• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jeff Reine-Adelaide: Just Call Him Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make it here.

Clearly talented but probability says he won't become a top player. That's just how it is with academies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Thats it, tell all youth players to pack their bags and go home according to this bloke ....
According to probability, not me.

I'm a numerical person, numbers don't lie. The percentage of academy players who make it as first teamers is crazy low.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Jeff's not academy though , Wenger brought him in to play in the first squsad . Like Fab , Ramsey etc .

Thats a good point. Same with the Nigerian 18 yr old we just bought, if he breaks through in a couple of years we wont class him as an academy player.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Jeff literally joined just over a year ago, how's he an academy player? We wouldn't have signed or put so much faith in him if we didn't think he was incredibly talented with a good chance of making it.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

He's one of those players who you look at for the first time and know there's something special about him. It was so evident in the Emirates cup last year he had exceptional quality and had confidence about him to match it.

It'll be interesting to see how he gets on this pre-season.

Yes when I saw this guy in the Emirates Cup holding up the ball , you could tell straight away he was super class . He is the one the most archetypal Wenger players I have seen .

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
And he's almost a year older than Mbappe...
Truth is, Jeff isn't considered as a special talent in France. À few games this season could obviously change that.
Jeff's got the physique, technical ability and dribbling skills - problem is he plays as an attacking midfielder/winger but he doesn't score or assist enough.

Said the same about Willock when he played at the U17 World Cup last year - he plays in forward positions but he needs to do more in the final 3rd. This is something he has now added to his game, scoring relatively important goals aswell (in the FAYC semi, goals in the playoff semi and final).

Jeff has to do the same thing IMO. Sometimes he looks fantastic on the ball but in the final 3rd sometimes looks very impotent other than his dribbles. His passing looks a lot better in deeper positions, where he can use his dribbling to make space in the middle areas then release the ball. He's still a huge talent IMO, but Wenger needs to - as @The_Playmaker said in the other thread - give him an identity, a role for him to grow into. I think CM would be good.

carlitobrigante

I was really dissapointed after watching him start in the first pre season match. I expected to see a really hungry player desperate to impose himself and force his way into the team.

Instead i saw very little effort, and very little of note that was impressive.

Far too early to judge, but he really needs to up his game and seize this chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom