• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Buffon with inflation must be 50m+.

with normal inflation or football inflation?
Juve bought him in 2001 that 33m is like 85m now in football

I'd say even higher, that summer (2001) Real paid £45.8m for Zidane, the best player in the world at the time, they have just a £103m bid rejected for someone who has basically played one season of professional football (in the French league).

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
With both factored in Juve had a monster transfer window! Buffon, Thuram, Nedved, Salas, Zenoni. 120-145m depending where you look.

GDeep™

League is very weak
What will happen is that no one will sign Pickford, he will stay at Sunderland, the hype will die, Sunderland won't get promotion next season and next summer Pickford leaves for 15Mish.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
What will happen is that no one will sign Pickford, he will stay at Sunderland, the hype will die, Sunderland won't get promotion next season and next summer Pickford leaves for 15Mish.
More likely he'll go to Everton thier local media said few weeks ago they are very interested to buy him and will pay 17M pounds.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
With both factored in Juve had a monster transfer window! Buffon, Thuram, Nedved, Salas, Zenoni. 120-145m depending where you look.

It was, although essentially they simply looted their rivals, same as always.
Especially annoying as that Parma team (with Buffon, Thuram, Cannavaro, Veron, Chiesa and Crespo) would have been truly epic if they could have kept it together.

Malky

Established Member
I said it in the 'Szczesny thread' but if Sunderland are wanting £30M for Pickford and there's talk that Milan could sell Donnarumma for around £40-50M then I would rather we spend the extra money and sign the 'new Buffon' and have, potentially, the worlds best for the next 15 years+

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
never understood why we want him. he will rot on our bench. if he somehow plays he wont be good enough.
szczesney should be brought back for free rather than this guy for 18-30m whatever he will cost
dont need to take gambles like that on GKs its not anything like the striker market

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Not a big enough sample size for this guy. Wouldn't pay more than £15m.

Szczesny has looked like a boss in Italy this season so I don't see why you would even be in for a keeper. Szczesny #1, Cech as a backup. Sorted.

Yep, crazy to spend money on a keeper when we have so much to sort out elsewhere. Szcz, Cech, Martinez, let Ospina go.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Would be a positive move. I'd be pretty damn happy if we did it since I don't expect the club to have that forward thinking nous and ruthlessness.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
We sold Szczesny to sign Pickford... Poverty stuff.
How? Pickford is 4 years younger and arguably the better premier league keeper already. If unloading Szczesny let's us offset the cost of sorting ourselves at keeper for the next decade while retaining the funds needed to go after the likes of Mbappe then how could that possibly be anything but a positive?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

If we sell Ospina we'll probably go for Pickford, think Wenger still rates Ospina tho.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Ospina is gone too he won't stay here to play cup games he want to be number 1 too. i don't think Pickford would come here if he sit on the bench if we buy him then he should be our number 1 we not going to pay 20M for a guy to make him play only cup we could save that for outfield player and Make Martinez as our number 2.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Martinez is not good enough to get a move at lower level football so I don't see why we should be happy with him here let alone be 2nd choice. Also we could buy Pickford and try to keep Ospina or sell him but get a veteran keeper with a good amount of top level experience for 3rd choice. Should be cheap as hell. Chelsea got Ricardo for nothing and he is a highly experienced pro sitting on the bench on the end of his career.

I don't see a problem with playing him 2nd choice and in cup games at all. Its not just signing a keeper for one season and we have to be forward thinking as well as opportunistic in the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom