• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 946,468
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Didn't they buy Jeff for almost 30M?

Would be steal of the century if we get Aouar for 40M, but as I said there will likely be a ton of bonuses, getting CL, etc. so it will end up being close to the 60M they want anyway.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Need to get this deal over the line if we're wanting to get a serious steal for a deal here. If they sell somebody like Jeff before, then they'll be in a stronger position to ask for more.

I doubt they sell Jeff because there’s not a chance they get close to what they paid for him.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I doubt they sell Jeff because there’s not a chance they get close to what they paid for him.
They got him for €25m and Leverkusen have offered the same amount, but they are adamant that they want to make a profit on him.

Iceman10

Established Member
Good to see movement on this. No need to question how much Arsenal have apparently bid, the more important part is the two clubs apparently are in the thick of negotiations, meaning Lyon ownership recognizes it doesn’t have that much of a strong hand and has not walked away from the table.

D

Dial Square 1886

A transfer window is only a success like 8 months after it finishes and the team has had a positive season as a result of it. If Aouar comes in and fits into a system that also works well for other players and that produces results then it could be a success. If he comes in and it takes ages to sort out how to use him then not so much.

My instinct would be to go 4-3-3, play Xhaka as a 6 and Ceballos and Aouar as two 8's, with Aouar the more advanced. That would mean a move away from this 3-4-3 that's been working well for us. So changing the formation could disrupt things. Or you keep the formation and fit Aouar somewhere into it.

Yeah, I know what you mean.

The team who 'wins' the off-season, does not always end up doing well in the actual season.

However, my perception of the window after some lacklustre ones would be that we have made tangible strides in the right direction.

Only time will tell though as you say.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Lets talk about this in DMs.
raw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom