• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I still feel like Ødegaard is and probably always has been our priority for the AM position. Can see us waiting till the last day for him until Real decide what they're doing with him though and go with what we have till then.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

How lazy and uninspiring. I'd almost have rather us sign no one at AM, switch to 4-3-3 and use Willock rather than sell him to fund this.

If we're doing this at least get it done quickly rather than waiting for the 11th hour to give the fans something to cheer on deadline, the season literally starts Friday and we've got the two best team in the country back to back in the coming weeks, surely we cannot afford another Partey situation where we sacrificed games essentially.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Imagine this is the only signing we do between now an the end of the window, we'll have essentially not improved our XI at all from the end of last season. Kinda unforgivable when you think about it.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
I like Ødegaard, I'd be very happy with him, the problem I have is they will insist on a realistic buy back option. They do it on every young player, if he is costing 35-40m it will be probably be something like 55 or 60m.
So if he is any good it's just a glorified loan, unless you can either set it higher than they normally would (like £100m) or pay a bit more to exclude one altogether I don't think it is going to be worth it.
He did fit in well though and was really looking good when he got injured, that was a shame, he also fits in that age bracket with our other good younger players (Saka, Smith-Rowe, White, Tierney, Gabriel, Martinelli etc) we would have a very exciting group there, for Arteta to stifle.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I like Ødegaard, I'd be very happy with him, the problem I have is they will insist on a realistic buy back option. They do it on every young player, if he is costing 35-40m it will be probably be something like 55 or 60m.
So if he is any good it's just a glorified loan, unless you can either set it higher than they normally would (like £100m) or pay a bit more to exclude one altogether I don't think it is going to be worth it.
He did fit in well though and was really looking good when he got injured, that was a shame, he also fits in that age bracket with our other good younger players (Saka, Smith-Rowe, White, Tierney, Gabriel, Martinelli etc) we would have a very exciting group there, for Arteta to stifle.
That's a good point. Such a clause is a deal-breaker for me (unless closer to 100 million, which won't happen), and might be part of why the transfer is stalling.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

A buy back clause isn't something we should entertain. I'd rather we didn't sign him then.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
"Arsenal seem ready to pay..."

Hmmm, something about that tweet, just doesn't feel very believable to me.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I'd much rather Ødegaard for 40 million than Maddison (with his possible hip problems) for 70 million. Then get a RB for the 30 million bonus left, or replace Elneny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom