• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith-Rowe (Out: Pure Profit)

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Mind telling those of under 50 who that is?
Australian defender who played for Leeds in their title winning team in 1991. We had a pretty fraught relationship with that side, not helped by David O'Leary being a right **** managing them.

I guess that rivalry diminished with Leeds running their club financially in the ground, and the Man Utd rivalry eclipsing it.

Leeds were a loathsome team

Reactions: A_G

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
When’s the last time this guy scored a goal?

Arteta is in the firing line at the moment, and rightfully so, but he’s kept this guy around long enough now for him to start showing something. Even when he comes on as a sub he shows nothing.

Malky

Established Member
He’s not as good as this fanbase thinks he is, if he was signed from another club he’d be getting the same criticism Havertz and Vieira get.
It would be great to see him become a success here, but I doubt that happens when he’s like 3rd in line for every position! Arteta would also run Ødegaard into the ground before ESR gets a chance in the 10.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He’s not as good as this fanbase thinks he is, if he was signed from another club he’d be getting the same criticism Havertz and Vieira get.
It would be great to see him become a success here, but I doubt that happens when he’s like 3rd in line for every position! Arteta would also run Ødegaard into the ground before ESR gets a chance in the 10.
Havertz didn't go through injury hell like ESR, he is a limited player who reached his peak. With ESR you have someone who never reached it and some managers might bet some money on him with the hope that he will get fit and return the investment plus some extra. I was never too happy criticizing players like Diaby, Wilshere, Ramsey, or ESR, they were unlucky

I agree he is done with Arsenal, don't think we are in a position to take any risks like him. We need reliable squad players which most of them are not and that's why we run players like Ode, Rice, and Saka into the ground

Impact

Established Member
Arteta ruins another young talent. He should go to Villa, watch if he plays for them he will kill it.

Probably. And that's OK. When you are aiming to win titles, the standards are ever increasing. It means more and more that the players not good enough for you will still be very good footballers. City have sold Palmer, Lavia, Porro, Brahim, Sancho etc (for various reasons) in recent seasons. All good players capable of playing for top teams. Has it impacted them? No, because the funds generated were reinvested in players better able to contribute to the team's success.

I like Smith Rowe. I think there could still be a pathway for him but if at the end of the season, it's been more of the same, cashing in for c. £30m would be sensible business.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Probably. And that's OK. When you are aiming to win titles, the standards are ever increasing. It means more and more that the players not good enough for you will still be very good footballers. City have sold Palmer, Lavia, Porro, Brahim, Sancho etc (for various reasons) in recent seasons. All good players capable of playing for top teams. Has it impacted them? No, because the funds generated were reinvested in players better able to contribute to the team's success.

I like Smith Rowe. I think there could still be a pathway for him but if at the end of the season, it's been more of the same, cashing in for c. £30m would be sensible business.

It isn’t ok. It is ok when he gives Holding, kai, and Viera a chance but not ESR who is better than any of them. Mik lowers the talent of the team by favoring cr.p players he likes despite performance and throws away good players without giving them the same chance he gives to players who hurt us. ESR wouldn’t give you more productivity than havertz ? Than Viera? Mik can not rate players, and he throws away better players than the ones he keeps playing.

This isn’t Mik raising our standards it is Mik singlehandedly lowering our standards

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
It isn’t ok. It is ok when he gives Holding, kai, and Viera a chance but not ESR who is better than any of them. Mik lowers the talent of the team by favoring cr.p players he likes despite performance and throws away good players without giving them the same chance he gives to players who hurt us. ESR wouldn’t give you more productivity than havertz ? Than Viera? Mik can not rate players, and he throws away better players than the ones he keeps playing.

This isn’t Mik raising our standards it is Mik singlehandedly lowering our standards
I'm not his biggest fan but he did play ESR, it wasn't his fault ESR is injured all the time and looks unfit when available.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

fine, so you are suggesting he should play a guy who is always injured instead?

He is not "always injured". He was available for 23 Premier League games last season and has been available for 14 Premier League games this season. And yes, an injured player would do better than the rent boy reject.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom