<

Francis Cagigao Sacked

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by yousif_arsenal, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

Doesn’t Sven have his own private analytics system rather than using what his clubs have?

@Toby Andrl ?

celestis likes this.
  2. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

He invested in and helped develop the scouting tool matchmetrics when it was a Start up. Still holds some shares but no majority and no position/Job within the company. Very likely it is his Go to scouting tool though.

celestis and Rex Banter like this.
  3. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

That’s even more of a damn shame. As he could have helped adjust ours . Gazidis was on to something just needed persistence

Rex Banter likes this.
  4. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

Shame about that ownership stake offer and even more power from Milan.

Guy must be absolutely minted :lol:

celestis likes this.
  5. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Why doesn't Edu do a piece to camera about his vision ffs.

6. TornadoTed

TornadoTed Well-Known Member

I will be interested to see how the Kia links pan out in the longer term. My Mums side of the family are all Wolves fans so I follow them pretty closely. They used Mendes initially to get a 'jump start' for want of a better term, they are using him less and less as time goes by.

It could well be the same with Edu and Kia, Edu is 12 months into the job and it is understandable that he would use his previous connections in the beginning while he gets a foothold. I hope that just like Wolves and Mendes, Edu will lean on Kia less as time goes by.

kopzilla, James Bond and lomekian like this.
  7. Iceman10

Iceman10 Well-Known Member

Charlie Watts on his YouTube channel yesterday said the scouting overhaul was more to do with Edu stamping his mark than cost cutting. Apparently the club is happy with an overhaul Edu has already made to the Academy. Seems pretty radical letting Cagigao and some others go. Would really like to know who was more responsible for Martinelli, Edu or Cagigao.

8. Football Manager

Football Manager Copy & Paste Merchant

9. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

The worst part of this is I may never learn how to properly pronounce Cagigao.

James Bond and American_Gooner like this.
  10. Get These Hands

Get These Hands Off of my purse !

Our scouts deserved the boot. What world class players have they unearthed the last decade?

Macho likes this.