• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joseph Yobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

longrufus

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
Sometimes he looks very good but other times he looks pretty average.

Spot on assesment.
When he signed for Everton he said he had offers from both United and Arsenal but they both wanted him to give up international football, which he wouldnt do.

f4evo

Joseph Yobo!
did all the other defenders in the world get wiped out by a killer disease?

maradonad2g

Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger is preparing an £8million bid for Everton defender Joseph Yobo. (the people)

he had a good african nations but for 8 million no way

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
I remember when Kolo came to Arsenal in 2002, same year Yobo joined Everton. At the time, many pundits compared Yobo to Toure and to my surprise they predict Yobo to be more succesful than Kolo in the near future. That's not the case now. Both are the same age by the way

Everton fan here. You are all criminally underrating Joey Yobo. Comparing him to Senderos and Cygan, even jokingly, is an insult! On his day he is one of the best centre backs in the league bar none and is certainly better than Senderos, Campbell and Cygan. Him and Toure together would be excellent and you won't get anyone better for the price.

The only drawback with Yobo is that he occasionally has lapses in concentration but that's not often and overall he is a very good player, athletetic and still young for his position- about 25. Most Evertonians want him to stay but his contract will be up next summer and if he doesn't sign an extension soon then we'll have to sell.

And yes, Juventus and yourselves tried to sign him before he came to us. Now you and Marseille both want him. I don't think such clubs would be interested if he wasn't a good player- do you?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Joey Yobo?? who the hell calls him that?

and no offence, but he isnt really an improvement on anyone we have bar Cygan...

maradonad2g

its only really been last season when yobo came back from injury and start of this season when he wasnt really in the team that he's had lapses before that he was very solid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom