• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith-Rowe (Out: Pure Profit)

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
To be fair to ESR it would make sense for him to long this out over the summer, he may as well wait and see who the club brings in because if its someone in his position he may want to leave or run it down.

The other thing is and has been seen before is the longer you run down the contract, the more leverage you have, the club wont want to let him leave on a free and even if they did he would then pick up a new and high paying contract elsewhere.

Yeah its not a good look from a 'loyalty' perspective but he and his 'team' appear to be playing this correct.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
They've probably got a rough idea of what some of the others are on at the club and thought there's no reason he shouldn't be getting some of those figures. Coupled with the talk of decent money being spent on another AM and it's only natural they'd have look at what's out there.

We just need to pull our fingers out and give him what he deserves. One of the of the top 2 or 3 most important players at the club already. He's only going to get better as well.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If the problem is the guaranteed starter spot, specifically as the clubs number 10, then would you rather keep ESR, sign a backup to him or sell him?

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If we sell ESR to Villa, there should be protests on our very first home match. No signing of any magnitude would cover any such decision to sell one of our most coveted youngsters
Not only would it be a disaster from a sporting perspective, but short of selling Saka, I couldn't imagine a more unpopular sale by the club. The owners would be making their own noose with such a proposition.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Make no mistake Grealish will be sold and Villa are absolutely spending the money before that deal happens.

The irony of us turning down 30m for a non capped, couple of months of good form, 2 goals midfielder and saying with a straight face Maddison with goals, assists and caps is over priced at 70m.

If Villa offer us 45m take it and go buy Maddison and Ødegaard.

I am being somewhat flippant but at some point if they do offer enough you seriously have to consider it.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Make no mistake Grealish will be sold and Villa are absolutely spending the money before that deal happens.

The irony of us turning down 30m for a non capped, couple of months of good form, 2 goals midfielder and saying with a straight face Maddison with goals, assists and caps is over priced at 70m.

If Villa offer us 45m take it and go buy Maddison and Ødegaard.

I am being somewhat flippant but at some point if they do offer enough you seriously have to consider it.

You make a very good point, how good is ESR? Will he lead us to top 4 next season?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Who's saying Maddison is overpriced and what's the connection to ESR?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
All this talk about Villa.

Will be hilarious when they do sell Grealish this summer, then get relegated next season.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
people forget Saka & ESR are this big already breaking through mainly behind closed doors!

you cant sell either before even letting the Emirates fans see them star in the team :facepalm:

**** any replacement... they will be booed :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
What sort of logic is that? Villa don’t need to sell because they have the 3rd richest owners but we’re desperate for cash and our owner is just as wealthy as theirs. Dumb ****.
Luis work with Benge so i'm not surprised with these sort of opinions.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Who's saying Maddison is overpriced and what's the connection to ESR?
Read half the threads re Maddison and White. The general comments are English players are over priced and there are better options overseas for less money. Esr may have a very high ceiling but he has played 20 games (or there abouts) he was inconsistent during that period and we are turning down 30m bids for him with the general consensus being such a bad is low ball and laughable. For those that hold the view Maddison/White are over priced and believe this bid is low represent double think at its finest.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom