• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Is Hoyte the real deal.

calvinngai88

Sorry, but I'm not an English, and I don't support England either. So there's no evidence of me being biased at all. Sometimes, club performances and national performances are different. Just like James Beattie and Paul Scholes, they don't do well in the national squad, but down to club level, they are one of the consistent performers, no doubt about that. And you've only seen him for england under-19 squad. Perhaps that's some time ago. As for now, if you looked at the friendlies he have played, you would be much more impressed.

He'll still be in Arsenal within two years, mark my words too.

lewdikris

Established Member
I think everything's being set-up for him to stay. An impressive year out on loan and then he can come back as a utility defender - 2nd choice right back (I 100% predict Lauren to leave next year if we buy a new right back), fourth choice centreback (with Cygan leaving next year as well).

That makes him the new Wes Brown, basically.

Then we'll see how good he is.

kel varnsen

Established Member
calvinngai88 said:
Sorry, but I'm not an English, and I don't support England either. So there's no evidence of me being biased at all. Sometimes, club performances and national performances are different. Just like James Beattie and Paul Scholes, they don't do well in the national squad, but down to club level, they are one of the consistent performers, no doubt about that. And you've only seen him for england under-19 squad. Perhaps that's some time ago. As for now, if you looked at the friendlies he have played, you would be much more impressed.

He'll still be in Arsenal within two years, mark my words too.

maybe he could do well as a central defender; but in my opinion he's not good enough going forward to play as a full back.

aaah, we'll see. hope i'm wrong, but i think hoyte is just another "hype"(thomas, volz, selley and so on...)...

Arnie

He was ok today. Made a couple of wrong balls but nothing majorly bad.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We cant really say if Hoyte is the 'real deal' or not - yet.

We'll have to wait and see how he does at the very highest level.

Mark

Established Member
I rate Hoyte. The kid has potential and most importantly, Wenger rates him highly. He could be a future RB for us or could make good backup in the CB department.

A

Anonymous

i'd love it if he could be "the real thing", but i highly doubt it. he won't make it; just wait and see. within two years he has left arsenal. mark my words...
But in all honesty, what do you know? You have seen "a couple" of his games, being 2. I wish i was such a good judge of player potential that after 2 games i can decide the players entire future at the club :|
I have watched hoyte for 3 solid years, he gets better and better, i said 2 years ago he will be the real deal, and after seing him come into the first team in carling cup and now friendlies i stand by my rating of him. He deserves a good chance in the squad this year and is a very good player. If wenger does right by him he will be another ashley cole, just on the right.
As for he cannot attack well, just imagine cole, then move him onto the right, change his colour and take a few years off, that is hoyte. He is very similar to cole in my opinion.

KingReyes

Established Member
Hope you're right Guv as I too think Hoyte has what it takes to make it at Arsenal. There is still a big leap from the Reserves to the first team but you can see that he already looks comfortable when playing in the first team. All he needs is games under his belt, Wenger let Bentley go out on loan because he needed games, he was too good for the reserves but just not ready for the first team. With Lauren and probably Trabelsi coming in he might have to do the same with Ipswich. But if Trabelsi doesn't come he could do the job.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I thought Justin looked as good as Clichy in the CC games last season, so I don't see why he wouldn't be able to cut in the first team. He's a very positive player, as we saw for a while yesterday.

A

Anonymous

It is just strange how wenger buys foreign players (young ones) and puts them straight in the team = clichy, whereas players with equal the amounts of potential = hoyte, are not given a chance.
Hoyte is clearly old enough and ready for the EPL, give him a chance as our 2nd place right back.

Aussie

Established Member
I rekon Wenger feels the need to give the young foreign players a very very good go to keep them happy as he thinks they are more likley to leave if they dont get a really good go while the pommy lads will stick around.

kel varnsen

Established Member
theguvnor said:
It is just strange how wenger buys foreign players (young ones) and puts them straight in the team = clichy, whereas players with equal the amounts of potential = hoyte, are not given a chance.
Hoyte is clearly old enough and ready for the EPL, give him a chance as our 2nd place right back.

What, are you kidding? Clichy is clearly a better player than Hoyte. Clichy is a great passer, good ball control and he's also a talented defender. Hoyte is a godd defender; but he's no good going forward.

Btw; there's a reason why wenger keeps buying foreign players. British players are overrated and too expensive.

calvinngai88

I'll prefer Hoyte to Clichy. Hoyte's more consistent and stable whereas Clichy isn't. He's still abit nervous at the back.

Jinn

Established Member
How can you say that? Clichy has played well in Premiership and Championship matches. Hoyte hasn't yet. There's no basis for any comparison between the two.

brianfrance

Established Member
Basis on the yesterday's match, Clichy played more than hoyte, but Hoyte did an excellent run and pass to Bergkamp who almost score a goal. Maybe Clichy was a bit out of form to attack. But he was good in defense. I'd like to see more Hoyte to have an objective opinon.

A

Anonymous

What, are you kidding? Clichy is clearly a better player than Hoyte. Clichy is a great passer, good ball control and he's also a talented defender. Hoyte is a godd defender; but he's no good going forward.

Btw; there's a reason why wenger keeps buying foreign players. British players are overrated and too expensive.
First i dont know how you can make these statements as you clearly havent seen much of hoyte. Second, i rate clichy very highly and by no means feel hoyte deserves more of a chance. I just find it strange that young foreign lads get straight into the team whilst equally good english lads are told to wait. This is something that some of the experienced long term coaches have now come out and said.
I am also not talking about buying british players, im talking about the good ones we already have not being shown a fair chance. Argue as much as you like, but at the end of the day i have seen ALOT of hoyte and i really do feel he is good enough for a shot at the big time.
As for him not being good enough going forward, what do you have to base this statement on? 1 game for the england under19's?
Hoyte is mustard, end of

Adam

Established Member
Justin Hoyte will make it in some capacity at Arsenal - whether first choice right back, or cb cover.

Let's see what Ryan Garry has to offer too.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Adam said:
Justin Hoyte will make it in some capacity at Arsenal - whether first choice right back, or cb cover.

Let's see what Ryan Garry has to offer too.

ryan garry could make it; i've seen him play a few times and he was impressive. great ball control and he's quite pacey...

back to hoyte; to whom it may concern:
implying that wenger prefers foreigners to british players is absurd. if the player is good enough; he'll get his chance.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom