• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
In 3 seasons, Maddison has missed 16 PL games....Not all through injury, some due to poor form.

In 3 seasons, Aubameyang has missed 13.
In 3 seasons, Xhaka has missed 23.
In 2 seasons, Tierney has missed 34.
In 2 seasons, Pepe has missed 16.
In 1 season, Partey has missed 14.
In 1 season, Gabriel has missed 15.

Maddison being injury prone is a bit of a myth really, especially in comparison to the above.
I remember Celtic fans on here telling us Tierney being injury prone was a myth. Look how that turned out.

Not saying it will be the same with Maddison, it’s a slightly different situation. I think with Maddison the injury fears are something which have come recently. I would still take him if our medical team thinks it’s okay I guess. There’s just a slight worry.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
This is our definition of top player now is it?

Christ.

Nothing against either, but both spent more time on treatment table than pitch.

To be fair to Tierney, when he has played he has looked pretty good (going forward anyway, about as ****e defensively as all our players).

Partey has it all the prove and not getting any younger either.
What a crap post.

Gn1212

I'm a reader and never a poster, but can't hold back any longer... Arsenal supporter since Charlie George Cup final in 71.. but never ceases to amaze me how delusional posters in here are.. in the name of God why would any young player with the potential of someone like Maddison or Laurentis sign for us at the present time, worid at their feet, pick of clubs with potential to play in champions league, etc etc... never been so delusioned in all my time supporting this club..but mid table mediocrity seems to be what is the norm for the foreseeable future
What other top club that can afford him are looking for an attacking midfielder? It's only Arsenal. I would assume you would know as a follower of football for so long that many players want certain things when they plan out their careers but it usually ends up different. Harry Kane was a gooner yet he is a Tottenham legend. Neymar was expected to win a couple of golden balls by now and he hasn't even won it yet.

Aouar tried being a snob last season and was waiting for a Juve or a Madrid to sign him, Lyon were looking for 40-50m too. Now he's available for 20m and nobody's touching him. His camp is now saying they were expecting Arsenal to bid for him.

It's simple really. Maddison has an offer to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world, despite recent struggles which would double his wages. Pretty easy decision to be fair.

ProspectFox

Too full of himself
I remember Celtic fans on here telling us Tierney being injury prone was a myth. Look how that turned out.

Not saying it will be the same with Maddison, it’s a slightly different situation. I think with Maddison the injury fears are something which have come recently. I would still take him if our medical team thinks it’s okay I guess. There’s just a slight worry.

Tierney was regularly missing 10+ games every season....He is injury prone.
Maddison isn't.

Plus, a large reason why he has been injured more regularly, along with others, is because of a lack of depth at the club.....Luckily that has been addressed this summer.

Last year, we had problems filling up a 25 man squad.....This year, we're gonna have to cut 2-3 players out.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I'm a reader and never a poster, but can't hold back any longer... Arsenal supporter since Charlie George Cup final in 71.. but never ceases to amaze me how delusional posters in here are.. in the name of God why would any young player with the potential of someone like Maddison or Laurentis sign for us at the present time, worid at their feet, pick of clubs with potential to play in champions league, etc etc... never been so delusioned in all my time supporting this club..but mid table mediocrity seems to be what is the norm for the foreseeable future
Any Arsenal supporter of your vintage should be embarrassed to write such a message.

We signed Dennis Bergkamp & David Platt after our worst season since the late 70s.

In the mid 70s, after flirting with relegation, we bought Malcolm Mcdonald, one of the best strikers in the country and then golden boot holder

in the 80s, during a run of bad season we bought England striker Tony Woodcock at his peak.

In the 60s we signed Joe Baker after 3 low mid-table finishes in a row.

Not too long ago we bought Aubamayang as a Europa League team.

This is feckin' Arsenal. We may have wet our pants the last few years after being gazzumped by Middle Eastern states and oligarchs, but we are still comfortably in the top 10 biggest, most valuable and best supported clubs on the planet. We pay about top 10 wages. We are in one of the most desirable locations in the world. We are the only club in England to have 'THE' as a regular moniker in front of our name.

Even among the current mess, we've won more trophies in the last 13 months than Sp**s have in 3 decades. The second half of last season we were a top 3 team. We have a great academy. We have young best 11, with many of our best players under 24. Ok, our owners are tossers, and jury's out on Edu and Arteta, but the Willian **** up aside, most of their signings have been good.

Sure Utd, City & Chavski have all the money to buy a new team every 2-3 years if they want, but they can't buy all the players. Sure we've a hard job, but we are still a massive draw for any player not at the absolute elite level.

Get the cannon back in your heart and re-find the cojones that so many on this board have lost. Things are a bit rubbish at the moment, but we are THE ARSENAL, 3rd most successful club in England and still better supported than Guardialo's front for a regime of mass human rights abuse.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
You won't be missed.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Any Arsenal supporter of your vintage should be embarrassed to write such a message.

We signed Dennis Bergkamp & David Platt after our worst season since the late 70s.

In the mid 70s, after flirting with relegation, we bought Malcolm Mcdonald, one of the best strikers in the country and then golden boot holder

in the 80s, during a run of bad season we bought England striker Tony Woodcock at his peak.

