• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FIFA 16 / PES 2016

Godwin1

Very well-known
Yeah chip balls are always way too effective on FIFA. If you've got a striker with decent pace, and a midfield that isn't ****, chip balls all game will yield you 2 or 3 goals no problem.
They've actually nerfed chip through ball this time round, quite surprised they had the balls to do that. Not sure how good it is yet only played 5 games, I'll wait untill I'm more used to it before I make a judgment.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
FIFA 16 is superb so far. Physics feel completely reworked for the better, the players have weight to them, and there's actually a battle for midfield control now. Pace and chips behind the defense have been nerfed to **** as well, which is a massive plus.

Passing is a whole different beast now. Gone are the days of Flamini smashing 50 yard lobs into the path of Walcott. If you're trying to do something fancy with a player of low skill, you're going to end up looking stupid.

I reckon it's the biggest step forward this series has taken gameplay wise since FIFA 11.

Godwin1

Very well-known
FIFA 16 is superb so far. Physics feel completely reworked for the better, the players have weight to them, and there's actually a battle for midfield control now. Pace and chips behind the defense have been nerfed to **** as well, which is a massive plus.

Passing is a whole different beast now. Gone are the days of Flamini smashing 50 yard lobs into the path of Walcott. If you're trying to do something fancy with a player of low skill, you're going to end up looking stupid.

I reckon it's the biggest step forward this series has taken gameplay wise since FIFA 11.
I just hope the guys who used to hoof 50 yarders over the top for Ronaldo the whole 90 minutes don't moan so much that EA patch it back.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Seriously a different game this fifa.. Gameplay has changed so much, much harder to score now, but i'd imagine it'll be easier when you get used to it. I've played about 30+ games now and i'm starting to get a hang of it, however, it feels sooo hard to pass the ball out from your defence at certain times.

Probably the best fifa in a long while. LB+Y throughball is not a problem anymore and you can't really pace abuse that much this year as pace has been nerfed ALOT. (Mertesacker is actually a good choice for cb!!)

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Giroud is actually useful now as well because of how difficult it is to pass the ball around compared to 15. Cheeky long ball to him and let him bring it down, still with his back to goal. Hold LT/L2 and he'll shield the ball, making him almost impossible to dispossess, and wait for the midfielder to come forward.

In other words, teams actually play like they do in real life. There's just no ****ing way you're going to do Xavi worthy passing with Kouyate - he's there to break up play, win headers and get forward when opportunity arises. Try doing a LB + Y pass with him, the outcome is usually hilarious.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Having some fun games with England at the moment, Kane being only a 79 is actually banging the goals in for me and Rooney's doing the work behind the striker. Sterling and Ox on the wings I bring Walcott on later becuase his ball control frigs me off quite a bit.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
The funniest thing about Fifa, to me at least is that they absolutely love Welbeck. If you play him regularly in career mode he becomes a monster. He wins everything in the air, skins defenders for pace and is a half decent finisher. With all that said he's currently backing Lukaku up for my rebuilt Arsenal side and that man is an absolute savage who does everything Welbeck does as well as running THROUGH defenders. You don't even really need to use skill moves when he's in possession, once he has a head of steam he just shrugs tackles off. It's delightful.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Finally enjoying fifa. Took me a while it feels like total manual passing. Poor Wilsheres right foot is for standing only.

blaze_of_glory

PES is fantastic on the field, but Konami is blowing it on the roster update. No current squads until end of October, absolute joke.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
PES sh*ts all over FIFA this year
FIFA has been going downhill for a couple of years now.
The pile of ****e that was FIFA 15 was enough to convince me not to buy FIFA 16.

So I've gone for PES this year. Gameplay is excellent. Seems quite hard to break down human opponents, but as somebody who still enjoys playing vs the AI, PES is about a million times more enjoyable than FIFA. FIFA vs the AI is torture. And Master league is just so much better than career mode on FIFA.

