• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Hector Bellerin (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Happy to see this happen. Aside from his raw pace ( which seems to have receeded in recent years) he has no outstanding quality.

- Average crosser
- Average ball control
- Average passer
- Average defensively

Much rather see AMN there, at least we'll have someone who is better defensively, ball control and passer of the ball.

£30m upfront + 5m would be a good deal for both sides.

GunnerShy

I like AMN. And I'm on here arguing that we'd be crazy to sell him. But those who think he's better than HB already are simply wrong. More versatile yes, a better RB no.

I'd reluctantly accept the risk and the downgrade on our right if it brings in the £40m+ we need to keep investing in the team in midfield but that's it.

The think I find funny is, for those who say take the £30m for a guy about to enter his prime, 3 years left on his contract, strong league experience and some CL experience. And who is by reports attracting interest from PSG (with unlimited funds), Bayern, Juve. And who is a player who will not agitate to leave and whom Arsenal would prefer not to lose

What do they expect to get for the other players like Guendouzi? £5-10m?

This is exactly the sort of player, like Chilwell that you need to get a large fee on.

I love Bellerin, think he is Arsenal through and through. I'm hoping he can put his career on the right path again now he should be further down the road in getting over his injury!

But I also think a new challenge could be good for him. A new league, playing with elite players, winning the league every year. It's like when you're parents go with your dogs to a farm but not the doctor to put him down! Everyone is happy.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
When comparing who the better rb is between Bellerin and AMN. Its pointless going into individual attributes. AMN is the better footballer.

The real question is, WHO is better for Pepe?

Pretty easy answer for me, when Bellerin only managed 3 or 4 passes to Pepe in an entire match.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I think we have enough to cope at RB imo even if we lose Bellerin. I think the club were planning for it with the signing of Cedric on a 4 year deal :facepalm:

If we’re prioritising each position then we have to address that disaster of a midfield we have first. A lack of midfield has been costing us for years now.

Some people are mentioning that AMN has hardly played RB but I’m 100% sure that if we address our midfield properly then it will make it very difficult for teams to target the weaknesses in our defence.

say yes

forum master baiter
When comparing who the better rb is between Bellerin and AMN. Its pointless going into individual attributes. AMN is the better footballer.

Pretty easy answer for me, when Bellerin only managed 3 or 4 passes to Pepe in an entire match.
I don’t think that’s an easy answer at all.

Pepe needs an overlapping fullback to enable him to drift inside, and Bellerin is much more adept at doing that than AMN, who is a natural CM.

If Niles wants to become a proper RB here (and I’m really not sure that he does), then he has a lot to work on.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
AMN and Pepe seem to have a good connection. If we were to go 433 and you've got a right side of

Pepe
Partey
AMN

Its a real elite blend. Partey played right back a lot for Atletico Madrid, knows the position well.

MA08

I am surprised at the level of the lack of appreciation for Bellerin in the forum. I can only think of just 2 right backs(TAA & Kyle Walker) in the league who are better than a peak Bellerin. In Europe, you will have even lesser number of right backs who are better than him(may be Kimmich and Carvajal). Look at Juve who has Cuadrado and Barca who has Semedo. He is probably the 5th best in the world

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I am surprised at the level of the lack of appreciation for Bellerin in the forum. I can only think of just 2 right backs(TAA & Kyle Walker) in the league who are better than a peak Bellerin. In Europe, you will have even lesser number of right backs who are better than him(may be Kimmich and Carvajal). Look at Juve who has Cuadrado and Barca who has Semedo. He is probably the 5th best in the world

5th best in the world?! He's not even 5th best in the league.

TAA
Walker
Pereira
Doherty
AWB
Cancelo

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I don’t think that’s an easy answer at all.

Pepe needs an overlapping fullback to enable him to drift inside, and Bellerin is much more adept at doing that than AMN, who is a natural CM.

If Niles wants to become a proper RB here (and I’m really not sure that he does), then he has a lot to work on.
AMN seems to find him more with the ball but Bellerín has been making those runs for years now.

Seems to have unlocked a new level of fitness recently as well, he was barely overlapping for most of the season.

Reactions: JCB

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

Shameless stuff. You're basing that off the Saints away game where we were terrible in possession as a team.

Pepe had 6 passes himself....:lol: but of course that's Bellerin's fault.... Auba and Eddie didn't touch the ball much either.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Shameless stuff. You're basing that off the Saints away game where we were terrible in possession as a team.

Pepe had 6 passes himself....:lol: but of course that's Bellerin's fault.... Auba and Eddie didn't touch the ball much either.

What has being terrible as a team got to do with it. The fact is he's playing right back and he has a right winger on front of him. If he cannot receive the ball quickly enough with the correct body shape to punch it down the line then that on him. Not the team.

What I would say is that he has improved in that, noticeably. I think Bellerin is a good rb, but if I am honest I think AMN gives you more flexibility tactically and he also doesn't have a a tendon missing

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
5th best in the world?! He's not even 5th best in the league.

TAA
Walker
Pereira
Doherty
AWB
Cancelo

Bellerin had 2 decent peformances all season. Chambers sokratis amd AMN all produced more good displays at RB this season.

If people think he defensively better than Ward or AWB or a better all round player than Aarons, Chambers and AMN then their looking through rose tinted specs.

Hell i cant think one attribute that Bellerin is better than Aurier than and Aurier has flopped.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom