• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gary Cahill

HBL

Established Member
I thought he was talking about a VVD level signing? I'd take Cahill or Benatia on a short-term deal, either of those could help get top 4 and then you reassess in the summer.
Didn't really read his post but Benatia is a top defender and probably the best we can get on a budget.

Reactions: A_G

Leeroy1979

Yes im gonna tell you that.

Bring in a proper Cb we can have like Pool did with Virgil for example.

We are "fighting" for a 4'th and CL place THIS season and then you say we gonna loan a old man who dont play regular football from our rival that we are competing with for the 4th place? Don't you get me?

Tah or Pavard or whatever is fine this window but FFS man....

You talking about **** storm now and you think Cahill gonna save us? right
I get you and I agree that spending big is the ideal answer but in reality we won't no matter how much I want it to happen. Being realistic we will bring in a cheaper short term option which is most likely to be Cahill. I'd take it because it's better than doing nothing. I'd rather we invest but I fear it won't happen

Judasviking

I get you and I agree that spending big is the ideal answer but in reality we won't no matter how much I want it to happen. Being realistic we will bring in a cheaper short term option which is most likely to be Cahill. I'd take it because it's better than doing nothing. I'd rather we invest but I fear it won't happen

It's just sad if we have "become" that level, frustrate my soul out of me.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Though he'd be king in our backline, but VVD/Laporte level? LMAO
People want someone like him as a Matip type signing, the guy Liverpool signed for free that helped them get CL football that enabled them to sign VVD.

Newchange

Tah fits the bill.Physically imposing, commanding in the air, leadership qualities while still young at 22 (23 in feb) he wouldn't cost a bomb and has already been involved in the German International set up. Would slot in well alongside Sokratis and will be familiar with Leno,Kolasinac and Auba from the Bundesliga..add Wan-Bisska in Jan and things look more solid..If Holding recovers well and finds form next season, replace sokratis with Holding and our average age in defence drops drastically also.

Wan-Bissaka Sokratis Tah Kolasinac

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Our defence next season,all above 30

543861152_8af2131add_b.jpg

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Tah fits the bill.Physically imposing, commanding in the air, leadership qualities while still young at 22 (23 in feb) he wouldn't cost a bomb and has already been involved in the German International set up. Would slot in well alongside Sokratis and will be familiar with Leno,Kolasinac and Auba from the Bundesliga..add Wan-Bisska in Jan and things look more solid..If Holding recovers well and finds form next season, replace sokratis with Holding and our average age in defence drops drastically also.

Wan-Bissaka Sokratis Tah Kolasinac
Wait, Tah from Levurkusen? They've been in the relegation zone before some form in the last few weeks, and have conceded 29 goals in 17 games so far.

Malky

Established Member
I thought he was talking about a VVD level signing? I'd take Cahill or Benatia on a short-term deal, either of those could help get top 4 and then you reassess in the summer.
Benatia on the right deal could be an option, but Cahill isn't. No way does he help get top 4, he's not considered good enough to help Chelsea get it, why's he good enough for us?
Would like to see us show some serious intent and atleast try and sign someone like Upamecano! We would need to throw serious money at them (RB), but he'd be a huge investment for the future.

Leeroy1979

Got to be honest I'm not putting all my eggs in the rob holding basket. He's improved but I'm just not seeing him as a top top cb. He was playing ok before the injury but is he of the quality to compete with the elite of Europe which is where we want to be? I just don't see it

Leeroy1979

Tah would be a top signing for us. He is boating mark 2. Has all the qualities that would improve our defence and could learn of sokratis and kocielny as they pass the torch.

Judasviking

Benatia on the right deal could be an option, but Cahill isn't. No way does he help get top 4, he's not considered good enough to help Chelsea get it, why's he good enough for us?
Would like to see us show some serious intent and atleast try and sign someone like Upamecano! We would need to throw serious money at them (RB), but he'd be a huge investment for the future.

Agree, man thats what im trying to put out here.

Put Cahill in the defence yday and it would be 6-1.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Totally agree , years of neglect whether through arrogance or taking eye off the ball, poor recruitment, missed opportunities, replacing quality with poor imitations and lack of investment are biting us in the arse
Have to say we did some good business in midfield and attack in 2018, defense and wingers next please.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom