• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Krystian Bielik (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I think from the translation it suggests we won’t let him go on the cheap. The alternative is extending him and loaning him out.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Besides Milan isn't exactly cash-rich. They are pretty much us, will low-ball as well.

Gotta hit them big time when the first self-signed bonus check for baldy shows up.

Don't like that at all. Could be our most ready-made player coming up from our own ranks.

We'll regret this.
Absolutely. Let's keep him in our ranks and give him short PL cameos when we are already winning by a few in home games and also give him all FA and Carling cup games. If he doesn't impress in that season or show potential you can ship him out.
Whoever is thinking of shipping him right now with the finacial state of our club is outright unreasonable! It's really crazy cos we are haggling over KT 's 25m fees, and have guys like El-Nenny in our ranks!

We keep yapping about following Ajax's suit when we want to sell our prospects because they are demanding squad places in place of the Nennys of this world! I sincerly hope that the club isn't thinking of letting him go. Even from my amateurish point of view, I feel that he would likely come good.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
We need the cash now, so won't mind selling him. But we should put a buy back clause of some kind in there.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Don't like that at all. Could be our most ready-made player coming up from our own ranks.

We'll regret this.

Completely agree. He may not have a top flight season under his belt, but he did good in the Championship and had a full season there. More than you can say about e.g. Mavropanos or youth team players. On top of that he had a good U21 tournament. Don't get why people want the talent groomed and under contract at the club shipped out for pennies and then go out and splash sums like 30m on exterior talent with just slighlty more top flight experience, especially in light of a tight budget.

I mean, it's nice to get Saliba, but then let's take a look at the options already at the club not yet tested. Bielik could easily be used to take 4th CB spot while shipping out Mustafi, Chambers and maybe Koscielny and making money off of them while buying Saliba and another CB on top of that.

It also doesn't really shine a good light on Arsenal when players are brought in as teenagers, come up through the youth teams, have good loans but then never get a chance in the first team and are sold off for smallish fees. It may be a way to make money when you're Real Madrid with a massive youth academy and you're able to bring in young players for big money and then sell them on for bigger money, but for Arsenal the model should be actually try and develop players. Especially in terms of squad and rotation players this is the route to go for financially restrained clubs: Use the transfer budget for exterior talent and top class players, fill the squad ranks with solid players having come up through the ranks instead of spending smallish but eventually gnawing fees ~ 10m on guys like Elneny. Not every player coming through the ranks has to be a top talent or end up worldclass to have a function in the first team and value for the club. If you can save 30m on three role/squad player positions because you brought up solid players yourself, that's as useful as having brought one top class talent through and goes a long way to form a coherent squad and save money.

goldengod

Would prefer we didn't sell him, but if we don't have any plans for him this year and he doesn't want another loan deal then we're better off getting what we can for him now (and inserting a sell on fee/buy back into his contract).

However, I hope the club can convince him to sign an extension and go on loan for one more year. Perhaps they could insert a clause into his contract that states from 2020/21 he has to play X number of games for the first team otherwise we would be obliged to accept offers for him above a certain fee. Might be the most suitable compromise to satisfy both parties

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Completely agree. He may not have a top flight season under his belt, but he did good in the Championship and had a full season there. More than you can say about e.g. Mavropanos or youth team players. On top of that he had a good U21 tournament. Don't get why people want the talent groomed and under contract at the club shipped out for pennies and then go out and splash sums like 30m on exterior talent with just slighlty more top flight experience, especially in light of a tight budget.

I mean, it's nice to get Saliba, but then let's take a look at the options already at the club not yet tested. Bielik could easily be used to take 4th CB spot while shipping out Mustafi, Chambers and maybe Koscielny and making money off of them while buying Saliba and another CB on top of that.

It also doesn't really shine a good light on Arsenal when players are brought in as teenagers, come up through the youth teams, have good loans but then never get a chance in the first team and are sold off for smallish fees. It may be a way to make money when you're Real Madrid with a massive youth academy and you're able to bring in young players for big money and then sell them on for bigger money, but for Arsenal the model should be actually try and develop players. Especially in terms of squad and rotation players this is the route to go for financially restrained clubs: Use the transfer budget for exterior talent and top class players, fill the squad ranks with solid players having come up through the ranks instead of spending smallish but eventually gnawing fees ~ 10m on guys like Elneny. Not every player coming through the ranks has to be a top talent or end up worldclass to have a function in the first team and value for the club. If you can save 30m on three role/squad player positions because you brought up solid players yourself, that's as useful as having brought one top class talent through and goes a long way to form a coherent squad and save money.

Also great that he can cover two positions like Javi Martinez. Exactly 2 we suck at.

I mean, we all know what would happen, if he'd start for us in the league 3 games and performs as hoped. He'd be basically worth double to what Lemina is now.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal

If the manager doesn't have a plan for him, as I suspect will also be the case with most of our other young players, Arsenal needs to stop messing him around with this extend then loan bollocks. He needs to move on and progress his career if he has higher ambitions than being a Chambers level player. In the process we should be getting 10mil+ for him which is big by our standards.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If the manager doesn't have a plan for him, as I suspect will also be the case with most of our other young players, Arsenal needs to stop messing him around with this extend then loan bollocks. He needs to move on and progress his career if he has higher ambitions than being a Chambers level player. In the process we should be getting 10mil+ for him which is big by our standards.

I’m sure he’s only got one year left? Didn’t know we had him for two!?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Are you surprised? Emery's job is on the line, if he doesn't do well he won't get that third year extension.

Just like Wenger towards the end, he'll turn to his senior players.

say yes

forum master baiter

He was in League 1, not the Championship.

Championship is another big step up; think it is the next logical step for him. If he can excel there, at his age, then I’d be pretty confident of him making it here.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Dumb decision. Can be given a chance and play against the janitor teams in the Europa.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
I’m sure he’s only got one year left? Didn’t know we had him for two!?
He already confirmed in an interview he has two left including this upcoming season I think.

Are you surprised? Emery's job is on the line, if he doesn't do well he won't get that third year extension.

Just like Wenger towards the end, he'll turn to his senior players.
It was pretty much going to be the case with almost any established manager we brought in tbh. The thing is while it made sense when we needed to get back in top four ASAP while our players were supposed to be in their prime, but now the moment has passed so it's up to to the management to set the policy for the coach to follow.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's Biliek choice he want to start games he won't like to be squad player we can't offer him that with Xhaka Torreira Guendouzi Willock and new signing all ahead of him. Get 15M and move on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom