• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
@GDeep™ stoked for this? I know he rated him highly. Also said we'd never have a chance of getting him and Real are only mugging us. The strategy was clear, obvious and it worked.
I didn’t know Carlo would go back to Real and allow this. Decent signing, decent price, no complaints from me. Not a game changer.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

How was I wrong? I said we should buy him and not loan him.

Enjoy the transfer, you seem massively obsessed with me, and I have told you this before.
You said he is injured when we loaned him (he wasn't) and that he can't possibly have an impact on a 6 months loan, wrong again.

Also you were against the loan, saying it is small club mentality or something like that, us developing a player for Real.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
It looked like a safe bet back then tbf, really didn't expect him to cower at the prospect of competing with a decaying Isco
Eh, he's got the opportunity to be the main man at Arsenal, why would he get involved in a competition for places anywhere else, I doubt he gives much value to Real Madrid after the way they treated him.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

Think many of us seem to forget that Ode is still only 22. Plenty of room for further growth and refinement to his play. He may even transform whenever Arteta throws in the towel.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Not game changer on his own, but for his age, quality and price in todays market, it's like we stole him.
Time will tell, let’s hope so. Atm i think he’s decent.

Nice to see you back, was going to send out a search party.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You said he is injured when we loaned him (he wasn't) and that he can't possibly have an impact on a 6 months loan, wrong again.

Also you were against the loan, saying it is small club mentality or something like that, us developing a player for Real.
That’s all true. A loan without an option is small time.

We both got what we wanted, Ode on a permanent deal. Let’s enjoy it, don’t want another circular debate with you.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
No it didn’t. Carlo not wanting him and us being the only club wanting him is what made it happen.
Carlo has only been complimentary about Ødegaard and played him in all the preseason matches. He's just sick of Real Madrid and constantly having to audition for a role in their team for most of his playing life, and wants some stability for a change.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Carlo has only been complimentary about Ødegaard and played him in all the preseason matches. He's just sick of Real Madrid and constantly having to audition for a role in their team for most of his playing life, and wants some stability for a change.
So you agree with me. They didn’t even give him a squad space or something either. You only leave Real when they don’t want you, unless you’re Ronaldo or something.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

So you agree with me. They didn’t even give him a squad space or something either. You only leave Real when they don’t want you, unless you’re Ronaldo or something.
Didn't seem like they didn't want him. It was just that he had 2 years in contract, didn't want to renew and wants to start now, so they had to sell in addition that they need money and can't sell deadwood like everyone else.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
They didn't not want him. Theyd have kept him and given him chances to break into the team but there were no assurances. I believe Ødegaard had enough of the uncertainty about his career. If he were on loan to some other team, I'm not sure we'd have pushed the boat out to get him.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Didn't seem like they didn't want him. It was just that he had 2 years in contract, didn't want to renew and wants to start now, so they had to sell in addition that they need money and can't sell deadwood like everyone else.
Their squad is poor, I thought he would stay but they still let him go. He wouldn’t have left if Carlo offered him minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright
Top Bottom