• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fabio Vieira: The Portuguese Project

Tell.

Reading this forum after a tough game for an individual is disappointing sometimes.

It’s a catch 22 because it’s either buy these players now and go through matches and reactions like these, or let them go to Brighton and play 100m for them.

I don't really blame any of our squad players for bad performances. Arteta leaves them in the cold for 10+ games, what do we expect.

benjamin86

Established Member
Guys, stop comparing Vieira to Ødegaard........... Ødegaard deserves far more respect than that. He had issues in his early Arsenal career but even when he was playing poorly no one could question his elite football intelligence and decision making.

The player Vieira should be compared to is Pepe cause the same lack of football IQ and ability to make good decisions is blatant. We already know when we signed him that Vieira will struggle physically for a player of his size, but no one expected him to have so limited a football IQ. And he is 22 years old, 23 in 2 months, so he is rapidly reaching past the point where he use his age as excuse for being "raw". If a player of his size can't provide elite playmaking ability or limitless workrate then I am not sure what exactly he provides on the pitch.
He's a year older than Saka and has 10,000 less minutes played, which might be the reason he's a bit raw... :lol:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Being able to criticize is 1 thing but throwing abuse directly at him, on social media, is something else.
No one here has done it. But there is agreement he is not good enough. If not sell him in the summer loan him out like lokonga

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
No one here has done it. But there is agreement he is not good enough. If not sell him in the summer loan him out like lokonga
Oh yeah he isn't good enough at the moment that's right, defo needs a loan.

Were our fans at the stadium booing him when he got subbed or was it the sporting fans?

scytheavatar

Established Member
Reading this forum after a tough game for an individual is disappointing sometimes.

It’s a catch 22 because it’s either buy these players now and go through matches and reactions like these, or let them go to Brighton and play 100m for them.

Wenger himself said it, you pay for the education of these young players with points. Or in this case potential trophies. The question though is has Vieira shown enough to make us believe he is worth those sacrifices? Ødegaard of course had dodgy performances in his loan spells with us but also great performances, so no one can say he showed nothing for us to justify making a permanent move for us.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Sell him after 15 games? This isn’t a computer game. He was signed as a project. I’m sure the club have totally belief in him as a project.
You do know not every project works out. It’s a gamble and I really doubt the club thought even after 9 months he would be so off physically. If they really believe in his talent then loan him out and let him get a full season under his belt

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Guys, stop comparing Vieira to Ødegaard........... Ødegaard deserves far more respect than that. He had issues in his early Arsenal career but even when he was playing poorly no one could question his elite football intelligence and decision making.

The player Vieira should be compared to is Pepe cause the same lack of football IQ and ability to make good decisions is blatant. We already know when we signed him that Vieira will struggle physically for a player of his size, but no one expected him to have so limited a football IQ. And he is 22 years old, 23 in 2 months, so he is rapidly reaching past the point where he use his age as excuse for being "raw". If a player of his size can't provide elite playmaking ability or limitless workrate then I am not sure what exactly he provides on the pitch.

It's not comparing Vieira to Ødegaard per se, it's about Vieira looking at Ødegaard as the level he needs to reach to be successful at this club.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
It wasn’t even a big call, this is a kid out of Portugal with little or no football, England is going to take him years in terms of adapting.
He really should’ve stayed in Portugal really, we’d see if he ever becomes that 60m+ player that always comes out that league. Needs to play regularly.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

He really should’ve stayed in Portugal really, we’d see if he ever becomes that 60m+ player that always comes out that league. Needs to play regularly.

In hindsight, we should have loaned him back to Porto and let him develop there for another season. Unfortunately the lack of attacking options meant that we had to have him here as an option.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Were our fans at the stadium booing him when he got subbed or was it the sporting fans?

It was the Sporting fans, he was getting booed by them every time he touched the ball.

Reactions: Xln

Jack badmon

Man I desperately wanted to boo him. He was atrocious. I am more vexed today then I was last night at the game.

TinFish

He is a massive project which is why I balk at the price we signed him for. ]

He will not leave on loan as he will want to remain bum chums with his pal Martinelli. He is a quiet, socially awkward skinny kid.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Patino is another player who will struggle at top football because of lack of athleticism

Charlie is filling out his frame. He's strong now. He's also not unforgivably slow either for his position. He's a lot younger too.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom