• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Top Tear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He's not refined enough imo. I'd would like to see him come off the bench a bit more tho as he's lively and dangerous but I can understand not starting him. He's absolutely not a wide player, unless you've got a system in place which allows him to focus on just making runs (like how we used Walcott for many years). And he's got Auba ahead of him and probably Laca ahead of him as far as CF goes, and he's not got much experience in that position yet so he still needs to be developed and clearly Arteta doesn't feel as if he's got the luxury of doing so.

Starting to think a loan might've been best for him, heck if we still have both Auba and Laca here next season perhaps we might think about loaning him next season tho then we get into the territory of him thinking he might be best off elsewhere so it might be a difficult balancing act in terms of what we do with him. He's a long long way off being starter tho in any case and it's just a reality we might have to accept.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The thought of him leading from the front with his endless pressing is mouthwatering tbh. He’s the type of player that makes things happen, might come off his arse but he’ll find a way to score as our main striker.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Starting to think a loan might've been best for him, heck if we still have both Auba and Laca here next season perhaps we might think about loaning him next season tho then we get into the territory of him thinking he might be best off elsewhere so it might be a difficult balancing act in terms of what we do with him.
I can see already him doing great at some club while our strikers ****ting themselves at the same time :lol:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The thought of him leading from the front with his endless pressing is mouthwatering tbh. He’s the type of player that makes things happen, might come off his arse but he’ll find a way to score as our main striker.
That's the good side of him, even if he doesn't score or play well he will still make all sort of problems for defences while both Auba and Laca are -1 player on the pitch on their off day

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I can see already him doing great at some club while our strikers ****ting themselves at the same time :lol:
Lol It’s true, I mean we literally have no strikers who can hit a barn door. The thought of us with even just one mildly prolific striker straightens my urethra. We’d probably win the league with one.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Why didn't we send him on loan if we not use him? If the club was willing to go into rebuild mode they wouldn't sign Willian and just let Martinelli have chances signing Willian mean Martinelli minutes will be limited and that what we witnessed

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
This and the way Pepe has been handled this season, are rather strange by my boy Tets, can't lie.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
He's 19, been injured, and out of sync most of the season. It's frustrating but I'd rather be safe than sorry when it comes to prolonging his career.

silent_shadow

Established Member
Always so much mental gymnastics going on to explain Martinelli's (and Pepe's and Saliba's etc) lack of minutes when the reason is simple: Arteta doesn't rate him (or the others) that highly.

It was even obvious before he got injured, although people again tried to explain that way. Then Arteta got really desperate and chucked him in (actually risking him in the process). Then we got out of crisis into midtable and Arteta reverted to course.

He can and I'm sure will continue to talk him up the media, but his actions will say otherwise unless the prick gets desperate again. I'm sure he'd love Gabi to have a misdemeanour so he can have an excuse to banish him to a lower Bundesliga club.

Impact

Established Member
This is a non-story. Martinelli is currently behind Auba and Laca in the pecking order. In the summer, Laca is likely moved on and Martinelli gets his minutes as deputy to Auba.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Wishful thinking maybe, but a possibility the club are preparing him to take the ST spot next season? Could be overworking him in training to get him doing stuff Arteta wants his ST to do.

bonzka

Wishful thinking maybe, but a possibility the club are preparing him to take the ST spot next season? Could be overworking him in training to get him doing stuff Arteta wants his ST to do.
Conclusive proof Laca will be gone in the Summer, Gabi promoted to take Laca's minutes. Laca cash to be used elsewhere.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Conclusive proof Laca will be gone in the Summer, Gabi promoted to take Laca's minutes. Laca cash to be used elsewhere.

I’ll be surprised if we can move Lacazette easily.

Almost 29 and on 180k a week. With the market apparently depressed as it is reckon we’ll struggle to get any fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom