• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bergholt

Kroenke sucks and of course he's a money-grubber but I bet he's also super confused.

From an American sensibilities point of view, this was an absolute slam dunk. He's permanently guaranteeing Arsenal is locked in as one of the biggest 12 clubs in the world, guaranteeing that Barcelona and Juventus will be playing at the Emirates every other week while also making bags of money, some of which will be used to bring in better players ... and the fans hate it? What?

If you understand the fan culture so poorly, it's easy to see why they probably didn't even consider the notion that it would be hated, or why.

BUT THE SPREADSHEET SAYS IT WORKS

HomeSteak

Established Member
DZxj9sfW0AAUYga.jpg

Vicki

Emotionally drained on feelings for me once beloved club. How do i find my way back knowing that they backtracked only because of severe backlash? Is there a way back?
There should have been no way back after Kroenke ( and Usmanov ) were 'allowed' into this once noble Club, but there was still a glimmer of hope that they were going to do something 'positive', so I can understand fans not wanting to cut all ties immediately.

Anyone who supports Kroenke's Arsenal in any way, shape or form NOW is a wrong 'un, imo

teamsoutheast

What an absolute farce! They backed down so quickly. What was the point then.... Is there more to this. Why did Agnelli and Woodward resign? Will others follow suit?

Pyres7

It's quite funny how they've been carefully planning this for 2 years... only for it to fall apart 2 days after announcing it :lol:

Vicki

Now that's a homerun, touch down, basket dunk, and a goal wrapped in a glorious bow of humiliation for the slimey SIX!

WE WIN! FOOTBALL WINS!
No, we've all lost

We've lost and football has lost

How can the PL ever function again with the top 6 back as if nothing had ever happened?

Same with the European teams in the CL/EL?

I really hope that all the teams are docked points and relegated from their Leagues.

AFC and the others to start in the Championship ( or lower ) next season, same in Spain and Italy

Will it happen?

Well, maybe in Italy. They relegated Juve before

Reactions: roz

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
When real talk of ownership reform and the general state of money in football gets brought up these 6 PL clubs tuck tail and back down. They're scared of genuine reform and they think they can just slink back and things go back to normal. It can't be allowed to happen.

I feel this is a pivotal moment in modern football history. Fans are united in disgust, people in actual positions of power like the Government are talking about reform. We can't let this opportunity slip through our fingers.

These Super League folding isn't the victory. Root and branch reform of football in the wake of this situation would be though.

Nothing short of a 50+1 ownership model is good enough for me. Give the clubs back to the fans.

Vicki

Bit sad this seems to not go through with at least a few of the bellend clubs. Honestly think it could've been beneficial to the rest of the footie world if those joining ESL would've been removed from national and UEFA competitions.
Most ( all ) of the Clubs involved in this are what's wrong with football today.

If they all ceased to exist there would be a few tears Monday morning, and by Wednesday we'd have all realised that there are local Clubs that need our support

**** Citeh, Real, Chavski and **** Kroenke's Arse...nal

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
No, we've all lost

We've lost and football has lost

How can the PL ever function again with the top 6 back as if nothing had ever happened?

Same with the European teams in the CL/EL?

I really hope that all the teams are docked points and relegated from their Leagues.

AFC and the others to start in the Championship ( or lower ) next season, same in Spain and Italy

Will it happen?

Well, maybe in Italy. They relegated Juve before

Weird take.
You force the owners out from those clubs with governmental measures and fan pressure if you can and you caught 100% of what's related.

What you propose is to make the players, coaches, staff and fans suffer instead which are 100% unrelated to the matter.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Look Arsenal have been moving mad for awhile, regularly getting embarrassed in Europe by teams like Bayern. Currently we're struggling to even reach the top 6 positions. It's not good and it makes me sick seeing this inconsistent mediocrity. However, other teams also struggled just as much if not more than we are.
Liverpool for instance, went through some bad periods during the late 2000s and early 2010s. They didn't win a trophy for six years, yet you always felt their fans were united through these years because of a collective awareness towards their club values.

The first step is to remind yourself why you support this Arsenal; our core values, traditions and history. Once you do this and truly believe you must unite with fellow Arsenal fans, build a good positive prideful vibe towards the club.

Debate and criticism is everywhere nowadays and can't be avoided. Obviously we welcome this, but blatant disrespect or Arsenal fans on social media platforms who continually do not reflect the club's values must be called out and condemned. Even yesterday I had to call out and argue with that guy Turkish from AFTV because he was silently sat there on a podcast allowing fans from rival club's to disrespect us as if we are some small club.

Such ignorance is completely at odds with what Chapman, Wenger and Arsenal stand for. It's turning a blind eye to this sort of thing that has kept Arsenal fans in a low state of vibration which the English media who have a direct agenda against us, take advantage of.

So the main thing is to remind ourselves as much as possible why you support this club and the values.
What are our values and traditions? We've been lost/dead for over a decade.

I've been a fan since 1998/99 but I can't even tell you what they are.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
It makes me sick to have witnessed the outrage around the ESL and the fact that it has been canceled after less than 48h. People backing the UEFA and FIFA like they were some kind of small players and are angels even though they're among the most corrupted organization in sport.
It makes me sick to see the likes of Guardiola saying this isn't sport anymore if effort isn't rewarded, when the same guy spends 200M every summer in order to win. He's one of the guys who ****ed the market. He's one of the guys who's killing competition year after year. He's the guy who buys £60M players only to have them on the bench when these same guys would be starters in any other team in the league.
Or Ander Herrera who said rich people are stealing Poor's people sport, whereas the guy plays for ****ing PSG. Psg did exactly steal from the "Poors" as he said. His owners are using slaves to build stadiums.
You don't have the right to speak up when you're an actor of the same system who wants to build the super League.

Where was all this outrage when billionaires started buying clubs and killing all merit and competition? Killing all the market ?
Hell where is the outrage around 2022 world cup?

People are genuinely happy of the situation because the ESL is dead, for now... At the same time UEFA announced they gonna raise massively the money earned from European cups... Which will profit to the same clubs who wanted to build their superleague.
So basically, the gap between super big clubs and smaller clubs is only to get bigger, like it was supposed to happen with this ESL.
Where is the win here?

Vicki

It was honest little there nothing wrong with it.
Yeah, a 'sorry' always works

My Missus came home from a week-end away with the girls on Monday morning.
She seemed a bit upset.

I sat her down and asked her what was wrong.
She said the bukkake party that they attended had got out of hand.
There were strict guidelines, and it was understood that there would be a 10 - 1 ratio of men to women.
Sadly that was a miss-print and it turned out to be 100 men to 1 woman.

I kissed her gently on the lips
"would you like a cup of tea love?"
"yes please, darling. Make it 3 sugars this time"

I trundled off to the kitchen, safe in the knowledge that she had learned her lesson and that our relationship would only get stronger

I love her so much <3

Latest posts+

Top Bottom