• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Gabriel Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

With the arrival of Erling Haaland, Manchester City want to sell Gabriel Jesus in June. He asks for 60 million euros, but agrees to reduce up to 50 million euros. Arsenal is one of the main stakeholders and even held a meeting for the player in April. Striker has a contract until 2023

Imagine giving these lot most of the Haaland money for a guy with a year left on his deal.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I’d say tactical flexibility is the main reason rather than wages.
That's the main very obvious reason, but if you look at how few players City has, the overlooked benefit is what I said, and can save some wages as you don't need so many players for every position. And can keep the stars happier as they all can play enough.

drippin

Imagine giving these lot most of the Haaland money for a guy with a year left on his deal.
Imagine Haaland is so cheap because he has a release clause, comparable to a player having a year left in contract so you get him cheaper. :lol:

It's not exactly shocking to have to pay 50 million euros for a player of Jesus' calibre and experience. That's like 43 million pounds.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Edu trying to form the Brazilian NT. This would be very very underwhelming even more with that price tagged. For 50-60M and his salary... Offer that money to Haaland in salary and a new bromance with Ødegaard.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Edu trying to form the Brazilian NT. This would be very very underwhelming even more with that price tagged. For 50-60M and his salary... Offer that money to Haaland in salary and a new bromance with Ødegaard.
Haaland just been announced by City I'm afraid!

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Haaland just been announced by City I'm afraid!
I know, just saying that if we are willing to pay that much for an underwhelming player just because he is Brazilian to be friends with Edu, we should then offer that much for a big fish. At least doesn't buy the wastes from other teams at expensive prices, just watch what happened to every player we got from Chelsea/ManU/City in history.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
No chance anyone of Haaland level will be coming here yet. We need to be properly competing for trophies & competing deep in CL to attract the elite players. That will be phase 3 of this project.

Phase 1 (now) - build squad & qualify for CL
Phase 2 (next few seasons) - achieve & maintain top 4 credentials & compete in CL reguarly - improve squad level
Phase 3 (5 yrs) - Compete for titles & go deep into CL, improve squad with elite level players & very highly rated young players.

Could take longer, could take less.

drippin

I know, just saying that if we are willing to pay that much for an underwhelming player just because he is Brazilian to be friends with Edu, we should then offer that much for a big fish. At least doesn't buy the wastes from other teams at expensive prices, just watch what happened to every player we got from Chelsea/ManU/City in history.
This forum is just ridiculous with these speculations we could have any chance for Haaland etc. :facepalm: Makes absotely no sense, no realism at all, but people just want to complain and bash Edu and co.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He’s a good player and it’s obviously not a Willian type situation, but buying Jesus straight after they buy Haaland, can anyone really argue that’s anything other than an elite sport version of taking someone’s else’s unwanted car cos they just upgraded to a new model?

If everyone agreed we had to stop doing that with Chelsea then why is it ok to do it again with City?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
The fact of the matter is that if Jesus was a better player, if he was the player we all desperately want as a CF, then he wouldn’t be leaving City and they wouldn’t have just bought Haaland.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
He’s a good player and it’s obviously not a Willian type situation, but buying Jesus straight after they buy Haaland, can anyone really argue that’s anything other than an elite sport version of taking someone’s else’s unwanted car cos they just upgraded to a new model?

If everyone agreed we had to stop doing that with Chelsea then why is it ok to do it again with City?

Jesus would be a big upgrade for us and maybe becomeour best player. Yes Haaland is the super star and will cost them a shedload in agent fees and wages.

City fans rate him highly. I think this is closer to Inter taking Etoo off Barce or Juve taking Pirlo from Milan than the Chelsea rejects we've picked up. Probably not on those 2s level but you can get my point.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

The fact of the matter is that if Jesus was a better player, if he was the player we all desperately want as a CF, then he wouldn’t be leaving City and they wouldn’t have just bought Haaland.
Hm I think it more highlights the rediculous gap between City and basically everyone else.

Jesus starts plenty of games for the title winners. They tend to have players like Grealish, Zinchenko and Mahrez on the bench. They buy the best quality but don't settle even on that.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The worry is that Citeh have felt they needed a goal scorer for two years now, and Pep doesn’t rate Jesus enough for him to be that guy. I like a lot of his game but we already have players in our attack who bring everything but goals.

Saka/Jesus/Martinelli isn’t that big of a step up on Saka/Nketiah/Martinelli in terms of output.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The target for the coming few years is getting top 4. We not competing with City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom