• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Magalhães: Not Our Only Signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Saliba's lack of games, especially in the Europa/cups, always annoyed me.

As I said, felt like we could have been in a much better place with him than we are now.

I would like to see Mavro brought back too, tbh.

Yeah it’s tough because we have no idea how good these lads actually are.

Jealous of Leicester finishing third starting Fofana while we’re going to finish 8 places lower playing Holding and Luiz every week.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Jealous of Leicester finishing third starting Fofana while we’re going to finish 8 places lower playing Holding and Luiz every week.

Selling Maguire for big money, but already having his replacement in Soyuncu...now they have Forfana too, very well run club.

Used to be us...Kolo going from ultimate utility player in 02/03, to one of the best CBs in the league in 03/04, for like £500,000...great stuff.

Kos being picked up rather cheaply and developed into a very good player...then adding Per to the backline, with both cowering each other's weaknesses...miss doing stuff like that.

Barely have chemistry in our team anymore, everything feels cobbled together...or we just keep doing things we know aren't going to work, it's all very frustrating ffs :lol:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Good start to the season, bad end to the season as he’s looked shaky. Potential is there, but you’ll say the jury is out if you are talking about him being a top CB.

I’ve seen enough tbh. The attributes stopping him becoming elite are gained through experience. He can be a bit rash sometimes (like all young CB’s). But he’s dominant in the air, quick, can pass and can bring the ball out from defence.

He’ll be a lot better next season- already excited to see what he’s gonna produce.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Hit the nail on the head. People need to be more realistic about what Saliba can / will offer us at his extremely young age. CB is not a position that develops early. Ask Juve fans...think about what their expectations were for de Ligt when signed compared to the reality.
People need to be realistic about what our senior CB's (Mari, Luiz, Holding, Chambers) can offer, and that's mid table I'm afraid, so any experiment with Saliba is perfectly legit as longs as these clowns are playing.

Had exactly the same discussions on Saka 1.5 years ago, once the boy started playing, it was obvious that talent is far more important than experience. If Saliba is talented, he will perform better than Holding, Mari, or Luiz, no doubt about that.

The same goes for Gabriel, anyone thinking that Holding, Luiz or Mari offer anything more than Gabriel is just delusional. Just watching these senior clowns failing to pass the ball without ****ing their pants is enough for me to bin all of them, that's without touching their horrendous defending throughout the season

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Barely have chemistry in our team anymore, everything feels cobbled together...or we just keep doing things we know aren't going to work, it's all very frustrating ffs
This, I honestly can't believe people are not willing to see something different, even if it's a young CB pair, it just ****ing can't be any worse than Luiz Holding and Mari. Feels like mid table is well accepted within the fanbase

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Selling Maguire for big money, but already having his replacement in Soyuncu...now they have Forfana too, very well run club.

Used to be us...Kolo going from ultimate utility player in 02/03, to one of the best CBs in the league in 03/04, for like £500,000...great stuff.

Kos being picked up rather cheaply and developed into a very good player...then adding Per to the backline, with both cowering each other's weaknesses...miss doing stuff like that.

Barely have chemistry in our team anymore, everything feels cobbled together...or we just keep doing things we know aren't going to work, it's all very frustrating ffs :lol:

I think if we’d just given Saliba some EL group games it would have been enough for me.

Playing that ****** Mustafi and including crocked Mari and Chambers in the squad was rage inducing.

Riou

This, I honestly can't believe people are not willing to see something different, even if it's a young CB pair, it just ****ing can't be any worse than Luiz Holding and Mari. Feels like mid table is well accepted within the fanbase

If we were in the same situation in the league, but Mikel had been playing Saliba-Gabriel the whole season...the fans would ne more forgiving to Mikel, as at least we would been developing players for our future.

Arteta being a young manager makes it even more bizarre...he can't trust our young players, but wants the club to trust him...can he not see the irony in that :lol:

Last edited:

Kav

Established Member
If we were in the same situation in the league, but Mikel had been playing Saliba-Gabriel the whole season...the fans would ne more forgiving to Mikel, as at least we would been developing players for our future.

Arteta being a young manager makes it even more bizarre...he can't trust our young players, but wants the club to trust him...can he not see the irony in that :lol:

Yet you defend him to the hilt. Strange one you are.

Riou

Pretty much first season Kos...some bad moments, mixed with some very good ones.

Will be quality for us.

Wryer

Not sure about the comparisons with early Koscielny. I think Gabriel is way more cautious, while Kos was relying absolutely everything on his pace and recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom