• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Ødegaard crumbles under pressure, he's weak and slow to the ball, slow generally, spends all his time on the right at the expense of the left and the middle, rarely turns out of pressure, spends most of the game passing backwards, has no right foot, doesn't pick the ball up in the hole. He can find a killer ball or powerful delayed option given time but his first instinct is to protect the ball rather than open up and attack, he has some of the skills of a creative player but the instincts of a water carrier. He doesn't have the physical attributes to be a true 10 and I wonder if his future should be in a deeper position. To me he wasn't even playing as our no. 10 even if that was nominally his position. I'll be up front, I can't stand the player and there isn't a player I've wanted the club to invest in less at the club for a long time. I feel people are reaching back for some of the subtle creators Arsenal have had in the past, this bloke isn't a patch on them imo. I'd take almost anyone over him I liked Buendia, I like Pereira, and I'd tolerate Maddison over him.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Ødegaard crumbles under pressure, he's weak and slow to the ball, slow generally, spends all his time on the right at the expense of the left and the middle, rarely turns out of pressure, spends most of the game passing backwards, has no right foot, doesn't pick the ball up in the hole. He can find a killer ball or powerful delayed option given time but his first instinct is to protect the ball rather than open up and attack, he has some of the skills of a creative player but the instincts of a water carrier. He doesn't have the physical attributes to be a true 10 and I wonder if his future should be in a deeper position. To me he wasn't even playing as our no. 10 even if that was nominally his position. I'll be up front, I can't stand the player and there isn't a player I've wanted the club to invest in less at the club for a long time. I feel people are reaching back for some of the subtle creators Arsenal have had in the past, this bloke isn't a patch on them imo. I'd take almost anyone over him I liked Buendia, I like Pereira, and I'd tolerate Maddison over him.

Poor posting imo. Unfair assessment with no real evidence to back it up.

4/10 post, can be improved on however. Regards.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Very nice stuff but does that equate to more goals? I’m seeing loads of X’s and Y’s but will that give us 70 goals? I say 70 because that is the average amount of goals needed to get top 4 in most seasons. We finished the season on 55 goals. Long story short, do you think Ødegaard inclusion to the first team will give us 15+ goals? If you’re answer is no or you’re not sure then we need to move on.
Well we went up to an average of nearly 2 goals per match in the second half of the season which was second or 3rd in the league. You can query what was behind this improvement and whether it can be sustained but it's undeniable that we massively improved our team attacking play. Personally I don't think we will sustain it at that level but I think Ødegaard will help with general all round control and creativity. Maybe not goals though which could be a problem still.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Poor posting imo. Unfair assessment with no real evidence to back it up.

4/10 post, can be improved on however. Regards.
While I don’t agree with @samspade said. Is he lying? I think Ødegaard is a call back to creative players in the early 2010s that simply don’t exist anymore. Signing him would be the like signing Xhaka all over again. Not a bad player, but outdated. Bruno Fernandes, KdB, Foden, Grealish. These are the top level creators. They are all more versatile in their movements, goal threats and can operate in multiple systems. You can’t say the same for MO.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I really want this move to happen. Some Arsenal fans will be furiously backtracking when they witness Ødegaard develop throughout the season.

Feel bad for the guy, even if he comes, it seems some will be against him and for what? Because we didn’t sign James Maddison!?

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
While I don’t agree with @samspade said. Is he lying? I think Ødegaard is a call back to creative players in the early 2010s that simply don’t exist anymore. Signing him would be the like signing Xhaka all over again. Not a bad player, but outdated. Bruno Fernandes, KdB, Foden, Grealish. These are the top level creators. They are all more versatile in their movements, goal threats and can operate in multiple systems. You can’t say the same for MO.
Grealish and Foden are wingers and Bruno gives the ball away all the time.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Well we went up to an average of nearly 2 goals per match in the second half of the season which was second or 3rd in the league. You can query what was behind this improvement and whether it can be sustained but it's undeniable that we massively improved our team attacking play. Personally I don't think we will sustain it at that level but I think Ødegaard will help with general all round control and creativity. Maybe not goals though which could be a problem still.
People are so fixated on individual stats. Watch the game, watch how many times Ødegaard gets our full backs into crossing positions. Whether you like it or not, that is Artetaball, get the ball wide, and cross.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Formatting was poor as well, huge lack of paragraphs and punctuation is nothing to write home about. Again, can be improved but I wasn’t impressed.

Hmmm excellent feedback, I must say.

gqste5fxbz341.jpg

GDeep™

League is very weak
Totally agree.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I'll be up front, I can't stand the player and there isn't a player I've wanted the club to invest in less at the club for a long time.

How can you genuinely say this, when we are bidding about £30 million for Ramsdale atm?

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Id agree with some of this but think you're exaggerating a bit or seeing he negatives too much, he is inclined to make safe passes when space is lacking but he can also find a really good ball at the same time even if it is a bit rare, he also doesnt look like s shrinking violet when challenged for the ball.

To me, he definitely seems to suit an 8 more than an out and out 10 but he isnt Özil where he is limited to running around tying to find space for 90 minutes. Think if he came he would help us retain possession and create a few chances per match. You've got to think how much an opposition team can focus on him when you have Saka and ESR hanging around. I would also be a bit more optimistic in seeing how Pepe is starting to look more forward with his passing in pre-season and think its something Arteta has been working on with him and would try to do with Ødegaard. We probably havent seen the best of him yet either.

Get a proper central midfielder in alongside Partey and we'll be well able to control matches with him in the team and keep a constant pressure on. Without him we risk going end to end depending on who we sign for central midfield.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Need some real transfer news soon though, this window is boring as **** and doesn’t help AM has gone downhill.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Of all the absolute crap we have had over the recent years, Ødegaard would be way down the list, on players I never wished played for this club.

We just signed Willian last season for example :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom