• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Melquiades

The point of the tweet, in every other situation when the owners make bad decisions the team get punished, why is this different? In all cases it is never the fans fault, nor the players, so why is this instance different?
The owners broke the rules of teh FA, therefor the club should be punished.

Nobody 'punished' Aston Villa - they just had crap ownership that ran the team into the ground.

Rangers went bankrupt and literally ceased to exist as a business.

Obviously terrible ownership can cause a team to go bankrupt or be demoted multiple times. But that's not really the same thing as an owner of a perfectly healthy team looking to start an alternative to the Champions League. One is a case where the actions of the owner destroyed the team and the 'punishment' from the league was not stepping in to artificially save them. The other is a case where an owner broke the role and people ARE asking the league to step in and intervene.

It's also not the same thing as a team like Sheffield Wednesday essentially cheating on the pitch by lying to be able to violate spending rules.

This is a weird thing and there isn't really a historical parallel.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

"All the kool kidz will say my toy is better than your toy"

...this is basically what it's got to now :lol:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Florentino is a grifter just like Trump and Bolsonaro. The worst kind.

He actually believes in the stuff that's coming out of his mouth.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
What about we meet in the middle for everyone, make Perez president of UEFA...UEFA is still on top and Perez runs the show the way he wants, win-win?

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

On a more serious note, like, maybe just don't sign them? You are literally creating the problem you're trying to solve.
Exactly ... The idiots doesn't realize they are only going to inflate the market even more... Injecting more money is not the solution... They need to stop spending so much. And stop teams playing unfair, no debts and no money from outside the club.

Iceman10

Established Member
Exactly ... The idiots doesn't realize they are only going to inflate the market even more... Injecting more money is not the solution... They need to stop spending so much. And stop teams playing unfair, no debts and no money from outside the club.
They should be selling Ødegaard and not buying Haaland....

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I was neutral about the Super League. There were some aspects I was in favour for and others I was against but the whole populist rhetoric that the "fans got their football back" is what really annoys me. I felt like I was in a time machine and travelled right in the middle of the Brexit era. A whole lot of misinformation, lies, trivalisation, tribalism and a sprinkle of stupidity and you basically get what you got 2 days ago. No different from when MPs said "Britain got their country back" and yet here we are more miserable than ever. Sky and Gary Neville are the saviours against those greedy billionaires but my Sky package hasn't seen a discount. Nor has my BT deal. If I post a two minute video of a player comp I'm getting banned off Twitter indefintely but a person can call me the N-word on Twitter and come back in a week's time. So have I really got my football back?

RunTheTrap

Unfortunately for them. Madrid's whole marketing strategy depends on "Galatico signings". There's an expectation from fans and neutrals that the biggest names in football will play in the white of Madrid, especially now Ronaldo is gone. Even if they're not winning all the trophies, having Mbappe or Halaand makes you very watchable and marketable.

RunTheTrap

One thing I'll say is that Covid really did a number on us. For all my life, football lived a chasm where it was both real and fiction. It existed in its own bubble where fans could escape to from the mundane and have little real life consequences. Its funny. My friend is an Utd fan and unfortunately lost his job due to the pandemic. He's fully aware how things have changed in nearly every industry and yet he and like many other Utd fans expect Sancho to join the club in the summer for over a £100 million. Like I said. For some people, football exists in a bubble.
Even during a recession football clubs still spent like it was nothing but due to Covid those consequences have blurred the lines between reality and football. Perez basically begging for more money on live t.v. is something I thought I'd never see.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil
Top Bottom