• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Krystian Bielik (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
Not on board with the Emery bashing on this one.

Bielik is a kid with just one season of tier 3 football under his belt. He needs playing time to continue his development and no manager worth his salt is going to give somebody so untested serious PL minutes next season as we try to break into the CL

Another loan (to a more difficult league) is clearly the next step up. Championship or the Bundesliga would be ideal. Need the kid to stay grounded and work his way up. He looks a real talent but he’s got nowhere near enough on his CV to start demanding a role in the first team yet.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Completely agree. He may not have a top flight season under his belt, but he did good in the Championship and had a full season there. More than you can say about e.g. Mavropanos or youth team players. On top of that he had a good U21 tournament. Don't get why people want the talent groomed and under contract at the club shipped out for pennies and then go out and splash sums like 30m on exterior talent with just slighlty more top flight experience, especially in light of a tight budget.

I mean, it's nice to get Saliba, but then let's take a look at the options already at the club not yet tested. Bielik could easily be used to take 4th CB spot while shipping out Mustafi, Chambers and maybe Koscielny and making money off of them while buying Saliba and another CB on top of that.

It also doesn't really shine a good light on Arsenal when players are brought in as teenagers, come up through the youth teams, have good loans but then never get a chance in the first team and are sold off for smallish fees. It may be a way to make money when you're Real Madrid with a massive youth academy and you're able to bring in young players for big money and then sell them on for bigger money, but for Arsenal the model should be actually try and develop players. Especially in terms of squad and rotation players this is the route to go for financially restrained clubs: Use the transfer budget for exterior talent and top class players, fill the squad ranks with solid players having come up through the ranks instead of spending smallish but eventually gnawing fees ~ 10m on guys like Elneny. Not every player coming through the ranks has to be a top talent or end up worldclass to have a function in the first team and value for the club. If you can save 30m on three role/squad player positions because you brought up solid players yourself, that's as useful as having brought one top class talent through and goes a long way to form a coherent squad and save money.

The guy played League One not Championship, big difference as the level of quality drops significantly.

I’m wary of players that don’t have defined positions even when they start to play senior football. It means the player usually doesn’t excel at anything particular. He plays a bit part as a defender and mainly as a DM, reminds me a lot of Dier tbh.

His stock is high at the moment because of the U21 and I'd instantly sell if a decent offer comes in. Obviously I'd rather we sell Elneny and give Bielik a chance but it's a tricky situation as he wants regular first team football.

I don't see nothing wrong in wheeling and dealing with youth players. Everyone does it even if it's 500k profit it's still another source of revenue. We bought Bielik for 2.25m and got 5.5m in loan fees already (as per transfermarkt). We'll make a hefty profit if we sell for decent money which we should get.

Verdict:

sell and reinvest.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
The guy played League One not Championship, big difference as the level of quality drops significantly.

I’m wary of players that don’t have defined positions even when they start to play senior football. It means the player usually doesn’t excel at anything particular. He plays a bit part as a defender and mainly as a DM, reminds me a lot of Dier tbh.

His stock is high at the moment because of the U21 and I'd instantly sell if a decent offer comes in. Obviously I'd rather we sell Elneny and give Bielik a chance but it's a tricky situation as he wants regular first team football.

I don't see nothing wrong in wheeling and dealing with youth players. Everyone does it even if it's 500k profit it's still another source of revenue. We bought Bielik for 2.25m and got 5.5m in loan fees already (as per transfermarkt). We'll make a hefty profit if we sell for decent money which we should get.

Verdict:

sell and reinvest.

Sorry messed up the leagues.

Getting your points. But it's another non just black white topic and it depends and varies with each individual specific case. In a perfect world the academy should do both: Bring in money and spit out first teamers.

Anyway my main point independently of the specific case of Bielik was that not every youth player either has to have massive potential and the prospect of becoming top class or be sold. There is value in solid academy alumnis beyond selling them. Think AMN might end up being a good example of this. Right now I would take a punt on Bielik.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Completely agree. He may not have a top flight season under his belt, but he did good in the Championship and had a full season there. More than you can say about e.g. Mavropanos or youth team players. On top of that he had a good U21 tournament. Don't get why people want the talent groomed and under contract at the club shipped out for pennies and then go out and splash sums like 30m on exterior talent with just slighlty more top flight experience, especially in light of a tight budget.

I mean, it's nice to get Saliba, but then let's take a look at the options already at the club not yet tested. Bielik could easily be used to take 4th CB spot while shipping out Mustafi, Chambers and maybe Koscielny and making money off of them while buying Saliba and another CB on top of that.

It also doesn't really shine a good light on Arsenal when players are brought in as teenagers, come up through the youth teams, have good loans but then never get a chance in the first team and are sold off for smallish fees. It may be a way to make money when you're Real Madrid with a massive youth academy and you're able to bring in young players for big money and then sell them on for bigger money, but for Arsenal the model should be actually try and develop players. Especially in terms of squad and rotation players this is the route to go for financially restrained clubs: Use the transfer budget for exterior talent and top class players, fill the squad ranks with solid players having come up through the ranks instead of spending smallish but eventually gnawing fees ~ 10m on guys like Elneny. Not every player coming through the ranks has to be a top talent or end up worldclass to have a function in the first team and value for the club. If you can save 30m on three role/squad player positions because you brought up solid players yourself, that's as useful as having brought one top class talent through and goes a long way to form a coherent squad and save money.
He is better off at holding midfield for me but agreed re the rest of the post. I'm almost 99% certain we'll regret not giving him a go.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I'm almost 99% certain we'll regret not giving him a go.

I'm just too well acquainted with such cases as a Stuttgart fan. Almost every academy product that didn't show massive potential at 17, 18, 19 was derided by fans and deemed by managements of the past as not good enough and sold on early. At the same time Stuttgart has one of the highest numbers in Germany of alumnis who actually ended up making it into top flight football - a large chunk of them unfortunately just at different clubs cause they were deemed not good enough and sold on.

Over the years this has created a massively unharmonic squad with not enough club identification, youth players have been disillusioned about making it into the first team and the hard task of not only having to add top quality from outside, but on top of that having to bring in squad and role players from outside, too, which puts even more strain on limited budgets.

Leibold (HSV) , Rani Khedira (Augsburg), Stoger (Dusseldorf), Kolasinac (Arsenal), Vlachodimos (Benfica), Rudy (Schalke), Zimmermann (Dusseldorf), Bicakcic (Hoffenheim), Toljan (Dortmund) have not become top class but down the line all became established and solid Bundesliga players who could have gone on to fill important roles at Stuttgart without the need to sign them - but have been sold just because they were deemed not good enough far too early or written off after minimal game time.

You cannot really prevent top talent like Gnabry, Kimmich, Leno, Kehrer getting lured away early, but the academy should also go along way to fill squads besides top quality. This attracts more young talent, creates more club identification and thus more harmonic squads and saves a club money.

Last edited:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Sell him. Not going to be better than Holding or Ghedouzi, isn't better than Holding or Ghendouzi. Why are people advocating for another Joel Campbell situation? Sell him whilst his stock his high.

Get 10m and put that towards somebody ready to contribute now.

ASIF

Sell him. Not going to be better than Holding or Ghedouzi, isn't better than Holding or Ghendouzi. Why are people advocating for another Joel Campbell situation? Sell him whilst his stock his high.

For every Joel Campbell we also have A Gnabry and Jeff Adelaide.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
For every Joel Campbell we also have A Gnabry and Jeff Adelaide.
And for every Gnabry there's a takuma asano.
Its just a question of valuation imo. Do we sell him now and take the risk that he develops into a better player. That will be predicated by the offer we're made for him. If its 5m then I vote we retain him, if its around 10-15m then we sell and reinvest in squad.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Don't get why people want the talent groomed and under contract at the club shipped out for pennies
The same people who are complaining every day about how Liverpool is able to sell players and we are not. I'm not against selling this guy one day, but get him a run in the first team instead of Mustafi or Xhaka and sell later if he's not what we need

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable

Did you know it's spelled Guendouzi?

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
A bit of a different situation, but Harry Kane?
Yeah. Does not count lol. Guy was what? 10?

We've had no kids leave us at a stage where they need time that have become good, ever. Except gnabry.

So for every young player that has ever left there is only one gnabry.

Thats partly cause we have had basically zero talents come through and being good for us though.

**** academy. Hopefully our current crop can show something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom