Bundesliga tax exist. Rangers just showed how good bundesliga is outside of Bayern. We have had so many players looking like stars in bundesliga come to the PL and look average like sancho. Even Haverrz ain’t good enough to lead the line for a title challenging team imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom