Ibrahima Konate

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by BobP, Feb 3, 2019.

1. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

Obviously Koulibaly should be the number 1 target. But I say realistic because he'll go for so so much.

2. BenTal

BenTal Active Member

Aubameyang came to Arsenal mostly because of his wage demand and at the time, we didn't have any competitor to sign him. The only one was AC Milan who refused to pay him the wage he was asking for. Provided that we can only offer "handsome salaries" and we follow the self-sustain policy, I don't see a real possibility for buying a big name with huge wage this summer unless Özil leaves ...

3. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

The self-sustaining model really has no practical effect on the wages Arsenal can offer in the summer. The problem in January was that (due to several years of poor financial decisions by Gazidis) the wage bill was right at the limit allowed by the Premier League's Short-Term Cost Control rules. But that resets in summer and Arsenal can increase its wage bill by £7 million plus increases in commercial revenue, match day income and player sales. New deals with Adidas and Emirates will kick in this summer and several players will be off the books, including Ramsey, Welbeck, Lichtsteiner and Cech, so they'll have those wages. It's also likely other players will leave as the club rebuilds the squad for Emery. Most likely Özil will be one, but even if he isn't you might see Mustafi, Elneny and possibly even Koscielny and/or Nacho moving on. All the wages of players who leave will be available before Arsenal even needs to worry about STCC.

4. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

I have no idea who he is but im pretty sure after a few pints i will pronounce his name as kante so lets get him in

5. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

Never seen him but looks as if he has proper BLACKED potential. His Fifa speed stats look good too.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    TheEconomist likes this.
  6. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

He's promising. Definitely a big prospect.

7. Newchange

Newchange Well-Known Member

Interested to see what happens with Konate this summer, kid has huge potential yet still raw. Upamecano is also doing well although he seems to possess quality of a CDM.

8. Zaza

Zaza Well-Known Member

Yes please!! These are the type of signings I want.

9. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

10. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

Would rather it was Upamecano we were interested in, but he's clearly out our price range, so it is what it is.

11. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

Interestingly, on the CIES transfer value tracker Konate has been trending up and Upamecano down. At the moment there's not much difference in their market value based on their scientific methodology. Less than €5 million.

12. neimad

neimad Well-Known Member

He's a big chap. Seems to have good acceleration on him too. Sign him up!!

13. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

Do they release anything like how their oredictive values correlate with actual real world fees?

How good actually are their valuations?

14. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

Well they value Mustafi at €40m and Xhaka at €63m so I’d say they’re a bit ****.

15. benjamin86

benjamin86 Well-Known Member

Big names arn't cheap, Koulibaly would be our entire budget.

16. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

Have to say watching this guy I really like him. Don't know what he's actually like because a 4 Min YouTube clip tells you nothing.

I love his comfort on the ball, passing, dribbling and pace

17. Aevi

Aevi Smooth Moderator

18. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

Never seen him play but I’ve always rated him. Hope we get him in.

19. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

Should just close the whole forum right now, never gonna see a more perfectly written sentence than this.

Rex Banter likes this.
  20. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

I watched a Leipzig game recently and he was absurdly dominant. He'd be interesting. Might have actually been the Bayern game.