• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Gabriel Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malky

Established Member
Best option we can get, in all honesty.
By the looks of it the City fans aren't too happy that he's potentially leaving. They'd rather we take Sterling or Mahrez from them :lol: and the general feeling is this Alvarez lad isn't ready for the PL. There's been a few raising concerns about Haalands muscle injuries and Jesus should be kept to rotate with him.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Best option we can get, in all honesty.
By the looks of it the City fans aren't too happy that he's potentially leaving. They'd rather we take Sterling or Mahrez from them :lol: and the general feeling is this Alvarez lad isn't ready for the PL. There's been a few raising concerns about Haalands muscle injuries and Jesus should be kept to rotate with him.
Yeah, I read Blue Moon forum yesterday and I saw not a single fan say they're fine with selling Jesus. They want to sell him abroad too.

That should tell everything one needs to know about this transfer. He's not surplus to their requirements.

Jesus would be a top transfer for us. Like someone said, similar to Alexis transfer from Barca. We can only get him because they buy Haaland and another striker, and he has one year in contract at the worst time for City. It's great he wants to play more and might choose Arsenal.

Btw. I saw Jesus' Transfermarkt value wrong earlier, it's 50 million euros. It's still cheap coming from a "rival" from the same league.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Very smart signing this one (if it happens). Perfect replacement for Lacazette in the squad.

Interesting thing will be to see whether he's being signed as our main man upfront (in which case maybe Nketiah stays with a new contract) or whether we view him as cover for both striker and right wing with a new CF coming and Pepe leaving.

I'd be happy with either option to be honest. Part of me thinks that we'd be alright upfront with our forward options and would be better focusing big on midfield (ie. bringing in Tielemans & Bissouma for example)

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We will need a big lad up top too. He has 21 g/a this season though with his somewhat limited time, 6 man of the match awards in that City team.
Seems to have been played in important matches too.

Pep probably saw him as a better defensive option to Sterling/Silva.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Very smart signing this one (if it happens). Perfect replacement for Lacazette in the squad.

Interesting thing will be to see whether he's being signed as our main man upfront (in which case maybe Nketiah stays with a new contract) or whether we view him as cover for both striker and right wing with a new CF coming and Pepe leaving.

I'd be happy with either option to be honest. Part of me thinks that we'd be alright upfront with our forward options and would be better focusing big on midfield (ie. bringing in Tielemans & Bissouma for example)

Think we're still bringing another CF, just from a different mold. We haven't offered Eddie new terms yet and last I remember we're "leaving that to the end of the season".

Meanwhile Elneny got his new offer sent to him. So, yeah, there's that.

My guess is we'll see Jesus rotated between the left wing and CF, with some stints on the right side whenever Saka is unable to play for some reason.

I wish his price was a bit lower, but the fact we're not really "negociating" means the higher ups think he's one of the "ones" and after last summer I'm inclined to give them a slight benefit of the doubt.

Barry

Think we're still bringing another CF, just from a different mold. We haven't offered Eddie new terms yet and last I remember we're "leaving that to the end of the season".

Meanwhile Elneny got his new offer sent to him. So, yeah, there's that.

My guess is we'll see Jesus rotated between the left wing and CF, with some stints on the right side whenever Saka is unable to play for some reason.

I wish his price was a bit lower, but the fact we're not really "negociating" means the higher ups think he's one of the "ones" and after last summer I'm inclined to give them a slight benefit of the doubt.
Jesus is very good value at around £40m though - obviously more of a Firmino style linking striker but when you look at the Striker market he's as close to a sure bet as you are going to get for that sort of fee. Obviously unlikely to ever be a 20 goal a season striker, but when you think of him linking up with Ødegaard, Saka, ESR and Martinelli there's a lot to work with there.