People wanting polished presentation won't be happy though. The kits and names are all wrong. Updating them is very simple, but time consuming.
The lack of a roster update until late October is mind bogglingly poor from Konami. When the game starts up with Steven Gerrard in a Liverpool shirt it's just dumb, when we've known he wouldn't be there this season for months and months.
graphics are fantastic in general. For players who's faces are in the game, they look better than FIFA, imo. But for players who don't have their face in the game, it's generally quite a poor likeness.

So yeah, gameplay is miles above anything I think I've ever played on FIFA. But presentation is slightly lacking.
Haven't tried myclub yet. But imo FUT is the worst thing about FIFA, so I'm not really sure I'll bother with myclub too much.

But that was always the case with PES when it was good. If you wanted gameplay then you went for PES. If you wanted a better looking game you went for FIFA.
Obviously that changed on the last generation of consoles, as PES fell behind in gameplay as well as graphics.

But I really think PES is back now. PES 16 is absolutely great.

Last edited:

Godwin1

Very well-known
PES is fantastic on the field, but Konami is blowing it on the roster update. No current squads until end of October, absolute joke.
I remember in one of the previous PES's Marc Overmars was playing for Barcelona a year before he signed for them!

Godwin1

Very well-known
FIFA has been going downhill for a couple of years now.
The pile of ****e that was FIFA 15 was enough to convince me not to buy FIFA 16.

So I've gone for PES this year. Gameplay is excellent. Seems quite hard to break down human opponents, but as somebody who still enjoys playing vs the AI, PES is about a million times more enjoyable than FIFA. FIFA vs the AI is torture. And Master league is just so much better than career mode on FIFA.

People wanting polished presentation won't be happy though. The kits and names are all wrong. Updating them is very simple, but time consuming.
The lack of a roster update until late October is mind bogglingly poor from Konami. When the game starts up with Steven Gerrard in a Liverpool shirt it's just dumb, when we've known he wouldn't be there this season for months and months.
graphics are fantastic in general. For players who's faces are in the game, they look better than FIFA, imo. But for players who don't have their face in the game, it's generally quite a poor likeness.

So yeah, gameplay is miles above anything I think I've ever played on FIFA. But presentation is slightly lacking.
Haven't tried myclub yet. But imo FUT is the worst thing about FIFA, so I'm not really sure I'll bother with myclub too much.

But that was always the case with PES when it was good. If you wanted gameplay then you went for PES. If you wanted a better looking game you went for FIFA.
Obviously that changed on the last generation of consoles, as PES fell behind in gameplay as well as graphics.

But I really think PES is back now. PES 16 is absolutely great.
For competative reasons with my mates I had to go with fifa this year, I'm an old pes player at heart though I think I'll be trying this one in a couple of months.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

@Stevo the Villan

Yeah obviously the licensing is the major kick in the teeth as far as PES is concerned but it's so damn fun this year, wondergoals flying in everywhere. This year's FIFA is so damn boring and they still haven't fixed the overpowered finesse shot.

My thinking is that if we support PES and buy more copies hopefully they'll be able to bid for licencing at some point.

Stoneh

@Stevo the Villan

Yeah obviously the licensing is the major kick in the teeth as far as PES is concerned but it's so damn fun this year, wondergoals flying in everywhere. This year's FIFA is so damn boring and they still haven't fixed the overpowered finesse shot.

My thinking is that if we support PES and buy more copies hopefully they'll be able to bid for licencing at some point.

On PS4 you can download and update all team kits emblems managers as well as all correct teams and competition names. Basically ive got mine updated completely.. even face pics of managers !

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
On PS4 you can download and update all team kits emblems managers as well as all correct teams and competition names. Basically ive got mine updated completely.. even face pics of managers !
Takes ages though. Took me about 90 minutes to do just the premier league.

In the old days you could do it with one file. Just add it to your memory card and you were away.

Wish it was that easy now

Godwin1

Very well-known

In the old days you could do it with one file. Just add it to your memory card and you were away.

I remember buying an unoffical update from a games shop years ago.

blaze_of_glory

I think it's still like it used to be if you play on PC. I'm not sure why they can't do the same thing for consoles, definitely takes a while.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Cazorla's in-form means there has been an Arsenal player in the Team Of The Week 3 weeks in a row!

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom