• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Kieran Tierney (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuBB

We really shouldn't sell, unless he is very unhappy. We got no credible backup for Zinchenko.

Lets say we got 40-50m for Tierney...

A 20-25m replacement player who stylistically fits better than Tierney is a better option than Tierney.

Tierney is absolutely a stellar LB who does traditional LB things at a Top 4 level. But it is clear that Arteta doesn't value that in the ways he wants to play football. We've literally watched him start or bring on Tomiyasu ahead of him, even when KT was available.

Alternatively, if you could get a player of Tierney's style for half of what you could sell Tierney for, again considering that they'd be a backup or rotation player, you do that too. Because you'd have to be 100% sure Tierney was not only happy being 2nd choice, but also being played in a way he's not suited to.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Lets say we got 40-50m for Tierney...

A 20-25m replacement player who stylistically fits better than Tierney is a better option than Tierney.

Tierney is absolutely a stellar LB who does traditional LB things at a Top 4 level. But it is clear that Arteta doesn't value that in the ways he wants to play football. We've literally watched him start or bring on Tomiyasu ahead of him, even when KT was available.

Alternatively, if you could get a player of Tierney's style for half of what you could sell Tierney for, again considering that they'd be a backup or rotation player, you do that too. Because you'd have to be 100% sure Tierney was not only happy being 2nd choice, but also being played in a way he's not suited to.
I don't see them paying that much for him, and we still have to find the replacement. I guess at the end you have to trust the management on how they deal with this. He is too good to sit on the bench, but a deal needs to be right for the club too.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Ideally I'd want to keep him. It's good to have some different profiles in the squad, Tierney can offer something completely different from Zinchenko as he's defensively solid and tends to overlap more. If we need to protect a narrow lead he's the first guy I'd bring on the pitch.

However I don't think he is happy in London. Being a starter at Newcastle and closer to home is much more attractive than staying here.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Kieran at the back. Gabby in the attack. I hope Kieran to stay at least one more season.

Although I enjoy the team’s campaign this season, it is inspiring to watch how Kieran combining with Gabby and ESR on the left season(s) ago.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If he is going this summer, would like to see us get at least £40-45 million for him. 3 years to go on his contract and a regular in his international side. Saudi Castle can cough up if they really want him.
He has no future here. He is only used as emergency or resting Zinchenko. The manager don’t rate him. Even Tomiyasu started ahead of him as lb

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
He has no future here. He is only used as emergency or resting Zinchenko. The manager don’t rate him. Even Tomiyasu started ahead of him as lb
Yes so £45 million is a fair price in the current market. The club has to run a hard sale here and not give him away for peanuts because Arteta doesn’t fancy him. He would be first choice at the majority of clubs up and down the country.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yes so £45 million is a fair price in the current market. The club has to run a hard sale here and not give him away for peanuts because Arteta doesn’t fancy him. He would be first choice at the majority of clubs up and down the country.

The player has fallen down the picking order and I doubt Arsenal is gonna ask for too much for a player the manager don’t fancy. 45 million is pipe dream. This is an example where everyone want to go separate ways and no one is gonna risk that

LittleMo

Not playing devalues players. We won’t get what he’s probably really worth if they were trying to get a first team regular. £30m-odd is more likely.

SuperMikel

A calm and collected individual.
I don't see them paying that much for him, and we still have to find the replacement. I guess at the end you have to trust the management on how they deal with this. He is too good to sit on the bench, but a deal needs to be right for the club too.
They paid 45m for Antony Gordon who is rubbish. Tierney is a genuine qaulity player. If Newcastle are serious, they can offer a serious fee. After all, they are backed by King Abdul and now look like they have CL money.

baccy_man

Established Member
The source is probably BS but if there is any thing to it I would not mind Tierney going to City, They have sold us a couple of decent player in Jesus and Zinny, so selling them Tierney could help to sweeten any future deals.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The source is probably BS but if there is any thing to it I would not mind Tierney going to City, They have sold us a couple of decent player in Jesus and Zinny, so selling them Tierney could help to sweeten any future deals.

When was the last time you saw Pep play with an up and down the flank fullback like Tierney? Obviously bullshit.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Saw these rumours a few days ago. KDB feeding Haaland from the right, KT overlapping Grealish feeding Haaland from the left. Makes sense.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
KT is a quality player there’s no surprise top PL teams are being linked with him.

I think he still is of massive use to us, the issue he’s had this season is that we play with 3 “defenders” and 1 build up guy at the back, and it’s always fallen on him to be a build up guy rather than a “defender”.

I think if we get someone next season that can offer what Zinechenko does when we have the ball from right back, it will allow KT or maybe even Kiwior game time as the “LCB” when we have the ball.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

KT is a quality player there’s no surprise top PL teams are being linked with him.

I think he still is of massive use to us, the issue he’s had this season is that we play with 3 “defenders” and 1 build up guy at the back, and it’s always fallen on him to be a build up guy rather than a “defender”.

I think if we get someone next season that can offer what Zinechenko does when we have the ball from right back, it will allow KT or maybe even Kiwior game time as the “LCB” when we have the ball.
Interesting point. Sometimes Walker plays as a third centre back. KT could do that on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom