<

Emi Martinez: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevi, Aug 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Even if he's decent he won't be able to single handedly save us like Leno did. Leno was performing miracles and even then made the odd mistake himself. Emi will be well well short of what Leno was able to do which means we could be in an even worse state than we have been unless by some miracle we improve defensively.

2. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Its just for 8 more games in summer we'll definitely buy gk

3. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

Final goal was poor defending from Holding I think letting Maupay run off him but Emi invited the chip by going to ground way too early.

If he stands tall a bit longer he’d have cut the angle right down.

4. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Hopefully he can show the form he had while on loan.. A good run might fool someone to overpay for him in the summer.

5. Malky

Malky Established Member

Martinez is crap, might have the odd good game, but the bottom line is he's crap. We're in for a very rough end to the season.

Gooner416 likes this.
  6. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Think he will be a surprise when he gets a run of games! He is better than Leno IMO but needs more than one game here and there to show it!

7. Aussie_gunner123

Aussie_gunner123 Well-Known Member

This bloke is so much better then people give him credit for, has every right to be our 2nd keeper, on his chances in cup games he has put in so many strong saves, important ones aswell. Look at his save he made in the first 5 minutes on Mooys.

8. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

:lol: :D

9. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

@American_Gooner

Man backing Maupay just cause he finally gets to play now...scumbag :lol:

Trilly, Ash10, Oxeki and 4 others like this.
  10. yousif_arsenal

Very good Goal keeping performance didn't have much to do but important save against long and very good in air too

Camron likes this.
  11. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

Very calm and cool as ice

12. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

Ederson would've been proud with some of his pings tonight.

13. GeorgiaGunner

GeorgiaGunner Closet United Fan

And that double-save at 0-1 :cool:

Gooner416 and lomekian like this.
  14. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

Its the best part of his game imo and he really showed it at Reading last year.

I think with him it’s all mental, my theory is that he’s better when he’s assured of his place.

Last year at Reading he was absolutely unreal and now he’s going to be starting our remaining games he seemed noticeably better today.

Not sure where I stand because I believe talent wise he’s genuinely top class and thought he’d kick on and challenge Leno this year but in all his opportunities until today he’s been terrible.

A good run in and I wouldn’t be adverse to flipping him for a good price, there’s a top keeper in there somewhere but he’ll be 28 next summer and I doubt he’ll ever realistically challenge Leno.

15. yousif_arsenal

I think the worst position to be backup is goal keeper because you'll only get handful of games in season and these handful of games could be 1 game every month it's difficult to stay competitive.

Elite Smarts and Rex Banter like this.
  16. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Crazy that he's 27.

17. yousif_arsenal

Yes i always saying he wasting his career here because he can definitely be starter for another club

18. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

Guess it is soon his testimonial?

Tourbillion and Hleb's Sirush like this.
  19. Hleb's Sirush

Hleb's Sirush Well-Known Member

I know not everyone means it that way, but I swear any time a player's age is mentioned and it turns out he is older than 25, you could almost hear the collective gasps of shock in the thread.

20. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

@American_Gooner

Being honest with me mate...when Emi pinged that beautiful ball out to Auba, but Pierre's cross was blocked denying Emi a highlight reel, replay worthy pre assist...did you breathe a sign of relief? :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.