• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 944,848
Status
Not open for further replies.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
If you sign a guy for 50M you expect him to come in and start performing.
It's like you didn't remember Pepe and Ceballos last year. Your price could be 1£ or 100M and still have difficulties to adapt to a new place and new league with a completely different pace.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

It's like you didn't remember Pepe and Ceballos last year. Your price could be 1£ or 100M and still have difficulties to adapt to a new place and new league with a completely different pace.

I do remember them, every man and their dog didn't give Pepe time.

Ceballos isn't anyway near Aouar in terms of hype and previous performances.

yorch44

I do remember them, every man and their dog didn't give Pepe time.

Ceballos isn't anyway near Aouar in terms of hype and previous performances.
You didn't get the point. Coming from a league with a lower pace and intensity does affect. More when you are 20-24. You need at least some time to adapt.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You didn't get the point. Coming from a league with a lower pace and intensity does affect. More when you are 20-24. You need at least some time to adapt.
He’s saying for the hype that everyone’s giving Aouar he better perform. Pretty much 90% of this forum turned on Pepe and Ceballos, so they have to keep that same energy now.

The price tag argument especially was used against Pepe so often.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
the only players who you know will hit the ground running are PL proven players. Any player abroad no matter what the price could do well or could do badly. They could become world class or could simply flop.

Thats why you break them in gently, going hard and fast can potentially be a confidence killer.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
the only players who you know will hit the ground running are PL proven players. Any player abroad no matter what the price could do well or could do badly. They could become world class or could simply flop.

Thats why you break them in gently, going hard and fast can potentially be a confidence killer.

New tinder biography, thank u very much

yorch44

He’s saying for the hype that everyone’s giving Aouar he better perform. Pretty much 90% of this forum turned on Pepe and Ceballos, so they have to keep that same energy now.

The price tag argument especially was used against Pepe so often.
Then I got it bad, but yeah... Aouar won't be instant impact and it's very understandable. That's why I suggested Buendia before because he has some PL in his boots and he is quite good defending. Creating 80 chances is good while you are playing for relegation team. So I keep my idea of going for him. But it's unrealistic I fear.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Alexis ?
There is no thing such thing as a guaranteed "hit the ground" running thing, eveb if you move within the league

It hels though, on average

Finesse

Some comments here are just comical. Are we watching the same game. Aouar was red carded for a poor tackle..a bit harsh. Does not mean he wanted to be sent off or trying to engineer a move.

Lyon have 3 players to sell Aouar , Dembele and Depay . 2 of the 3 must go to fund buys for the current team. Lyon did not qualify for the CL. Their CL semis run actually masked a bad season . Last season was a poor campaign and financially they are not liquid due to the obvious economic situation. They have been expecting the big boys to come for their top 3 assets. Non of the big boys are coming in with big money. Barca want Depay and not pushing stupid figures. Arsenal have shown very strong interest for Aouar. Dembele has no suitors. Penambucano is playing the waiting game, but the window is closing and the clock is ticking. Do they revalue their players and sell now to have enough time to go for their targets? Or wait to the final days to get a bigger fee and little time to get their targets? This is where Edu is playing. Patience to see how the market reacts and who blinks. They are friends and our interest is well known. No other club has registered similar interest apart from tabloid talk.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Aouar is getting way too hyped up on here. People have already been comparing him to Iniesta ffs and not just in terms of play style but potential impact. He's being set up for a fall.

If we do buy him, and that's a big if, you have to give him at least a season before you even start judging him as a talent, given his relative inexperience, age and the fact he needs time to settle in a new club / country.

We've already seen with Pepe that some people have no patience. Big price tag players get slaughtered if they aren't immediately putting in world class performances.

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Not straight away no. Just like Pepe didn't start straight away.
Pepe didn't start straight away because he came back to pre-season late after the AFCON.

In any case, he became a regular starter from the third league game of the season.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Pepe didn't start straight away because he came back to pre-season late after the AFCON.

In any case, he became a regular starter from the third league game of the season.

Aouar's red card would carry over to here anyway wouldnt it? Probably wouldn't see him until after the international break if he joins between now and October 1st.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Some comments here are just comical. Are we watching the same game. Aouar was red carded for a poor tackle..a bit harsh. Does not mean he wanted to be sent off or trying to engineer a move.

Psst.. they were really joking, that's why the comments are comical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom