• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
he said we have 4 GKs? is he including Szcesney then? I hope that means hes bringing him back.
The issue is we arent very active in the market, we dont usually offload players so easily, I find it hard to be confident that wenger will kick Ospina out and persuade Szceseny to stay

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Ospina seem off this summer he has offer from turkish side and turkish side don't have problem they'll buy him not take him on loan.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I feel like Wenger is not ready to replace Cech, especially with his amazing form recently, but we've all started to notice his decline since joining us.

A good deal might be to give Szcesny Europe, as well as domestic cups and maybe even a few BPL games for a season and then make him first choice. Like what Sp**s did with Friedel and Lloris

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I feel like Wenger is not ready to replace Cech, especially with his amazing form recently, but we've all started to notice his decline since joining us.

A good deal might be to give Szcesny Europe, as well as domestic cups and maybe even a few BPL games for a season and then make him first choice. Like what Sp**s did with Friedel and Lloris
Scezesny won't stay here to play europe games he is 26 years old i don't think he'll waste a year sitting on the bench.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
well then i doubt he will stay then, because I dont think wenger has the balls to tell Cech hes no longer needed

Malky

Established Member
Brilliant performance from Pickford tonight, saved Sunderland from complete embarrassment. He's also probably gained them an extra couple of £Millions in the summer.
That said, I don't think we'll be signing him. Sunderland currently value him at around £25-30M and we'll need that for a midfielder and an attacker, possibly two or three if Özil/Sanchez leave.
Plus we still have a better keeper on loan, who'll cost us nothing to bring back here and is more than ready to be first choice, Pickford is still a baby for a keeper and has had a few bad games this season and will no doubt have more as he matures.

Last edited:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Brilliant performance from Pickford tonight, saved Sunderland from complete embarrassment. He's also probably gained them an extra couple of £Millions in the summer.
That said, I don't think we'll be signing him. Sunderland currently value him at around £25-30M and we'll need that for a midfielder and an attacker, possibly two or three is Özil/Sanchez leave.
Plus we still have a better keeper on loan, who'll cost us nothing to bring back here and is more than ready to be first choice, Pickford is still a baby for a keeper and has had a few bad games this season and will no doubt have more as he matures.

It's also easy to over hype shot stopping goalkeepers at poor clubs. These guys get peppered all day, and after about 5 decent saves, the commentator is having an orgasm about how well they are playing. They get more practice too, constantly being tested. Look at Mignolet at Sunderland, I remember thinking hes a really good keeper.. and look how he turned out to be.

If Wenger actually wants a first team keeper then Szcesny is defo our man, he loves this club too

Malky

Established Member
Scezesny won't stay here to play europe games he is 26 years old i don't think he'll waste a year sitting on the bench.
I agree, (he's 27 ;)) but you're right. At that age he'll want to be first choice in League and European games.

Cech has been good the past few games, but personaly that doesn't make up for his poor form the rest of the season, especially when Szczesny has been one of Europe's top keepers.
Even on Cech's current form Szczesny still benches him.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I agree, (he's 27 ;)) but you're right. At that age he'll want to be first choice in League and European games.

Cech has been good the past few games, but personaly that doesn't make up for his poor form the rest of the season, especially when Szczesny has been one of Europe's top keepers.
Even on Cech's current form Szczesny still benches him.

Has Szczesny been that good? Thats crazy. Im just worried about what Wenger will do, hes not ruthless or active in the window

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Has Szczesny been that good? Thats crazy. Im just worried about what Wenger will do, hes not ruthless or active in the window

Even read about several articles with numerous statistics claiming Szczesny was number 1 in Europe.
Maybe I find the links again

Overall I like Pickford but agree with some in here that it's not the right move to make
if you might even have a better option in Szczesny for free and can focus on
spending real money on targets needed.
Feels good to finally not have such immense problems for keepers like a few years back

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
That is a bit ambitious but fair when you look at a few details. His original price would be around 10-15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Latest posts

Top Bottom