Life after Wenger: 2019 and Beyond

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by SA Gunner, Oct 12, 2015.

?

Would you be happy with Joachim Löw as Wenger's successor?

1. Yes

34.4%
  2. No

65.6%
  1. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan

Conte -> Italy For the WC 2018

I could be completely wrong, but the big manager moves to come are probably :

Conte to Italy
    Ancelotti to Milan
    Enrique to Chelsea

Wenger honours his contract
    PSG hold out for a free Pep in 2019
    Heynckes does his mates at Bayern a favour and stays on
    Real cling to Zidane but spend like idiots
    Sarri stays at Napoli, Löw at DFB, Allegri at Juve

All other big teams are set for next season.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    OSBK likes this.
  2. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

I dont think paul merson is capable of thoughts pal

3. thierrytheking14

thierrytheking14 Well-Known Member

"When Everton knock it long, they don't knock it long."

"After Chelsea scored, Bolton epitulated."

"Scoring goals is the hardest thing in football but doing it in a struggling team is double harder."

"Football's all about yesterday, it's all about now."

"They're not that very good, Napoli."

When Everton knock it long, they don't knock it long."

People just looked lost. Too many players looked like fish on trees."

"You usually like to play promoted sides around Christmas. They have got two lungs at the moment."

"Liverpool have just rolled the last bit of dice."

"For this game only, Burnley won't change their style of play. And for certain other games too."

"When defenders get ran at they're not as great as what they are."

"They're lacking that real streak of bang."

Great player but absolute mong.

asukru, DanDare, FinnGooner and 4 others like this.
  4. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Well-Known Member

No World Cup for Italy.

5. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

I'd love Bielsa here...something completely different.

6. Toby Andrl

Right, completely forgot they're not even in it :D

dashsnow17 likes this.
  7. baccy_man

baccy_man Active Member

8. Toby Andrl

I don't know where all the Löw rumours come from. There's absolutely no indication, for years and years, that he's seriously thinking about quitting the DFB. Thing is basically the Jogi Löw show, which he's built around himself.

Löw has got a contract until 2020...supposedly with a release clause after the 2018 WC. But the guy has never ever stated that he wants to leave the DFB. If he does continue his work, he's got a shot at least at three more tournaments, and with Germany's player pool, he's got a shot at becoming the most successful german national coach ever. Only needs to add one trophy of weight. He's at least looking at the 2020 EC.
    Before that I don't think he'll leave. He's so comfortably settled at DFB, they love him, no pressure on him whatsoever, great player pool, chances to win every tournament he enters, lots of free time. He loves it, says it all the time he's on TV. He flirts with a return to club football, sure. But that's it. Also, there's no one to take over from him.

You also have to remember that most teams start their preseason around the beginning of July, but succesful national teams will stay at the WC until the late knockout stages in mid July. So any team looking at guys like Löw or Sampaoli have to take a late preseason start into account. It's much more likely these guys join clubs during the season because someone else was let go, or during a summer without a tournament.

And then, there's Bayern. If Löw returns to club football, they'll be all over him. After Guardiola und Ancelotti, they desperately want a succesful german manager again.

dashsnow17 likes this.
  9. dashsnow17

I have many doubts about Löw's ability to transition back to club football after so long with the national team. However I think if he did go back he'd have much more chance to be successful at Bayern than he would at Arsenal.

When Wenger leaves Arsenal needs a coach who is fresh from managing a club and who is either incredibly ambitious and eager to step up a level or who is interested in translating their previous work to a new league. Howe/Jardim would fit the former, Allegri/Simeone would fit the latter.

Artisan likes this.
  10. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

11. dashsnow17

Nah

asukru and Thoros_of_ Myr like this.
  12. Trilly

Trilly AM's Part Time PSG supporter

Napoli manager, I think Sarri? He seems pretty good.

Allegri is good, Jardim deserves a nod for what he did at Monaco, Emery seems good too, also the young hoffenheim manager is apparently brilliant too.

I have no idea who this Favre guy is but @BobP makes him seem like a genius so wouldn't mind him either.

Would ideally prefer someone young but beggars can't be choosers. Same reason why it would be strange to turn down Ancelotti despite some of the issues we've seen from him.

asukru, Thoros_of_ Myr and BobP like this.
  13. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Unsinkable !

You just know it we are gonna mess this up... We are gonna approach some Klopp, Pochetto type manager who will achieve nothing but waist our time in our search for league glory...

Enrique, Low, Ancelotti. Excuse me while I throw up.

Malky, Thoros_of_ Myr, BobP and 3 others like this.
  14. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

Just doesn't feel right.

This would be an absolute nightmare, I'd prefer Löw or even Sean Dyche for that matter. **** off.

dashsnow17 likes this.
  15. progman07

progman07 Well-Known Member

What would be the problem with Luis Enrique?

16. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

We'll be sarri if we don't go for Sarri.

asukru, American_Gooner and Beksl like this.
  17. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

He has been an utter failure at every role apart from Barcelona. I'd argue a donkey could coach that front three to success and I also felt like at times Barca played some uninspiring football in comparison to some of their sides of the recent past (Pep, Tito).

BobP likes this.
  18. IslingtonBornandbred

IslingtonBornandbred Well-Known Member

You know what's crazy about all this manager chat....Unless the candidate is an absolute standout like Pep was when he left Barca, you never know what's going to happen. As a poster and a fan, your favourite candidate could be an absolute disaster and someone who you are mad that they appointed could turn out to be a legend. Sometimes it doesn't make sense but it just works out that way. Conte didn't have a great time before Juve but ended up being great for them. Villas Boas was viewed as a great choice by Chelsea and ended up being sacked shortly after.

But if I could have my way and excluding anyone currently managing another top club in England i.e Pep, I'd go for Simeone.

19. LacaNewSigning

LacaNewSigning Active Member

I don't know if simeone is a good fit for us he's a bit 2 defensive and doesn't really emphasize attacking play from his team. I'd rather allegri or jardim they are very good at balancing attacking play whilst still being strong defensively.

The board messed up big time by offering Wenger a new contract after the 2nd Fa cup success, there was a plethora of managers available at the time who may of guaranteed success now we're going to have to take a gamble on our next appointment on whether it works out or not.

20. hassoo

hassoo New Member

Just get anyone. Get this useless parasite out of our club.