Football Manager 2019

Discussion in 'Football Games (FIFA, FM, FPL, etc.)' started by al-Ustaadh, Sep 30, 2018.

1. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

Did this. Loads of fun!

2. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Old Friend of Darkness

Messi won't score in my system. Ronaldo is a machine though.

3. hydrofluoric acid

Just had 57 shots, 19 on target and 1 goal against Sp**s. What a weird game...

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  4. hydrofluoric acid

So I won the quadruple in my first season!

Ronaldo had 45 goals and 5 assists in 55 games
    Messi had 19 goals and 22 assists in 56 games
    Aubameyang had 27 goals and 5 assists in 51 games
    Mbappé had 25 goals and 15 assists in 55 games

What a wonderful time to be Arsenal manager! :D

krackpot likes this.
  5. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

I slipped :(

Leno
    Sok, de ligt, Juan jesus
    Bellerin Torreira Kola
    Ramsey xhaka
    Laca auba

So hard to sell Özil, mkith Nacho, mustafi etc, hardly getany money

6. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Still on the same save, playing it slowly. I'm in the Championship now and 2nd behind Swansea.

Jack Roles forced a move so I had to sell him. My midfield is now Charlie Colkett, Liam Coyle and a City youngster called Cole Palmer. He's only a 2 star but has PL potential and his lowest performance for me has been a 6.9 rating. Reece Brown has been in my squad since the beginning and seems to survive despite always being sh*t in the big games.

My back 4 is a bit more straight forward and ironically is mostly former Arsenal youngsters:

Marc Bola, Farrend Rawson, Ben Sheaf and Jordi Osei-Tutu. Ellery Balcombe is the goalie. The biggest weakness in my team is definitely striker. I have signed like 7 of them and all with the exception of one loanee has been very inconsistent. Charlie Brown I've had on loan for 2 seasons and he's very streaky. Has a couple of good games then he's terrible for a month. I loaned Stephen Walker from Boro and he was awesome in league 1 but he also was flaky and didn't want to come back permanently. I have Jordan McEneff in the team but he never scores regularly. I even signed a decent regen and the regen has yet to score. To make matters worse, Daishawn Redan, Eddie Nketiah and Rhian Brewster all rejected loan moves to me. My last hope is to sell one of my better players to sign Jack Clarke.

My wingers are the saving grace. Callum Hulme was a great signing from Bury midway through the 1st season. George Williams already played for my team and he's the best player on it - just can't trust him usually in big games, while Hulme usually delivers. I also have Millen Baars and Xavier Amaechi on loan this season. I've been eking out 1-0 wins the last few weeks but I really need a decent young striker.

BobP, Godwin1 and krackpot like this.
  7. Football Manager

Football Manager Active Member

What formation and team instructions are you using?
    And what’s Sp**s formation looks like?

8. Football Manager

Do u have a deep defensive line? What about the distance between your attacking line and defensive line? And do you play with a narrow or wide defensive width? Are they trying to outnumber you outside your box?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  9. Football Manager

Yes, played it without save load.
    That really test your understanding in tactics.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  10. carter777

carter777 Well-Known Member

OMG this so much. I play FM every year and I think the match engine has pretty much gotten better each time but this year with the scoring from long shots is driving me crazy.

Even If you have "work the ball in to the box" set and play players without long shot traits, I,m still seeing goals flying in from 25 yards+ every other game.