• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Managerial Changes

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Yeah, thought he was impressive but after seeing who Bournemouth is gonna appoint to replace him I understand now.

Of course you will choose one of the biggest managerial talent in europe over Oneil.

Sparrahork

Bournemouth did well to stick with O'Neil last season, rumours he was to go but he didn't and they over achieved on where most thought they would finish.

Sacking him now means they have lost any soft spots other fans may have developed for them. Hopefully they go down next season and the board see the error of their ways.

Hopefully too o'neil's stock has risen and he gets another job before long.

Spanish managers appear in favour at present, I cannot however see iraola doing better than O'Neil would have hoped to have done.

Reactions: A_G

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Shocking one that O'Neil sacking. They where a dead cert for me to go down last year and he did an amazing job keeping them up relatively comfortably.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Yeah, that's poor from Bournemouth. O'Neil did a fantastic job keeping them up. They looked sure to go down at one point.

I don't know if O'Neil will turn out to be a good manager overall but based on what he's shown to date he deserved next season at least.

Tom Mix

Straightforward prejudice/racism. If O'Neill was called Gareto Onello they'd all be going weak at the knees to keep him on. Pick up any Spaniard on the dole with an exotic sounding name and the stupid board think they're onto a winner.
They will go down this season, deservedly so. Wish O'Neill all the very best.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Straightforward prejudice/racism. If O'Neill was called Gareto Onello they'd all be going weak at the knees to keep him on. Pick up any Spaniard on the dole with an exotic sounding name and the stupid board think they're onto a winner. Wish O'Neill all the very best.

Andoni Iraola is seen as a rising star concerning managers. The fact that you havent heard of him doesnt mean he was randomly selected.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Just got them into the Championship?

Another shocker. He did get a lot of **** from the Wednesday fans after they lost the first leg against Peterborough. I think I'm right in saying some of it was racist as well so maybe he's had enough.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

The BBC'S link to the new Bournemouth manager...

"An overachiever who grew up with Arteta"

... what's that got to do with anything, did Mikel raise him ffs :lol:

Topside

With Gary O'Neil he will feel hard done by what more could he of done?

I guess when we are harsh on managers that walk out for a different job and always for more money, it's a harsh gig and even if you do well you can be sacked.

Moore as well seems like he did what was required, promotion and leaving mutual consent in football often means a breakdown in manager/board relationship.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Good manager for Rayo Vallecano tbf.

Anyone remember him absolutely schooling Patrice Evra when Bielsa and Bilbao knocked out title winning Utd?

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Shocking one that O'Neil sacking. They where a dead cert for me to go down last year and he did an amazing job keeping them up relatively comfortably.
To me its a risky but bold, ambitious move given who they are bringing in to replace him. They want to be a team that not only survives but competes in the PL.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

The man with the funniest voice in the game is back...

...so that's Leeds getting promoted with 100 points this year, before getting like 9 as they get relegated again the year after.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom