• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Top Tear

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonzka

I’ll be surprised if we can move Lacazette easily.

Almost 29 and on 180k a week. With the market apparently depressed as it is reckon we’ll struggle to get any fee.
That is the depressing reality. Saying that, I do quite like Laca, but the teams needs to evolve.

say yes

forum master baiter

Wishful thinking maybe, but a possibility the club are preparing him to take the ST spot next season? Could be overworking him in training to get him doing stuff Arteta wants his ST to do.
Not sure if the training videos are a coincidence, but this is definitely what I'd guess the plan is.

No doubt in my mind that Arteta rates this guy given how he was used pre-injury; and how positively Arteta always speaks of him. The minutes have dried up because we've moved Auba up top, and Laca is (rightly) the more appropriate backup there, particularly at the business end of the season.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He has to be seen as a CF long term because he just isn't a winger. We've seen recently what Arteta wants from his wide players and Martinelli just doesn't give that.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Should get a start against Olympiakos, IMO.

Laca
Martinelli-Willian-Pepe

should be fine. But Arteta will not be that risky.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Can’t believe it. @Hunta confirming himself as Hagn, never thought I’d see the day. Awful awful stuff. Respect gone just like that.
AM had me thinking Terry spent his summers at the Caravan, was ginger and fighting off terror but he was really a dashing Chilean journalist with RonaldoMadness tendencies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wouldn’t say it’s anything to worry about. Auba is of course our starting striker. Lacazette comes next and if we intend to sell needs to play.

blrgooner

Established Member
Martinelli has always been a CF IMO. His skillsets and more importantly his instincts are a perfect fit there.He would also work well as a second CF with someone like Laca I think. He is just not a winger in our system though.

Iceman10

Established Member

The end of Nketiah at Arsenal?

I did want one of Laca and Auba to be sold last summer to make way for Martinelli, before his injury. This would perhaps also be more indication that the club will not be renewing Laca’s contract.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It took about 15 minutes of watching Martinelli against Standard Liege to see he’s got it made as a CF. The way he attacks the ball at the near post, his ability to lose markers in the box, the way he finds the corners with his shots without looking.

His intensity is what Arteta seems to be trying to manage. He obviously he knows that if left to his own devices, Martinelli will chase down every ball, and he wants him to be able to catch teams by surprise.

I don’t necessarily agree with it but I understand it. I’m just glad that there seems to be a plan for him.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
His intensity is what Arteta seems to be trying to manage. He obviously he knows that if left to his own devices, Martinelli will chase down every ball, and he wants him to be able to catch teams by surprise.

Eh? So Arteta, an outspoken fan of players who play with high intensity and press a lot, wants Martinelli to have less of that, so that he can catch teams by surprise? (I'm not even sure how that works in your mind, btw, if you just chase down the ball and press some of the time, teams get surprised when you do press? I suppose you mean more save energy to be in good positions when we get the ball, but even then, it seems weird to think this is what Arteta is working on with him, much less be so certain of it so to say 'I don't necessarily agree with it').

In short, I don't think this is what Arteta is managing with him. I think it's basically more like, we've got a lot of options in the forward positions, we are struggling to get games for Pepe who is 25 and in rather good form, hence Martinelli, at 19, is the odd man out. What he's managing is no doubt his overall game, much as he would've with Sterling or Sané, as much as time allows him, given that he's the head coach not the assistant as he was before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady
Top Bottom