English Football 2017/18

Discussion in 'Football Talk' started by redanddread, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Kingslayer

Kingslayer Prince of Twitter Rumours

Explain yourself @SiMamu.
  2. <<reed>>

3. To be fair, ours is more a nod to our old style crest, and I am glad to see it back.
  4. GeorgiaGunner

GeorgiaGunner Closet United Fan

New one is much classier.
  5. krengon

krengon Well-Known Member Trusted

haha they got roasted so bad they are going to change it :lol:
    American_Gooner likes this.
  6. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

Didn't know Benito Mussolini was active as a designer, at least it seems he has been the consultant. Very befitting...
    BobP likes this.
  7. BobP

BobP Favre Fan

Another throwback.

Roy's Fulham were a joy to watch.
  8. MaraDon

MaraDon Don't Cry For Me Argentina

he was quality.
    BobP likes this.
  9. SiMamu

SiMamu Part time Leeds fan

Iconic badge imo. Won’t accept the slander.
  10. Artisan

Artisan Well-Known Member

The thought of Swansea and Soton going down is what dreams are made of. Could be an easy extra 6 points a season without our obligatory dropped points to them.

Surprised Soton haven't axed Pellegrino tbh, all their fans online seem to **** on the guy whenever the topic of him comes up.
    BobP and GeorgiaGunner like this.
  11. Juan Matas Beard

Juan Matas Beard Friendly Mancunian facial hair

Not when Wolves come up, they look like one of the best Championship sides I've ever seen.
    GeorgiaGunner likes this.
  12. Aevius

Aevius Pro-Rambo Moderator

They did lose to Swansea in the FA Cup tbf. They'll need to invest some of their money in the summer if they want to really threaten.
  13. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Well-Known Member

On a completely unrelated note: what's up with Mata's Common Goal initiative? It's such a good idea, I'd have thought more players would have signed up by now. I mean personally i'm disappointed that an Arsenal player hasn't signed up, but not even a bloody Utd player has??
    GeorgiaGunner likes this.
  14. Aevius

Aevius Pro-Rambo Moderator

They may have another Ligue 2 gem on their hands...
  15. Juan Matas Beard

Juan Matas Beard Friendly Mancunian facial hair

There are footballers that do their own kind of charity, like Özil who frequently gives money to charity (Islamic Zakat), Matić paid for an entire village in Serbia. One might even argue doing it for the sake of your best mate isn't the right motive to be involved in this specific charity.

I do hope Common Goal expands but just because some haven't signed up to it doesn't mean they are against charity, they might have their own ways/beliefs to contribute.
    GeorgiaGunner and Aevius like this.
  16. carlito'sway

carlito'sway Well-Known Member

17. BobP

BobP Favre Fan

I agree with that second paragraph.

Ridiculous decision to sack Puel after losing you're entire spine in the summer. Here's a manager who has a proven record of making the most of what he's got as well as giving young prospects an opportunity in the 1st team.
  18. GeorgiaGunner

Love the Burnley story. Very solid side.
  19. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

Dive by Sanchez. Not sure Huddersfield can hold out for long, not looking good this.
  20. GeorgiaGunner

He just got fouled and then smacked his head on the way down, no call. Football gods dishing very quick retributive karma, I guess.