Ex-Gunner Watch

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Bossa, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

Emmanuel Frimpong has had to hang up his boots at the age of 27, following a persistent knee injury which has not cleared up.

2. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

3. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

So many good ones :lol:

Jack Wilshere
    My best friend, alongside [Grzegorz] Krychowiak. At my wedding he got so drunk, we were looking for him everywhere for two hours and found him sleeping in bushes. He had one injury that he never really fixed and it’s caused the next and the next. He’s one of the greatest talents, I ever met. Because of injuries he now plays in West Ham rather than a big European club.

Nicklas Bendtner
    One of the most intelligent guys I played with. You see Nick, well-organised, neat, in-form and it seems everything is going great for him. The next day you open a newspaper and read – “Drunk Bendtner driving wrong way” and you are like, what the ****? I don’t know, he’s a guy with two personalities. The most confident guy I played with.

Gervinho
    Who thought he would be in the top 40 I played with?! Add one more 0.

Olivier Giroud
    The most handsome player I played with, and he knows it. He loves himself, even more than [Grzegorz] Krychowiak. You know, little beard comb, oils for chest. Great guy and a very underrated player.

Andrey Arshavin
    Hilarious guy, he has the funniest laugh ever. The season he joined us, we played lots of small games in training and we were like, “wow, we are going to win the league”. We didn’t.

4. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

Loved all of that. Some really spot on observations. Sounds like he's not a big fan of Van Persie. I had to laugh at him saying that Bendtner was the most confident guy he played with. That's so true. He would massively underachieve, yet he always came across as though he was convinced in his own mind that he the greatest player ever to step onto a pitch. :lol:

5. GDeep™

GDeep™ Unbannable

Interesting what he said about Bendtner, two personalities.

SomGooner and Mark Tobias like this.
  6. KrissKringle

KrissKringle Well-Known Member

I laughed out loud when I read that bit about Jack getting piss drunk and falling asleep in the bushes. Such a Jack thing to do. :rofl:

7. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

Him ducking when podolski took a shot

8. albakos

albakos Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you" Administrator

Interesting how Chesney didn't mention Fabregas at all, the greasy little snake

9. balthazar

balthazar Active Member

corrected.

Alexandr Hleb
    He could have achieved more in football. He still made a great career but he liked icecream.

SomGooner likes this.
  10. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

11. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

12. al-Ustaadh

Wouldn't mind Sessegnon.

SomGooner likes this.
  13. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

14. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Stephy Mavididi made his debut for Juventus today, replacing Moise Kean. Huge for him and huge for Hale End too. He's one of our more underrated prospects and I hope he is successful at Juve.

Josh DaSilva also made his full debut for Brentford recently and had a good game.

NieThePiet, m-due, SomGooner and 6 others like this.
  15. al-Ustaadh

Pisses me off more than anything.

16. GDeep™

GDeep™ Unbannable

He was the one on loan at Charlton? Picked up a couple of serious injuries?

17. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

What's done is done IMO. With Nketiah, John-Jules and Balogun we aren't hurting for CF prospects.

SomGooner and SingmeasongSong like this.
  18. Aevi

Aevi plz no more 343 Moderator

That's Mavididi, yes.

19. lamby22

lamby22 Well-Known Member

One of my favourite Arsenal players.

SomGooner, Jury, zhaggy and 1 other person like this.
  20. lamby22

lamby22 Well-Known Member