If the plan is genuinely to bring in two contrasting top draw forwards (Jesus + Nunez/Osimhen) then we are in for an exciting summer. Think you are probably right about the midfielder situation as well. Elneny has been really impressive over the last three games, but none of us really think he can sustain that next season and it seems like a real gamble on Partey as our main holding player given his fitness issues and the number of games we'll have.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I like the player, but we are in big trouble if we want him to be our main striker.
I think he'll be fine as a main striker because we have a goalscoring wing forward in Martinelli on the left. Still would like us to bring in another CF as a rotation piece though.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Jesus is very good value at around £40m though - obviously more of a Firmino style linking striker but when you look at the Striker market he's as close to a sure bet as you are going to get for that sort of fee. Obviously unlikely to ever be a 20 goal a season striker, but when you think of him linking up with Ødegaard, Saka, ESR and Martinelli there's a lot to work with there.

If the plan is genuinely to bring in two contrasting top draw forwards (Jesus + Nunez/Osimhen) then we are in for an exciting summer. Think you are probably right about the midfielder situation as well. Elneny has been really impressive over the last three games, but none of us really think he can sustain that next season and it seems like a real gamble on Partey as our main holding player given his fitness issues and the number of games we'll have.

Think it'll be Jesus + DCL, btw. Specially if Everton go down somehow.

Makes sense to bring in strikers from within the league and it would be in line with Tielemans + our last summer.

Barry

Think it'll be Jesus + DCL, btw. Specially if Everton go down somehow.

Makes sense to bring in strikers from within the league and it would be in line with Tielemans + our last summer.
I'd be tempted to stick with Nketiah over DCL given the difference in form between them.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I'd be tempted to stick with Nketiah over DCL given the difference in form between them.
Yeah, do not want DCL.

Bamford would be a good buy. I would say he has more to his game. Bit like DCL, he's been hammered with injuries, but has a higher ceiling I think.

Abraham would be a good fit. That ship may have sailed now tho. Why didn't we just pull the trigger on him last summer???

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yeah, do not want DCL.

Bamford would be a good buy. I would say he has more to his game. Bit like DCL, he's been hammered with injuries, but has a higher ceiling I think.

Abraham would be a good fit. That ship may have sailed now tho. Why didn't we just pull the trigger on him last summer???
Bamford has been injured for a year. Why gamble like this when there are so many healthy strikers out there and he is average striker

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Bamford looked good last season, but 28. Would go for DCL over him who's a donkey but still.

ArsenalDeku

Yeah, I read Blue Moon forum yesterday and I saw not a single fan say they're fine with selling Jesus. They want to sell him abroad too.

That should tell everything one needs to know about this transfer. He's not surplus to their requirements.

Jesus would be a top transfer for us. Like someone said, similar to Alexis transfer from Barca. We can only get him because they buy Haaland and another striker, and he has one year in contract at the worst time for City. It's great he wants to play more and might choose Arsenal.

Btw. I saw Jesus' Transfermarkt value wrong earlier, it's 50 million euros. It's still cheap coming from a "rival" from the same league.

This makes too much sense to me,im surprised anybody can be against it. Hes cheaper and better than other players we've been linked with (DCL, Isak) less variance than youd expect with Nunez and makes more sense financially and is no worse at football than Osihmen who'd cost twice as much. He works really hard and would definitely take this teams foward play up a level.

I also think if we can get him in we could have a chance to complete the foward line this summer with another foward signing. I dream of signing Nkunku to play on the left and across the line, and be capable of playing as a spot CF too. A starting front 3 of Saka - Gabriel - Nkunku with Martenilli, ESR, Nketiah pushing them hard and rotating with them

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Bamford has been injured for a year. Why gamble like this when there are so many healthy strikers out there and he is average striker
Yeah fair point but all strikers get injuries at some point in their careers. Doesn't mean they should be written off. Just think his all round game is better than DCL. Ideally we go for someone of a higher calibre, but who?

Osimhen? Napoli will demand 85mil. Cannot see us splashing that. We are not a Utd or a Chelsea who just throw money around hoping some of it sticks. Our signings seem to be a lot more considered & planned.

Will be an interesting watch, as the striker market is quite condensed. If Arteta wants DCL tho, he must see enough in him to think he'll fit the system & add the goals. Im not convinced by him tho.

GDeep™

League is very weak
DCL has 3 years on his deal, Everton aren’t going down and Newcastle want him. Don’t think I want this prat around at Arsenal with his high heels.

Jesus on the other hand, Brazilian killer you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom