• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joel Campbell: Got Out While He Could

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Malta

I think he's potentially a solution to the winger problem. We certainly need to be in the market for a striker but I've also felt we needed to be in the market for a winger, with Theo likely to miss season's start we're dreadfully short on natural wing players, Campbell could rectify that.

Joel could come in and act as Theo's back-up/a competitor for the LW spot and also act as our 3rd string striker if we bring in someone to compete with Giroud.

Herbas

What is Joel's defensive workrate compared to Walcott, Cazorla, Podolski? It's quite obvious that Wenger wants his WFs to put a decent defensive shift.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Herbas said:
What is Joel's defensive workrate compared to Walcott, Cazorla, Podolski? It's quite obvious that Wenger wants his WFs to put a decent defensive shift.

People commented it was very good at Betis.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Campbell isn't going anywhere after a performance like that against Uruguay, star of the tournament for me so far.

Anzac

Established Member
Agreed with comments being made that if he wasn't already ours we'd be clamouring for him as a hidden gem signing ahead of the likes of Sanchez, Pedro or Griezmann.
Whilst he may not be as established/consistent as those named, he's also not likely to demand playing time as a starter as yet, and would also enable AW to retain the current roles and shape.
He also enables AW to start to play/develop Ox to become the B2B/CMA that he alluded to as being his eventual position/role.

Anzac

Established Member
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
Herbas said:

People commented it was very good at Betis.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.whoscored.com/Players/95977/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.whoscored.com/Players/95977/</a>

Described as being a strength.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
The Jury said:
Dokaka said:
I can't get off the hype train for Campbell, can't stop thinking he could be the best Arsenal forward since Henry :lol:

Very few players have that confidence and swagger he showed against Uruguay. You see it from time to time in rare talents.

Stay on that ******* train with me son. I'll get the beers in. :D

I was the first on the hype train mate, though I'll acknowledge that you jumped on pretty early. :D

Thinking about it I'm tempted to start a talent scout business on the side, I'd have quite a few players by now signed for a couple quid that went for big bucks.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I genuinely scouted this boy :cool:

I was posting that I really hoped Wenger signed him long before we were linked with him. June 5th, 2011 was the day. It was his extraordinary left foot that took the eye. He just waved it like a wand; and at 17, you know it's only getting better. When you have a tool like that in the game of football, it's always worth a punt. People overlook stuff like that for physical attributes these days :lol:

Bebe.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Youre in for a lot of stick if he ends up being ****! But I believe.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Nah, people here are generally too classy to kick the crap out of me if he doesn't become Pele. Anyway, I think he's over the required threshold to make me safe from the odd bastard that might want to stick the boot in if he doesn't kick on again and become truly world class! He's kind of lit up a WC after all. That's a fair way to come from CONCACAF u20 qualifiers almost exactly 3 years to the day.

What's he worth right now? I think we might have made a profit.

Jasard

Yeah doing it on the big stage is what it's all about. Is it weird Costa Rica are who I look forward to seeing the most now? :lol:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Just thinking, its clear Wenger is looking at South American football (a place he views as having the best strikers) with Campbell and Wellington da Silva, just seems like the Campbell move may pay off.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Yup, Costa Rica is the team I am looking forward the most. I am not expectin miracles from him in next two games, but its little things that show you how good of a player he is right now, and how good of a player he can become. Thats what I look at and cant wait for a friday game

say yes

forum master baiter
Kanonier said:
If he were South American or European he would already be a starter at Arsenal and Arsenal fans would be salivating over him. If Arsenal does not value him then sell him and he'll prove you all wrong. He's done 10x better than Ryo Miyaichi, Serge Gnabry or Yaya Sanogo yet people here still doubt his abilities. Unbelievable!

Despite all the rejection from Arsenal he only wants to be a Gunner and won't have his "head turned easily" like some claim here.

If he was South American or European he probably wouldn't be starting for his national team, let alone for Arsenal.

Doing 10x better than those three players is hardly much of an achievement. Ryo/Yaya are ****. Serge has the German NT to break into, and has performed well on his few chances with Arsenal.

No idea on what basis you can claim he won't 'have his head turned easily' as well.

No offence, (I'm a fan of campbell), but your reasoning in this post is pretty ****.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
say yes said:
Kanonier said:
If he were South American or European he would already be a starter at Arsenal and Arsenal fans would be salivating over him. If Arsenal does not value him then sell him and he'll prove you all wrong. He's done 10x better than Ryo Miyaichi, Serge Gnabry or Yaya Sanogo yet people here still doubt his abilities. Unbelievable!

Despite all the rejection from Arsenal he only wants to be a Gunner and won't have his "head turned easily" like some claim here.

If he was South American or European he probably wouldn't be starting for his national team, let alone for Arsenal.

Doing 10x better than those three players is hardly much of an achievement. Ryo/Yaya are ****. Serge has the German NT to break into, and has performed well on his few chances with Arsenal.

No idea on what basis you can claim he won't 'have his head turned easily' as well.

No offence, (I'm a fan of campbell), but your reasoning in this post is pretty ****.

Agreed with this, does anyone not recall the trouble we had getting him on his first contract when he tried to hold out for more money. He still has it all to prove, Giovanni Dos Santos looks a player but we know how good he actually is. I'm not saying not to be optimistic about him but him slotting in at CF or at WF is crazy talk right now.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I think it's incredibly unfair and just as baseless to say he might get his head turned just because his advisers, or even he himself, may have wanted more money when negotiating a move. What player in 2014 can't potentially have his head turned? It's absurd. What else can we worry him doing? Wanting to sign for Real Madrid? Oh, nobody's done that before.

Jasard

People on here generally have absurd requirements for new signings

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Jasard said:
People on here generally have absurd requirements for new signings

What? that he shouldn't be looking at a no-name team in Eastern Europe because they'd pay him slightly more money, in doing so going against the advice of his club. And you know who was advising him to go for the money his Father - not like he's going to stop listening to him is it?

People are expecting him to come in and be a choice not a right wing forward where he plays but at CF, wtf. What has he actually done, relatively nothing. Ox is a far better player IMO and he can't get in the team, what bloody chance does Campbell of doing it.

People are saying his numbers aren't bad for Greece. Can you imagine if Ox or Gnabry were out there, they'd be ripping the league apart.

Look he might come good but he has 2 years left on his contract and has proven to be money motivated rather than football motivated. I'm not saying we shouldn't give him a chance but this is another player that everyone gets hyped about and we would end up being short; or God forbid we don't play him every match in which case it will be a stick to beat Wenger with. First priority is to get that contract extended by at least a year because if he comes good this year he'll have one year lef ton the contract and offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Back
Top Bottom