• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

How much will we spend?

How much will Arsenal spend in the summer transfer market?

• We'll make a profit

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Under £50m

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • £50m-100m

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • £100m+

Votes: 7 9.9%

• Total voters

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Best case scenario: 200m with Bellerin/Mustafi/Ramsey money. Get Dembele, Torreira, Koulibaly, Pavlenka and a couple of Mislintat gems, we'll be golden.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I've gone 50m to 100m but that's net spend. We will raise money from player sales so total spend could be well over £100m depending who we sell. My guess for final figure is £60m net

ThlRama

Player:Saka
AST did financial analysis. They also think that it'll be around £70m:
https://www.arsenaltrust.org/news/2...oldings-plc-half-yr-accounts-to-november-2017

Yeah, so basically a) it is... Bloody hell! Useless.

But looking at it from a financial perspective, it made a lot of sense that Wenger was let go of just about now, as it seems the board were hoping that the large investment of the previous year would pay off. It didn't and they thought it would be better to move on.

Dammit

Many people forget that we sign players in a financial package, which consists fee in installments or some of it upfront, wages during contract length, agent fee and incentives. That is why a signing like Mustafi is a disaster and the club wants to get rid asap.

Yes we get money from TV deals, tournament prize etc, but not all of that can go just into the fee we pay for the player.

I would say we will get rid of 3-4 players, we need to free up wages, because that's where we are hurting ourselves right now the most.

We will spend around 60-65m net imo. With agent fees etc it will rise above 70-75m.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

If we are only allowed to spend 50 from the board that is nothing unfortunately, maybe 1 big signing with that amount. :lol:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
£50m net

Sales of Mustafi and Ramsey will boost funds as well as our nomads, Akpom, Asano etc

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
£50m net

Sales of Mustafi and Ramsey will boost funds as well as our nomads, Akpom, Asano etc

Do you reckon Ramsey is 100% gone?

For me the following have to go -

Ospina - £5m
Mustafi - £20m
Chambers - £15m
Holding - loan maybe
Ramsey (if he doesn't sign a new deal) - £50m
Welbeck - 15m (Same position as Ramsey)
Jenksinon - lol
Lucas Perez - 5m
Akpom - no idea
Asano (Already off to Hannover)

If we really do have just £50m net to spend then that lot should rack up a good 100m on top. Obviously if Ramsey isn't sold it takes pressure off buying a replacement.

Leno - £20m
Sokratis - £15m
Evans - £3m
Soyuncu - £27m
Malcom/Pavon/Dembele - £40/30/50m

After player sales we should have enough to make the signings of Leno, Sokratis, Evans and Suyuncu along with a top winger. I have actual faith in Mislintat I feel like he knows what we need.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I think we will spend very little net. If no-one is sold expect 1 "major" signing and one or two cheap or free arrivals.

£50 million these days will only get you a relatively big signing if there are issues such as short time remaining on contract and if a club prepared to spend more money doesn't want him.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think we will spend very little net. If no-one is sold expect 1 "major" signing and one or two cheap or free arrivals.

£50 million these days will only get you a relatively big signing if there are issues such as short time remaining on contract and if a club prepared to spend more money doesn't want him.

We need a keeper, three centre backs if Mustafi is sold, a midfielder and a at least one winger. Mislintat actually knows what he's doing so I have faith we'll do the right business.

Early signs are good.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Do you reckon Ramsey is 100% gone?

For me the following have to go -

Ospina - £5m
Mustafi - £20m
Chambers - £15m
Holding - loan maybe
Ramsey (if he doesn't sign a new deal) - £50m
Welbeck - 15m (Same position as Ramsey)
Jenksinon - lol
Lucas Perez - 5m
Akpom - no idea
Asano (Already off to Hannover)

If we really do have just £50m net to spend then that lot should rack up a good 100m on top. Obviously if Ramsey isn't sold it takes pressure off buying a replacement.

Leno - £20m
Sokratis - £15m
Evans - £3m
Soyuncu - £27m
Malcom/Pavon/Dembele - £40/30/50m

After player sales we should have enough to make the signings of Leno, Sokratis, Evans and Suyuncu along with a top winger. I have actual faith in Mislintat I feel like he knows what we need.

No club is daft enough to pay 50M for Ramsey. If we get half of that we'd be lucky.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
We need a keeper, three centre backs if Mustafi is sold, a midfielder and a at least one winger. Mislintat actually knows what he's doing so I have faith we'll do the right business.

Early signs are good.
With the money we are likely to spend that is wishful thinking. Mustafi's value has just gone down by his not being called up for the World Cup. I have hopes for Chambers and Holding but if these three are sold they will barely raise enough cash to buy one Manolas. Leaving us with 2 fit senior centre-backs and a crock.

The winger will gobble up most if not all the £50 million warchest. So the only way a midfielder comes in is if Ramsey is sold. Even if this happens, if Wilshere walks on a free we will be 1 down in midfield from the current squad.

Those youth players had better be as good as we hope.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Many people forget that we sign players in a financial package, which consists fee in installments or some of it upfront, wages during contract length, agent fee and incentives. That is why a signing like Mustafi is a disaster and the club wants to get rid asap.

Yes we get money from TV deals, tournament prize etc, but not all of that can go just into the fee we pay for the player.

I would say we will get rid of 3-4 players, we need to free up wages, because that's where we are hurting ourselves right now the most.

We will spend around 60-65m net imo. With agent fees etc it will rise above 70-75m.
And if say Ramsey gets a bumper deal it will also have a massive impact on the budget. He is in a good negotiation position, so he will not only want a bigger wage, but also a big signing fee for himself, his agent, etc.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
No club is daft enough to pay 50M for Ramsey. If we get half of that we'd be lucky.
£50m might be excessive but being lucky to get £25m is totally wrong imo. Ramsey has proven to be a really reliable and good player in one of the toughest leagues. Chambo is much less proven at club and international level and fetched £35m was it? If clubs compete for Ramsey it could be upwards of £35m too, depends on the demand though.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
If we were to spend £50-70m net it simply wouldnt be good enough unless we sold one of Ramsey/Bellerin for upwards of £35m and got a cheaper alternative in as well as selling Mustafi and ridding of some of our fringe players like Jenko,Asano,Akpom,Perez. The wages + transfer fees from Mustafi, Ramsey/Bellerin, and the fringe players should be around £60m. If you add that to something like a base of 60m then we do have something to work with at around£120m altogether as well as freeing around 300k a week of wages.

I have more confidence this summer than any other in recent memory about the pro activeness of the club. I hope we chop and change because in recent years its been a joke how many terrible fringe players we have kept or loaned instead of just chopping out the squad

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I don't trust any of the reports on the alleged budget, be it the low end at £50 million or the top end at £200 million. I think we can safely assume it's somewhere in between. The £70 million figure probably seems most reasonable to me, although that's based on nothing in particular and the money is certainly there to spend much more if they choose.

The net spend, of course, will just depend on how things go. But whatever they spend, they have some work to do in the back.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane
Top Bottom