This is feckin' Arsenal. We may have wet our pants the last few years after being gazzumped by Middle Eastern states and oligarchs, but we are still comfortably in the top 10 biggest, most valuable and best supported clubs on the planet. We pay about top 10 wages. We are in one of the most desirable locations in the world. We are the only club in England to have 'THE' as a regular moniker in front of our name.

Even among the current mess, we've won more trophies in the last 13 months than Sp**s have in 3 decades. The second half of last season we were a top 3 team. We have a great academy. We have young best 11, with many of our best players under 24. Ok, our owners are tossers, and jury's out on Edu and Arteta, but the Willian **** up aside, most of their signings have been good.

Sure Utd, City & Chavski have all the money to buy a new team every 2-3 years if they want, but they can't buy all the players. Sure we've a hard job, but we are still a massive draw for any player not at the absolute elite level.

Get the cannon back in your heart and re-find the cojones that so many on this board have lost. Things are a bit rubbish at the moment, but we are THE ARSENAL, 3rd most successful club in England and still better supported than Guardialo's front for a regime of mass human rights abuse.
This is probably the most enjoying wall of text i read recently. Beautiful and on point as well!

Alexs

I don't think it's fair to be hostile to a 1st time poster. He's entitled to an opinion.

Sure, we are one of the great clubs of world football and can attract great players but there's always been and always will be a pecking order.

I started watching the year we signed SuperMac. A few years later I watched Brady leave, Stapleton leave, it broke my heart. Later still I watched Patrick leave, Nasri leave, RVP leave and so on.

I'm with you as a fan but I don't think the modern player shares our view of history, past success and heritage. Players come here for the club, the location, the money, success, trophies, titles, and they leave for much the same reasons.

The great players who've given us their best years like Henry and Bergkamp or all their years like Adams, they get statues and rightly so.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Great post and great reminder what Arsenal is. We are a huge club.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I find it hard to have any pride with Arsenal, they always find new creative ways to embarrass me. It’s been a PR disaster and ethical minefield in recent times, with an insensitive absentee owner who has entrusted the club to madmen and amateurs. I find the treatment of certain players and staff associated with the club in general quite sad if I am honest.

I’m not even gonna start with the (online) fanbase.

Whatever class the club had left with Wenger. That said, the club could recruit most players within reason including Maddison.

The club has to go a long long way to go to restore some of the blind optimism and all round good faith it was once afforded from myself.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

This is low-key one of the best retorts I’ve seen on this forum. Sh*t made me feel like I was Steve Rodgers holding Mjölnir for the first time.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
This is our definition of top player now is it?

Christ.

Nothing against either, but both spent more time on treatment table than pitch.

To be fair to Tierney, when he has played he has looked pretty good (going forward anyway, about as ****e defensively as all our players).

Partey has it all the prove and not getting any younger either.
RVP spent most of his time on the treatment table. I guess he wasn't a top player either.

SlyFox

Agree, there was an improvement last season, but getting in the box for Leicester is different from getting in the box for Arsenal. We build up so slow that we are playing against a deep block. Leicester attack at pace, stretch teams and create space for runners.

Maddison wouldn't be a bad signing, but for me, he won't be as good as some think. I'd still much prefer Ødegaard who i think has top class potential.
That’s not how we play other than against about 6 teams, who afford us less time on the ball. Generally we play against 10 behind the ball and buildup is slow due to that.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

We're a huge club and one of the richest clubs in the world. If Maddison was being courted by a bigger club who are higher in the league he'd pick them over us sure. But he isn't.

These days if a club persue a player it's because the players agent has indicated he's happy to join the bidding club.

Nothing unusual about a sleeping giant picking up elite players, see United/Liverpool in the last decade.

zilfy

Thankyou, I really needed to hear this!

It's so easy to forget all that amidst the doom and gloom

Goonger

I find it hard to have any pride with Arsenal, they always find new creative ways to embarrass me. It’s been a PR disaster and ethical minefield in recent times, with an insensitive absentee owner who has entrusted the club to madmen and amateurs. I find the treatment of certain players and staff associated with the club in general quite sad if I am honest.

I’m not even gonna start with the (online) fanbase.

Whatever class the club had left with Wenger. That said, the club could recruit most players within reason including Maddison.

The club has to go a long long way to go to restore some of the blind optimism and all round good faith it was once afforded from myself.

The club was here well before the Kroenke's, & will be here well after the Kroenke's, don't let a temporary regime wear you down, Arsenal are much bigger then them.

Remember, form is temporary, class is permanent.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Yeh the owners have ****ed us over as it is, cant let them change our perception of the club. They were the real reason for the Wenger out parade in the stadium for example (they divided the fan base and still do- rich people in power seem to see benefit in this). They’ve been the reason for showing no class during the pandemic to our staff etc. Or why we look like such a mess on AFTV.

Of course they damage our reputation to other fans but we gotta remember the truth, that before a random individual bought us for billions, we were the classiest they come. Even now though compare us to Chelsea. That disgusting club has had so much controversy surrounding it like fan racism, pedo coaches, completely disrespecting a female club doctor, and ****ing ruining football with blood money. And then the media kiss their ass because they brought more ‘competition’ into the league while slating the real clubs like us.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arsenal will have to decline much further, and over a much longer period of time, to not attract quality players.

We aren't what we once were, but as others have said, we will always be a draw....despite being crap the last few years, we still tempted Auba and Partey away from Champions League clubs.

We have a "The" in front of our name for a reason!

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom