• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Europa League Semi Final Draw: Arsenal v Atletico Madrid

Who do you want to draw?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Sportsmail understands Arsenal's shell-shocked players reacted to Wenger's news by making a pact together to send him out in a blaze of glory by winning the Europa League.

Your turn players, I expect to see 200% effort on the pitch. Bleed for victory.
Sadly, we get no luck. I’m expecting a fired up team getting a red card in the 3rd minute.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Wonder how the players will cope under this sort of pressure. The build up to the game is even bigger now. Can already see us starting super nervous

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Not a fan of conspiracy theory.

But one would think for the sake of tv ratings, it’s in UEFA’s interest to have Wenger in the final. Proper tv drama.

Red card to Atletico player in first half. :)
that would be sooooo cosmic justice stuff. for all the crappy decisions and injuries he's had to put up with.

Imagine Griezmann and Oblak catching a cold the day before and not making squad :lol:

KROENKE SUCKS

Despite the clubs attempts to spin the narrative, it seems to me Wenger's supposed decision to leave being surreptitiously announced by the club couldn't have come at a worse time. We've got a Uefa Cup semi against Atletico and some of these players have just signed a long-term contract expecting Wenger to stay as the manager. Wonder how Özil, PEA, Ramsey et al feel about this. Despite Gazidis spin this can't be a good thing.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
or it could be that Özil signed BECAUSE he knew/was led to believe that Wenger was off soon (ish).

PEA, you could argue that Sven, Mikhi, prospect of delicious Özil passes, London, EPL, 66m or the shiny contract played as much a role as assurances about Wenger's future.

Ramsey should be grateful to AFC as well as Wenger for the career he's had, and all the **** that the fans put up with for him to reach this level.

VancouverCanuck

Despite the clubs attempts to spin the narrative, it seems to me Wenger's supposed decision to leave being surreptitiously announced by the club couldn't have come at a worse time. We've got a Uefa Cup semi against Atletico and some of these players have just signed a long-term contract expecting Wenger to stay as the manager. Wonder how Özil, PEA, Ramsey et al feel about this. Despite Gazidis spin this can't be a good thing.
It will be tough, no question. But I am sure the incoming millions in their bank accounts will soften the blow somewhat.

Gunners4life

Definitely Not RonaldoMadness
I always dreamed Wenger would go out on a high securing us the treble.

I never thought it would end like this with fans protesting against Wenger staying. He turned down the world for Arsenal.

I would have given him one more season in UCL personally and I still would.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Sportsmail understands Arsenal's shell-shocked players reacted to Wenger's news by making a pact together to send him out in a blaze of glory by winning the Europa League.

Your turn players, I expect to see 200% effort on the pitch. Bleed for victory.

Aren't we paying them for that already?

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom