• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Of all the absolute crap we have had over the recent years, Ødegaard would be way down the list, on players I never wished played for this club.

We just signed Willian last season for example :lol:
I'm aware he's not our worst player ever which is why I didn't say that. I just don't like watching Arsenal when he plays and our choice of investment in the 10 position is high stakes in terms of Arsenal's future. Whether you like someone or not, how they make you feel is just that, a feeling, I've said how I feel about the player and thats all there is to it.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It's so obvious, we'll sign this guy at the eleventh hour and he'll be painted as our marquee signing. And knowing this fanbase they'll eat it up.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It's so obvious, we'll sign this guy at the eleventh hour and he'll be painted as our marquee signing. And knowing this fanbase they'll eat it up.

It’s funny because that’ll be the same squad as last season plus Ben White.

Not a real significant improvement imo.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

It’s funny because that’ll be the same squad as last season plus Ben White.

Not a real significant improvement imo.

On paper it isn’t, but having Ødegaard over a full season may see us improve. As well as that you have both Partey & Gabriel going into their second seasons so again should be improvement on that front.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Think if we get in a new central midfield in addition to Ødegaard we're looking pretty good, if the new cm is a good ball player thats as close to Wengerball as you're gonna get. We should be able to win nearly every game against bottom 10 and more than a few from the top half. 70+ points is very manageable.
------------Auba
---Esr-----Ode--------Saka
-----new cm--Partey

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Think if we get in a new central midfield in addition to Ødegaard we're looking pretty good, if the new cm is a good ball player thats as close to Wengerball as you're gonna get. We should be able to win nearly every game against bottom 10 and more than a few from the top half. 70+ points is very manageable.
------------Auba
---Esr-----Ode--------Saka
-----new cm--Partey

Why not lokonga for Cm? Did we sign him for the future?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Of course not signing CM and RB the squad will be same and we made no improvement in areas we were clearly lacking. add Ødegaard/Maddison buy Xhaka Upgrade and buy Quality RB so far we looking for Xhaka upgrade and we looking to get one of Ødegaard or Maddison so at least they noticing only worry is there no serious links about RB.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

On paper it isn’t, but having Ødegaard over a full season may see us improve. As well as that you have both Partey & Gabriel going into their second seasons so again should be improvement on that front.
I actually don’t blame Arteta for wanting to work with someone he’s worked with already instead of going out on a limb and going with, say a Maddison.

With a competent ESR there and decent wing options I’m more concerned about the RB & CM positions personally.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Why not lokonga for Cm? Did we sign him for the future?
Id assume he isnt coming in as first choice and he will get somewhere between 10-20 games this year. Looks promising but theres a difference between say a Locatelli who is delivering and Lokonga who looks to have the promise of delivering. As things stand if Xhaka goes he probably will be the backup to new cm and Partey. But for the top team we can put out thats probably it.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Ødegaard wouldn't be our main number 10, like the way Bergkamp and Cesc were in the past, when the team is built around them...we aren't really looking for that anyway, he will share that role with Smith-Rowe.

Sometimes both will play, sometimes one will be benched...sometimes one will play wide, other times the other will play wide...they both bring different strengths to the table, will be harder for opponents to deal with that...etc.

It's about having 2 quality playmakers in the squad again, we didn't even start last season with one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom