• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ledley King

goonerlove

We won't break the bank for Ledley... that makes no sense. We can get a world-class defender to give us more depth in middle for 10-15 million easily... over 20 million is just insane.

Goonerlove

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I agree about King's Value not being anywhere near £22.5m. He's never played in a European club compteition thus far! He's worth about £6m in my view. We should have got a Boumsong on a free when we had the chance.

Mostarac

Established Member
Boumsong is solid in the Scottish Premier League, but when he plays against stronger opposition in Europe(UEFA-Cup) he makes mistakes just as he did against his former club Auxerre. And Newcastle will probably buy him. But Wenger was rumoured to be interested in Younes Kaboul(18 years old) who also plays for Auxerre, but he is injured right now.

Clarkey

Did King sign his contract as couldn't we get him on a free in the summer? Can't say i cover the spuds contract dealings.

Rapid88

After watching his clumsy display on motd earlier against Southampton, maybe its best we dont get him. He was crap.

Allyboy

Established Member
King is VASTLY overrated.

He has had about three decent international performances and he is worth £22 million?!

He is a decent Premiership defender but no where near as consistant as Campbell, Ferdinand or Terry.

If he was available on a free or we could get him for £7-10 million then he would be worth a shout, but at this price it would be stupid as we could probably get a much better player and talent in Defoe for that!

patrick42uk

Established Member
if we spent 20 million quid on king i'd be incredibly surprised. he's good, but for 20 million we could get 3 better defenders.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Mad Jens said:
seb_afc said:

Pfft. Who honestly believes a word he says about transfers? He's as two-faced as they come about them, and it's great.

exactly. i think its a year to the day when wenger was questioned about reyes. he said 'we know about him' but we are not making any signings. a month later, we'd paid out a record transfer fee. this time though i hope its not true, well at least not for 22 million.

malagar

Wenger wants to restore the reputation of Arsenal's defence, and will offer new deals to Highbury full-backs Cole and Lauren.

From that people Article - thats something positive :)

seb_afc

Established Member
it would be great to nick another Sp**s player, and make them even worse than they are if thats possible. haha

patrick42uk

Established Member
arnesen at Sp**s says they will consider big offers for their top players. i'm slightly more convinced this is true than i was this morning. i just hope it isnt for the price quoted.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season

Latest posts

Top Bottom