Ex-Gunner Watch

Discussion in 'Football Talk' started by Bossa, Sep 10, 2010.

1. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

No words needed.

2. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Agenda Merchant

Got to hand it to Wenger. While the ****house Gazidis wanted to sell Sanchez in the summer to City, Wenger had plan all along selling him in January to United on 500k per week.

Now United have no funds for new players!

krackpot and SuperGoon like this.
  3. SuperGoon

SuperGoon Debbie Downer

Under-rated post.

BobP likes this.
  4. Camron

Camron Well-Known Member

Someone hire this guy to make Jenkinson disappear.

celestis and Raicore like this.
  5. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Some of them weren’t even close :lol:

SomGooner likes this.
  6. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

Don't think it is that funny.

Saw this on reddit and many are writing about dyslexic or has a reading disability.

Because most of them aren't even close and he isn't even tryiing to pronounce them correctly.

SomGooner likes this.
  7. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

8. American_Gooner

But he pronounces names wrong even when he’s watching the matches

SomGooner likes this.
  9. krackpot

Gilberto Silva on Coq, Song and Flamini:

He said: ”I remember hearing a comparison with Coquelin when he was playing but when I started to see him I could see there was something missing in his game to be a holding midfielder and sacrifice himself for the team," he added.

"You cannot blame the player for this but but need to find a player who can play there.

"The role is to play simple. I couldn't do the same as Henry, Ronaldo and the like and you have to know this to play there."

When asked what players he believed were closest to really to making their mark at Arsenal in the holding midfield role, Silva added: "I thought Alex Song could have been the one to do this role but he went to West Ham and Barcelona.

"Flamini in my last season he did a great job which is why I didn't play which was very frustrating for me.

"I think those two are the best."

Quite damning about Coq.

American_Gooner likes this.
  10. BobP

BobP Favre Fan

Humble as always.

He was, for a time, an elite midfielder.

You don't get selected in 3 consecutive WC squads for Brazil.

Mrs Bergkamp and krackpot like this.
  11. krackpot

really.

One on hand, you might think football has changed and this guy is just an old coot.

But one the other hand, he just wants the players to know their role, and stick to it. Don't really need fancy moves. Like Robben who will cut inside and shoot all day until he scores.

BobP likes this.
  12. krackpot

Gervinho playing for Parma, and scored against Juventus.

He is a wonderful player, whatever the majority of Arsenal supporters think.

13. boonthegoon

boonthegoon Active Member

Fabianski has improved massively

14. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast Well-Known Member

15. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Well-Known Member

Oh dear, that doesn't reflect well on him or us.

16. Kobi

Kobi I Know Who You Are

Even if you overlook how mind-bogglingly stupid he is for a minute how on earth can you have a guy relaying/describing matches in which he doesn't know any players.

17. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Personally I love this, reflects really well on the club..

This does not reflect well on the UK doctors treating him first however. City sends all their injured players to Barcelona it seems, maybe we need to do a better job getting the best medical treatment for the players too even if it's abroad.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  18. American_Gooner

Hopefully people who blame Wenger for playing him against Ludogorets realise that sadly it was a case of when and not if for him getting that injury. Frankly if I was him I'd look into taking legal action against those doctors, surely this comes under medical malpractice.

19. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Definitely, but it seems like he feels it isn't worth the hassle.. If they hadn't screwed up he wouldn't have been out long, instead he ends up missing 2 years of football.. I would have sued.

I'm baffled at how the doctors in UK basically said he should just give up on playing and concentrate on being able to walk normally again, while the doctors in Spain said differently straight away and now have him back playing professionally. The difference between just being able to live a normal life and being able to compete at the highest level is so big that it has to be incompetence.

How do Arsenal choose the doctors/surgeons? Didn't we screw up with Wilshere too, inserting a pin or something in his ankle instead of letting it heal naturally?

20. American_Gooner

Yep, they had to remove the pins afterwards in a new operation because they were irritating him.

The Isaac Hayden stuff from a while back is genuinely shocking to see
    (for those who haven't seen):
    Is it naive to think that a club with the resources that Arsenal have should be doing better than this?

krengon likes this.