• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Ødegaard rrally stepping up, is probably the main reason our football has improved...when the centre of your attacking play is playing well, it connects the whole team the most.

All the players deserve credit though, they have just gotten better and better as the season went on...the little partnerships developing all over the pitch, has been a joy to watch.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Gallagher is a very good all round footballer, what separates him is his engine/desire.

He’s probably just a decent CM without it, but that engine allows him to basically be an extra attacker when you have the ball with no trace off defensively because he’s got the athleticism to get back. A cheat code basically.

If we’re trying to build some Pep style possession dominating ting then he might not fit in but for any other style of play he’s two players in one.
Totally agree, he's near the top of the midfielder list for me alongside Rice, Frenkie, Tielemans. I was thinking that we wouldn't have a chance, but the recent Chelsea news maybe makes one of Rice, Mount or Gallagher gettable.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Totally agree, he's near the top of the midfielder list for me alongside Rice, Frenkie, Tielemans. I was thinking that we wouldn't have a chance, but the recent Chelsea news maybe makes one of Rice, Mount or Gallagher gettable.
They’re not allowed to sell or buy right?

Wonder how that would work with recalling Gallagher. Does give us a clear path for Rice but he loves Chelsea, could easily see them telling him to wait a year or something.

Barry

They’re not allowed to sell or buy right?

Wonder how that would work with recalling Gallagher. Does give us a clear path for Rice but he loves Chelsea, could easily see them telling him to wait a year or something.

I sort of feel like this pain is going to be short term for them, but you could see a situation where it mucks with their summer so that's our window of opportunity probably.

I think with Gallagher, even if they do sell then Crystal Palace is the likely destination. Would love him at Arsenal though, like you said he's got that high energy style that seems to thrive in the Premier League.

Just hope that we actually have some serious money to spend this Summer and put it into quality - there are some brilliant players around, need to be dodging the duds this year to push our team on.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
At the moment his decision making when there’s a good shooting opportunity is poor. But he’s gonna score more and he’s going to improve. He keeps getting into the positions and he’s getting important practice in refining the killer final pass and chance taking. The big challenges that remain are how he deals with it when teams develop game plans to try and stop him and whether he can become more helpful to arsenal when they have less possession and control of the ball (when the other team’s clearly better than us) imo.

Feel we’ve basically seen this with mount and esr too, keep getting there and you’ll unlock your finishing potential.

He’s got a great attitude, he takes risks, and he doesn’t shy away from the ball. Recipe for improvement.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Salah is the best player in the league by a margin (imo) and he regularly snatches at shots and takes heavy touches.

Silkiness is overrated, that’s a lesson I only learned v.recently tbf.

Salah takes a lot of shots, I don't I'll be able to find it but someone broke the final third into like 20-30 different sections for who's taken the most shot in each section and Salah had about 5-6 of them. I think sometimes you just have to get shots off even if you're off balance, on your weak foot, closed down, etc. Now there's always a time where it becomes too much, for example Partey was the highest for one of the sections which was like 25 yards outside the box, for Salah it was all in and around the box.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Overrated. Decent but style too British.

I mean basically he'd have a similar role to ESR if he did join and since we already have ESR there's no point. I'm not sure if he's too British but he seems more an end product player than someone who's gonna get involved in the general play. We already have Ødegaard and ESR who offer very different things we wouldn't need someone like Gallagher on top of that. And you're right his profile wouldn't seem have the same impact that Ødegaard has in his role for example. Think there's a place for players like Gallagher but we don't have one for him.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don't think Gallagher is someone that takes our midfield to the next level, seems more of a squad player for a top side. I think we need a technical box to box that can influence the final third but also get in next to Partey when we're defending. Bellingham is the dream signing for me.

Barry

I mean basically he'd have a similar role to ESR if he did join and since we already have ESR there's no point. I'm not sure if he's too British but he seems more an end product player than someone who's gonna get involved in the general play. We already have Ødegaard and ESR who offer very different things we wouldn't need someone like Gallagher on top of that. And you're right his profile wouldn't seem have the same impact that Ødegaard has in his role for example. Think there's a place for players like Gallagher but we don't have one for him.
Think that's a fair point to be honest. I don't agree! But yeah he is similar to ESR style wise and ESR can play on the left which is a big bonus. Gallagher's defensive numbers are much better though. Tielemans is more refined with quality passing and through balls. Less of a goal machine though so that's the sort of choice I guess.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
We should be all over Gallagher if he's available. He's pure class.
I’d be all over olise personally. He plays the game at his own pace and he eases it past defenders with no effort at all. Both are significant of an extremely intelligent player, particularly given his age. I think he could give genuine cover and competition to Saka and ode. He’s got a 35m release clause I think.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I’d be all over olise personally. He plays the game at his own pace and he eases it past defenders with no effort at all. Both are significant of an extremely intelligent player, particularly given his age. I think he could give genuine cover and competition to Saka and ode. He’s got a 35m release clause I think.
Would love to sign him @Rex Banter you seen the fits he’s been dropping?

Elite potential on and off the pitch.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Think that's a fair point to be honest. I don't agree! But yeah he is similar to ESR style wise and ESR can play on the left which is a big bonus. Gallagher's defensive numbers are much better though. Tielemans is more refined with quality passing and through balls. Less of a goal machine though so that's the sort of choice I guess.
Feel like Gallagher could bring what ESR does while also being good defensively which goes back to what we said about him being two players in one.

Now it’s been raised though, probably pointless to upgrade on ESR’s role at this moment in time.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Olise would cost a premium now, last summer would've been the perfect time to get him. Something like 8m they got him for.

He'd have got decent minutes behind Ødegaard this season.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Yeah shame they couldn’t get a buy option.

His level looks high. Wonder if the Chelsea issues will mean they keep him and Broja?

Potentially. If I were Tuchel I’d be keeping Broja regardless- he could be fantastic in his system. Just needs to brush up on his finishing then he can be a top PL striker IMO.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Martin Ødegaard could captain Arsenal A lot of you have probably already seen this but what does everyone think about Ødegaard being captain next year? I love this guy & certainly have no issue despite only being a year with the club.
I think it is good that Laca has the armband now. It gives the younger players space to focus on playing the game. Ødegaard is captaining Norway, by all accounts he has the right attitude and professionalism. I do think we have other contenders though. Ultimately, the armband can quickly become a millstone around a player's neck.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Olise would cost a premium now, last summer would've been the perfect time to get him. Something like 8m they got him for.

He'd have got decent minutes behind Ødegaard this season.
Hasn’t quite broken out yet so could still get him for a decent fee.

Just not the type of signing I see us making though.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996
Top Bottom