• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibby

Established Member
Re: Karim Benzema!

Thommybhoy said:
That's the spirit :D

Also:
ESPN and Francefootball wrote about Benzema coming here??!!
<a class="postlink" href="http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.francefootball.fr%2FFF%2Fbreves2009%2F20090628_131820_benzema-finalement-a-arsenal.html&sl=fr&tl=en&history_state0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... ory_state0</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm officially confused now :)
The source is the Sunday Times, the orginal link.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

I think it's utterly pointless to exchange a player for another and losing money on the deal unless he's an improvement on what we've got. And Benzema isn't better than Ade right now. He may very well be but in any case his attitude problems has probably put Wenger off.

I think people are staring too much at what others have. We've got talent to match Benzema in Vela already, just give him a few years. We've got strikers to match his end product in Ade and Eduardo. What we don't have is a defensive ****ing midfielder that can last throughout a whole season and is able to break up play. Sort it out and we'll be challenging next season with the squad we already have.

thegame24

Established Member

Why should we be worried about city at the present time?

ATM with all transfers done so far, man united are the weakest team of the top 4.

If ade is sold, any 20-30 million signing is possible due to the large sale of ade, so stop sayin oh it wil never happen, very annoying.

Hypothetical question, if you could only take one of ribery,benzema who would you pick? You can answer in two ways 1) with ade in our team 2) without ade in our team

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Both of them are a bit overrated, but still:

Without Ade: Benzema.

With Ade: none of them. We've got Arshavin already who's playing more as a striker than a midfielder (though his workrate was quite impressive once he started getting used to Premier League). It won't work with both him and Ribery in the team unless we're about to push both our central midfielders back into the middle circle. And that, I'm afraid, would be a terrible waste of the awesomeness that is Cesc Fabregas.

qs

Established Member

With Ade then Ribery because while I think we're strong out wide making Ribery first choice with Nasri as back up is amazing. Without Ade we need a top class striker in and Benzema is certainly that.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

i think Ribery would compensate for the loss of Ade by making the penetrative runs and serving up the likes of RvP and Nik/Eddy/Vela/Theo on a golden platter..

lagos

Established Member

USArsenal said:
i think Ribery would compensate for the loss of Ade by making the penetrative runs and serving up the likes of RvP and Nik/Eddy/Vela/Theo on a golden platter..

That's my thinking too. An Ade/Benzema in/out is just going to turn out more of the same.

qs

Established Member

Ribery is quality but so is Benzema. I don't think adding Ribery to a team without Ade would mean we'd score as many goals as a team with Benzema in Ades place. I think with Arshavin, Fab, Nasri, Rosicky etc all supplying Benzema he'd score huge numbers. He'd be as good as Torres IMO.

qs

Established Member

lagos said:
USArsenal said:

That's my thinking too. An Ade/Benzema in/out is just going to turn out more of the same.

I think Benzema is a level above Adebayor, that being the very top level of players in the world.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

although, i think Benzema is a bit more clinical in his finishing, but with Ribery, Cesc and Arshavin getting the ball into good positions, I could probably score 15 goals..

replace Ade with Ribery and I think we would be stronger IMO.. seriously, i mean can you imageine:

......RvP.....Nik/Eddy/Theo/Vela

Ribery.........Cesc..........Arshavin

...........Song

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

qs said:
lagos said:
USArsenal said:

I think Benzema is a level above Adebayor, that being the very top level of players in the world.
i disagree.. i dont see him being on a level above.. i see him MAYBE "slightly" a better finisher with less movement and physicality..

Ribery is a certified nightmare for opposing defenses and could give our other forwards loads of chances.. even Bendtner could score 20 with them serving him up

lagos

Established Member

qs said:
lagos said:
USArsenal said:

All good strikers need providers, even the best. If the providers don't improve, the very best strikers can only marginally improve you (if at all)

But bear in mind in everything I say, I don't know too much about Benzema. My position is based on my view that our problem isn't our strikers but our creativity in midfield and lack of goal scoring midfielders.

stuart

Established Member

Admittedly i've seen very little of Benzema but when i have watched him i think he's looked awful.

Jameel46

Established Member

Like many I think it's too good to be true but I can't help but get excited by this even though I know it's unlikely to happen. finger crossed though.

1240 BST: Real Madrid have offered in the region of £27m for Arsenal and Manchester United target Karim Benzema after switching their attention to the 21-year-old Lyon striker from Valencia forward David Villa. (Spanish sports newspaper Marca)

RammiXP

This will never happen niether will Ribery.

WE WILL NEVER SPEND 20mil PLUS on any player MARK MY WORDS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom