• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gilberto Silva (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFCG7

Established Member
Barca have Gio.. and now they want Gilberto as well..
It seems like they cant poach Henry Vieira Pires and Ljungberg but they still want other Arsenal players.. cant they just leave us alone?

baccy_man

Established Member
this is copied from football 365

AND THE REST
Sp**s have offered £3.5m to PSV Eindhoven for midfielder Mark van Bommel...Wales boss Mark Hughes wants to manage a Premiership club...Man City are trailing Ipswich striker Darren Bent...And Barcelona could sign Arsenal midfielder Gilberto for £5m.

how much did gilberto cost us . and if we can make a profit . other wise keep him he is doing ok in his proper position

Mark

Established Member
I don't think Wenger would accept £5 million. He was more than that anyway wasn't he?

dafish

Mark said:
I don't think Wenger would accept £5 million. He was more than that anyway wasn't he?

i believe gilberto was between 6.25m to 6.5m\

and honestly i'd keep gilberto. i must admit he's not performing as well as when we first signed him, but if he hits that form he'll be giving edu a run for his money. he's a anchor for goodness sake. ofcourse he's not going to surge forward with the rest of the gang. imagine Henry, Reyes/Bergy, Pires, Freddie, Ashley, Lauren, Viera, AND Gilberto gone to attack...

who's left back there? Kolo and Sol... people don't seem to apprieciate the fact that he's holding back during our attacks so that arsenal's defenders time to reorganise when the other team counters.

himanshu

dafish said:
Mark said:

i believe gilberto was between 6.25m to 6.5m\

and honestly i'd keep gilberto. i must admit he's not performing as well as when we first signed him, but if he hits that form he'll be giving edu a run for his money. he's a anchor for goodness sake. ofcourse he's not going to surge forward with the rest of the gang. imagine Henry, Reyes/Bergy, Pires, Freddie, Ashley, Lauren, Viera, AND Gilberto gone to attack...

who's left back there? Kolo and Sol... people don't seem to apprieciate the fact that he's holding back during our attacks so that arsenal's defenders time to reorganise when the other team counters.

i agree !!!look at the pass he gave to thierry in the leeds game thats was an excellent 1!!he can do thoise kind of things occasionaly!!

Aussie

Established Member
Gilberto i rekon will be open to offers if he dosent get first team football. If he wants to continue playing for Brazil he must be playing first team football and it looks like he may not regulary get that here.

Aussie

Established Member
For gilberto's football career it would probably be better for him to move to a club where he will be an automatic first choice.

Sigun

Giblet's been great latly, we dont want to let him go.
Who esle do we have to cover center?

Mark

Established Member
Sigun said:
Giblet's been great latly, we dont want to let him go.
Who esle do we have to cover center?

Not in any way backing up the idea that he should leave but, Parlour, Edu and Cesc in a few years. This of course isn't including Vieira. Even Pires, Ljungberg and Kanu can play there if absolutely necessary.

Jinn

Established Member
If we're going to sell any of our players, I'd rather have backups available first.

Simche

I think the squads just right. Why sell when P.V might get injured (or more likely suspended leaving us short in the centre. Three good central midfielders is perfect in my opinion.

P.S
Gilberto's game against Leeds was superb

timberford

gilberto is arguably arsenal's most underated player. a lot of what he does is crucial to the team, he plays the ugly side of the game for the more skillful players. with gilberto in the side players like vieira can get forward more because they know gilberto will cover.

asajoseph

Established Member
To be honest, I think there will be more 'outs' than 'ins' this summer. I can see us losing Gilberto

Ridge

AC Milan have laughed off suggestions that Kaka is on his way to Arsenal. (The Sun)

its in the same page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom